Can we at least get a statement what SOE thinks about shotguns?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Apr 12, 2013.

1. cfnz

Exactly. Shotguns may require a more substantial balance pass, which will take time. Look how long it's taken for scout rifles and battle rifles to get some attention, maybe they weren't popular enough to deserve sooner attention though.
  2. smokemaker

They love em. Made them a lot of cash. They did a small nerf and released more. By there actions they are making money with them. I say they like them.
    I do.
  3. HadesR

Ofc .. They are pretty much selling people the same shotgun twice ... Nerf one > Sell a new one thats pretty much like the pre-nerfed one :p
  4. smokemaker

Bought them both.
    And ill buy the next set of weapons.
    I can not get enough.
  5. Deronok

True, but it seems like after SoE makes a change, then they wait a while before making a change to the same thing. Right now, I'd imagine their idea of shotguns is currently a 'wait and see' thing.
  6. Killy80

Unfortunately, judging from the sheer amount of complaints I feel this strategy is making them lose quite a few customers. I know there are a lot of people who say everything is right, but I personally feel there are more people who are bothered by the situation.
  7. sauna

Shotguns and oneshots are ******.
  8. ChaosRender

The New PA shotguns are worse that the nerfed original PA and no where near as good as the pre-nerfed versions.
  9. DeadLamb

IMO at that point it's really not that big of a deal how one might die being your squad/platoon smashed into another one and people are getting dropped on both side anyways. You have a range of tactics, high ground, bigger nerds or gear etc that determines the "total outcome" for one team vs the other. Couple of guys with shotguns are not going to tilt a 20ish vs 20ish battle all that much..

The times my outfit platoon has just wiped out a base of defenders it was tactics, not gear. Same for when we have been ****** slapped down from trying to take a base.. It's not the gear that did it..

I still think the main "Well THAT sucked!!" shotgun issue for most people is when they are running towards some CP and get dropped with ONE click of the mouse by a lone heavy with shields up as he walks out a door. People hate feeling they had zero chance in some given fight. At least when I'm spamming my haymaker shotgun all over the place the other guy is getting shots in on me too in most cases.

maybe to balance pump actions they need to do some sort of blah blah "insert made up reason here" effect like carrying a shotgun makes the users have less health due to the radiation from the depleted uranium used in the pellets. Maybe a speed movement penalty? With the TTK so low they don't have much wiggle room as far as weapon damage goes.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sorusi

I would also love to know what SOE's plans are with the weapons and similarly like you said.

Before the shotgun boosts (& PAS) i used to spend most of my time as inf, now i avoid it at all cost, due to how long range battes work (loads of spread, bad hit detection & general feel of "no precision" with the weapons), and shotguns ruining the CQC.
  11. vastaitku

I guess nobody @ SOE will be reading this then!

Shotguns are fine.
  12. Aisar

I think if they believed there was a problem they would have nerfed their effectiveness. They are meant to be lethal at a certain range and it also encourages people to buy shotguns themselves to compete. If they were not as good people would not be buying as many, as they are without question the king of in your face CQC. I think we are meant to deal with it or buy a shotgun, but that's just what it looks like to me.
  13. Goretzu

[IMG]

To be fair this IS the F2P model they have to make and sell things people want to buy.

It is on of the inherent balance flaws over the the subscription model, but with "F2P" you really just got to live with it, and complain if it goes too far (which it really hasn't [quite] with shoguns - although it is teetering on the very edge of what is acceptable IMO).
    • Up x 1
  14. Killy80

They should start to question benefit and cost relationship tho, as in players leaving the game because of this shotgun issue. And I know a few (personally) who did.
  15. Shasbot

SoE's thoughts on shotguns would be that they make good revenue. This is probably why they keep making more of them, and will continue to. These pumps for example haven't been on sale yet, but check in to your nearest biolabs or tower and the place will be full of em'.
  16. Loegi

Yeah, snipers are OP.
    • Up x 1
  17. TomaHawk

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Marinealver

You could also be loosing the clientside war. Sometimes it is like playing through a rearview mirror. Players are closer then they actually appear.
  19. Goretzu

Oh absolutely, I'm not convinced it is particularly sustainable, but then I'm not seen a F2P model yet that I believe is sustainable (in the sense subscription was in PS1, EQ1, WoW etc.).
    • Up x 1
  20. PurpleOtter

That's an easy one to answer. SOE thinks they're a great revenue stream!