Devs suddenly realized what's a jetpack!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by OldMaster80, Apr 12, 2013.

1. OldMaster80

Lol, on Test Server LA jetpack have new sounds. LOUD AND DEEP sounds.
    The age of Light Assault Troopers working flying around totally silently and infiltrating bases to drop C4 around is almost over :D
  2. Ztiller

Yep, it's pretty noticeable. And of course the LA community is screaming that this will be the end of the Light Assault. Ah, the drama...
  3. WycliffSlim

Won't make a difference to me... Half the people who play this game have no situational awareness anyways. If using it causes you to ping on the minimap that'd suck... but, I don't care about sound lol.
    • Up x 4
  4. Frosty The Pyro

Dawning is the age of Light Assault Troopers working flying around loudly and infiltrating basses to drop C4 around.:D
  5. Dragonblood

I started to cert the Max unit as secondary class. This would mean I can finally hear a sound above me, before I get C4 dumped on me? yaaaay

That silent C4 dropping is a cheap trick anyway in my eyes.
  6. DFDelta

Pretty much this.

Hell I've seen enemy infiltrators cloak in hugging distance to someone and the guy did not even flinch, and everyone who has played more then an hour knows that cloaking is hearable pretty much from the next base over.
    Won't make a lick of difference for us light assaults.
  7. Sabreur

*Sobs uncontrollably*

My brain knows that this is a reasonable change and all. People used to joke all the time about the 'stealth' jetpack. But yeah, LA is my primary class when I'm not in a vehicle. Deserved change or not, the silence will be missed.

Farewell, Stealth Jetpack. :-(
  8. Jaes

I don't think this will change the "LA is OP cuz it drops C4 in groups of the mindless zerg" crying much.
  9. ironeddie

I've noticed players don't tend to look up as a natural reaction so LA will still get plenty of kills. Tbh sounds for the jet pack should have been part of the game from day one. Vehicles make noise so naturally a jet pack strapped to your back would also make a racket.
  10. Tanelorn

Awesome devs. I support this. Except maybe VS deserve quiet jetpacks due to antigrav tech.

Faction specific jetpacks anyone?
  11. Doggzor

All that's needed now is a delay to the refire time from un cloaking raised to about a .5 of a second and we are golden.
  12. WycliffSlim

There's already a delay from when you uncloak to when you can fire... It's gotten me killed several times. :p
  13. Fned

I play mostly LA and approve of this change. It always felt wrong being stealthier than Infiltrators...
    • Up x 3
  14. iller

Only b/c HA's are way too maneuverable while firing every heavy weapon known to man yet somehow having the same hitboxes as a Light... If LA's want dedicated players, now's the time for them join the Vehicle Jockeys who've been QQ'ing all month that HA's shouldn't be able to counter everything in the game at the same time. Even MAXes have to settle for the best 2 out of 3.... (or just 1 & 1/2 when dual burster)
  15. Skeith

"dances peanuts butter jelly time"
  16. OldMaster80

Personally I'm surprised this hasn't been changed during beta. Current sounds situations is completely stupid, and LA players know. So they really have little to cry about! ;)
  17. Crewell

I don't think it's jetpack noise that makes them stealthier. It may help a little. I think it's their ability to get to decent perches and psuedo-snipe better.

Also if they make LA jetpacks noisier, will the make Infiltrator cloaking quieter?
  18. Worxe

I play LA a lot, and reckon the jetpack having a noise would be just be cool. Sure, it makes us more audible, but we weren't exactly meant to be the sneaky types.

Also what Fned said.