To those who said the Scattmax was OP

Discussion in 'MAX' started by LanceHavenbay, Apr 8, 2013.

1. LanceHavenbay

I personally think that default VS MAX weapons should do light damage to armored vehicles as a tradeoff for how bad they are in comparison to the other two. o_O
  2. LanceHavenbay

I personally don't use MAXs inside of biolabs, I use them in small outposts. LA for bio.
  3. warmachine1

LA with shotgun can be far more effective than big slow scatmax & can get to places where scatmax can't!
  4. Antich

That is wrong because a higher population of your enemies, while it could give more score/hour if everyone died the same amount of times it also decreases your survivability(more weapons => more dmg => more incoming dmg directed at the lower pop faction). In the end, when someone gets zerged they loose the ability to score as much kills as they would do in equal numbers
    • Up x 2
  5. Laurentiuss

Again one of this posts "I want to kill everything in 1 versus 1 combat, cuz I'm the saviour of the universe." Why you attack a slow moving and hard hitting MAX with your fast moving soldier face to face???? Some tactics, some teamplay? Yeah, the tactic to attack a MAX from behind is too complicated, I want my certs now shooting from a lower position with a bit of strafing... OMG
  6. llPendragon

I agree that there are variables un-accounted for in the exact values of these stats. I'm willing to leave that up to the professionals.
    I'm only using these as general comparisons, like "more", "a lot more", "about equal" etc.

With that in mind, I think it's safe to say that the NC MAX is "a lot more" efficient at earning EXP than an NC Vanguard or Reaver.
  7. WycliffSlim

I wasn't talking about damage. We were discussing the reload speed of a MAX vs. a HA dumbfire rocket to answer whether a HA could get of both his feasibly get off both his rockets within the reload time of the NC MAX.

I think at that range it probably would have required 2 dual shots... maybe 3. Either way, at that range the TTK with the NC MAX would probably have been about the same. Farther than that and TR/VS MAX starts to get the advantage.
  8. WycliffSlim

Yeah... the problem is that really any TR/NC MAX weapons are pretty effective against infantry. They're more of sidegrades than anything else. Whereas with VS if you've got an AI MAX and you're not running dual Cosmos you may as well not even pull it other than to act like a bullet sponge for a little while and maybe draw attention from the VS MAX's that can actually do damage. :p
    • Up x 1
  9. hostilechild

I want to see a video of an NC max versus TR HA at 20m(nan5+resist shield) and at 30m.
    In both these cases an NC infantry will lose to a TR max, but pretty sure since nerf the NC max will lose to the TR HA.
    Deci+rifle > deci+deci but could do both ways.

In the video above if the TR max was at top of steps and NC max stood at the door and they fired on each other the TR max would win. NC max would have to charge up kill TR max and die, wait for rez.

Nerf to damage was fine, nerf to range not so good it was already poor.
    • Up x 1
  10. LanceHavenbay

Totally agreed. Vs seems to look cooler than in functions, at least when I play it. xD Though I am in love with your Scythe and your Lancer. xD
  11. LanceHavenbay

I can try to vid that for you when I get a chance. :)
  12. WycliffSlim

I don't know what server you play on, but I'd willing to help you out and act as a test-dummy for some videos. Information on when you can and can't reliably kill something is pretty invaluable.

They might... the problem is that that only applies if the NC MAX is just standing there shooting at you. Max charge is incredibly powerful, especially for the NC where their greatest strength is being in your face. VS/TR MAX's are actually a little better with some distance since their TTK doesn't really get reduced until mid-range and it makes it slightly easier for them to avoid rocket spam and just damage in general.
  13. Antich

MAX charge is very powerful when you use it to escape from a fight, when you use it to get into one it almost always gets you killed ... outside medic support ... or engineer ...
  14. PaperPlanes

A single infantry being slaughtered by a MAX with anti-infantry weapons. Color me surprised.

The reason your MAX is OP is because it can kill TR/VS MAXes in the blink of an eye. It's still capable of this, the "nerfs" barely touched the problem. Any MAX with AI weapons is supposed to be able to slaughter infantry, but those weapons are greatly imbalanced when an NC MAX fights a TR/VS MAX. The NC MAX will win every encounter at 10 meters or less...yet when you start to get beyond these ranges, the TR/VS MAX still won't kill the NC MAX in a real fight, because the TTK is so high and there is nothing to stop the NC MAX from just hitting Charge and running away. Try to hit Charge and flee from a close range NC MAX and you'll die before you get half a foot away.

This is the problem. NC MAX completely dominates other MAXes in close range, but at the range where TR/VS might have a bit of an advantage, the NC MAX has ample time to just run and avoid the death entirely.
  15. warmachine1

Same as with infantry - carabine vs shotgun, just with maxes.
    This cant be solved by any nerf, its simply other weapon category that cant be ballanced to each other.
  16. RachelGomez

That's cause the NC is filled with massive numbers of noobs and dummies. Look at those same stats, NC massively outnumbers us and still manage to be terrible. If the Vanu or TR players had scat maxes, the precision accurate weapons NC has, Vanguards, or camera guided missiles, they would completely dominate the map uncontested.
  17. WycliffSlim

Sure, if you charge into a group of 10 guys... but if it's only 3 or 4 you can easily close and wipe them all out before they do too much damage.
  18. Antich

BS, if you charge into 3-4 you will be dead before all of them are.
  19. Xasapis

That has to do with the consistently higher population of NC worldwide. When the predators are too numerous and the sheep are less, then they'll run into the issue of not finding enough things to kill. On the other hand, a lower populated faction will have an extremely target rich environment.
    • Up x 1
  20. Kaon1311

In the clip/video you got off 7 shots against the TR max, 7 more than you would of got versus an NC max :p