PLEASE PLEASE ALLOW AIRCRAFT YAW CONTROL WITH MOUSE!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlasmaJedi, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Theodwulf

This would be a huge improvement for those of us who haven't been to flight school with Iceman and Joker.. The skillsets required to do any ingame actions in the real world are not the same as those required to do them in the game through the controls available, nor should they be. Keep it simple..so it is fun. AND for the love of GOD why is there no "prone position" for my little infrantry guy?!
  2. Tiedemann

I also would like to use the mouse as in Battlefield.
  3. jsnipy

Has there ever been any official feedback on whether mouse yaw will be an option?
  4. Berakh

gif mouse yaw already.
  5. Some1

6. iccle

Firefly ftw.
  7. XRIST0

Yaw on the mouse o_O i have never really understood how you could play like that .

I couldn't play like that personally but whatever makes you happy i guess ..
  8. Goretzu

Joystick control is terrible in PS2 (at least with mine) it's almost unflyable as it seem to default to an on/off switch with joystick control, so you begin to move it and it does nothing then at a certain point it just switches onto full up/down etc. It's like a drunk flying simulator.

Dunno if other people are having more luck with other Joysticks though.
  9. Uzii

Not in the best place, but if you look through it, it has nearly very thread of why this should be an option for people.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/still-cant-rebind-mouse-axis.91279/

Also, Smedley directly said "We will add this". A lot of us are still waiting, months after release. We don't want any tweaking or adjusting, just unlock the mouse so we can bind it to whatever we want. It seriously can't be that hard to implement.
  10. Jex =TE=

Unless things have changed in recent patches don't bother, the JS is awful. In about a millimeter of movement you go to full deflection. Use the JS for a lib or galaxy where you don't need precision but on a fighter it has to be mouse right now. I guess an example would be it would be a bit like trying to play the FPS part of planetside with a joystick lol
  11. jsnipy

i just got a wireless xbox pc controller ... so cash
  12. Nocturnal7x

13. Udnknome

I've been asking for this since beta. It doesn't really feel right aiming with my mouse and keyboard at the same time. I just want to be able to aim independently with my mouse and do everything else on the keyboard.

I guess it's not that hard after you get used to it, but the fact that it isn't intuitive I think is a barrier to most players.
  14. Alarox

Using yaw on a keyboard has no downside. Using roll on a keyboard does because you can't control intensity, you can only tap it at a set acceleration. Yaw has very slight effect on trajectory and works perfectly fine with keys since intensity isn't an issue.

Also, do you guys really only try to aim with yaw and pitch and no roll? That sounds horribly inaccurate.

-------------

As for new players, you can teach them to fly the hard yet effective way, or the easier yet handicapped way. Not being able to control things like pitch/roll with precision is nothing short of a handicap.
  15. Alarox

It's really not that hard after you get used to it. The thing is, the aircraft in this game give the pilot a huge amount of control over movement. By extension, this means it's going to be a lot harder, but with more reward. Using roll on a keyboard is easier, but gives you way less control over the aircraft.

It won't do you any good. If you use that setup you'll always be at a disadvantage (no roll on mouse).

On precision movements, you want a precision instrument (mouse).