[LOVE] Thank you SONY!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SickPuppy, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Morpholine

FWIW, the ragers seem to all be the same crowd that proudly proclaim they'll never spend a cent on the game, so it's sour grapes as far as I'm concerned.

After all, they're (presumably) enjoying a great game on what is essentially other people's dime.
  2. gunfox

Certs where never meant to be bought with dollars. They were the one thing that made the game not pay2win. Now people got 50 levels and more worth of certs for money. Certs boost the strength of your character, so it's pay 2 win.
    • Up x 3
  3. MsSkitzle

They weren't bought with dollars. The guns that i bought on two separate characters, on two different servers were bought with dollars. A perk that people now enjoy with only one purchase. We got a refund for buying a gun twice, that we should have only bought once. So you're saying it's unjust that we receive compensation for this?

I'm to the point where I have my character set up comfortably, and I'm not hurting for certs. Most of them sit in the cert bank and wait for a weapon that looks nice.
  4. Problem Officer

More like a colossal F-U to anyone not willing to spend the value of many good games on one.
    Nothing good came out of this. The rich got what they could already afford, while those who couldn't, didn't, without any notice.
    That's merely on top of paying to win.
    PS2 was already P2W at a tolerable level, until this ******** decision threw the coffin in the grave.

No one got a "refund".
    They got a free conversion from something bought with $ to something no one can buy with $,
    something that was never meant for that.
    What should have happened is getting an exactly 100% refund to the total SC spent on the relevant items.

HEY HOW ABOUT YOU ADD +100%XP 12MONTH BOOSTS FOR 5kSC!?
    • Up x 1
  5. VSDerp

i didn't get nothing. pew pew
  6. Eyeklops

The right thing would be to refund back to station cash so the players can re-spend it in the game. However, SOE is too greedy to do the right thing in this situation. So basically, it's SOE business as usual. The only time certs should be given is if the weapon was bought with certs.

Yet another horrible situation caused by the early release.
  7. Izriul

It's the same 3 or 4 pathetic people crying so hard that it seems like a crowd, but it's not. It's just a couple of whiners who are bitter that they didn't get anything.

I didn't even know why I got extra until a while ago when I realised it's because I bought a bundle on my main character after already owning a couple of weapons from that bundle...on the same character. Yet apparently, according to these whiners, I "Paid to win" because myself, and everyone who got compensated, "apparently" knew this would happen. I can't speak for everyone, but I can certainly speak for myself, I didn't.

But, I am glad for the extra certs, not that my BR70 needed it anyway, it will go nicely towards my alts though. The whiners however, will just have to deal with it.
  8. Custodes

Auraxium membership and I didn't get a thing. *Grumble*
  9. Morpholine

Ahh, that explains my cert kicker. I haven't purchased any duplicates on multiple characters, but there are a small handful of bundles I picked up where I already had one or two of the items.
  10. Izriul

I'm only guessing actually, I don't know for sure but I do know I haven't bought duplicate weapons. Higby did mention bundles though, but never said anything about being on the same character, so just an assumption. Only thing I can think of though.
  11. Morpholine

I wouldn't put it past SOE to hose up the credit in one fashion or another. At least they seem to have hosed it up on the generous end (if indeed it was not the bundles causing my cert explosion).
  12. Ronin Oni

EXCEPT THAT WAS NOT OUR INTENT WITH OUR PURCHASES.

We all bought all this stuff a while ago. Some few people bought dupe items after they announced they were working on account wide expecting SC refund to respend the money but not wanting to wait to use it on multiple characters. (I sure as hell didn't without any guarantee of compensation/refund).

If they put 1k certs up for sale for 700SC IN THE STORE then you could cry P2W

But they didn't. This is merely compensation for big spenders in early support of the game.

Honestly, the amount of Envy is pretty hilarious :D
    • Up x 1
  13. jwiechers

Actually, I've spend about $300 on this game, but then, I wouldn't call myself enraged, merely miffed -- and not because I haven't received a single cert due to the fact that I play NC almost exclusively (I only sign on to my other characters to get the 48 daily certs and try out stuff in the VR room) and was always very careful not to buy duplicates, expecting the account-wide system, but mostly because, sorry, this seriously screws up the game balance. There are now people with admittedly high battle ranks who can essentially buy everything and max out all their characters without having to do the requisite work that would make this achievement fair. They can also, apparently, do this for all their alt-characters because they received the certs on all characters.

That is simply not sensible.
  14. WastedGate

Edzackary.
    I spent good money for the same faction on 3 different servers back when the game was really jacked up and I had to hop around to dodge the lag.
    Logged in today and about sh*t,lol.
    You people crying foul are the same people that dog the game,no soup for you.
    Tough mammary gland,should of got off your hip a little bit.
    Out.
  15. Tanelorn

I see that love can be bought for the ignorant. Nevermind the rediculously imbalanced way that SOE handled the refund.
  16. WastedGate

^^ You cry ignorance on what reasoning?
    Have you read your post?
    /smirk