Mattherson Indar Defense - 4/9/13

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metallideth

Was a great fight, and an epic hold by TR. Thanks NC & VS!! Now which empire backstabbed the other first?
  2. br4k3r

You're just jealous. Why not get it over with and join us.
  3. FailasaurusRex

Four solid hours of non-stop hard nosed ps2.( joined ops late )
    Thank you to The Enclave, without you guys id have been done with this game months ago.
    Also thanks to those few TR who decided to actually step up in the republics time of need.

Such a great night of planetside 2.
  4. TriggrHPY

TE has officially beaten Planetside.
    • Up x 4
  5. Zynex

VS/NC would do the same thing, and you know it.
    • Up x 5
  6. Beltway

How did you do that exactly?
  7. Malachar

Just need to clear something up for the delusional TR.

They did not "break out"

They had a rather covnenient continent reset.

Now, I ain't saying they ain't skilled. But that was a rather important detail to leave out.
    Just sayin.
  8. Holomang

Mattherson TR has been the lowest population faction for a while now, however after this pathetic display by VS and NC I expect we'll be the recipients of the next wave of the 4th empire bads.

9. MrUnimport

"New Sovereignty"

Get it straight, it's "Vanu Cong".
    • Up x 1
  10. MattGL

I watched this unfold on stream tonight. It was pathetic, what the NC and VS tried to do tonight, and even more shameful that they failed.
    • Up x 2
  11. optiixs

Exactly what the loser says about the winners prize
  12. McFatal

This is undoubtedly the greatest player-coordinated battle that has happened in Planetside 2 ever. Beta doesn't even compare to what happened tonight.

The VS and NC had some outfits literally get together and work together. You would see in yell chat constantly the VS yelling to hold fire against NC and the NC yelling to hold against the VS. We made a bee-line for Scarred Mesa Skydock and when the NC and VS caught up with us, there were literally NC and VS sunderers sitting side by side, and VS and NC jumping on the pad up side by side charging at us TR.

Their goal was to relieve us of our continent buff that we secured the day before, and the VS and NC joined forces solely to remove the lock from us. There was tons of trash talk, tons of shooting, smoke explosions and debris. But in the end, the TR were the ones who emerged from the smoke and madness. We spent over an hour at the skydock defending against constant waves infantry, liberators, galaxy drops, drop pods, the whole nine yards. It was just Enclave, every outfit was there. Enclave, AOD, 903, and a couple others. It was such a combined effort to defend our continent buff, and we succeeded. We bunkered down and gave them hell and finally we pushed out in a coordinated effort to take out the NC first, and finally the VS.

To top it all off, there was an alert on Amerish for most of this event and the TR won that too during the defense from joint forces of the VS and NC alliance.

Mattherson TR #1
    • Up x 1
  13. ChaosRender

No, don't remember the VS bragging on the forums when they held off the NC and TR combined forces try ing to remove their lock on Indar.
  14. Ruwyn

cause they never had an indar lock
  15. KrazeyHorse

I really hope SOE got some solid PR footage from tonight. Relaunch the game with lattice.
  16. ChaosRender

Grats you kept indar, and grats you got indar. I really don't care about indar would rather fight for Alerts.
  17. Vetto

I Posted this in another thread but it fits for this one to...

To my entire fellow TR I want to give a good pat on the back!

We had a rough past few weeks, things looked bad, and the TR as a whole suffered, but tonight we reminded both the NC and the VS we can put are difference aside and let grudges go to hold the line!

You may see VS and NC try and hollow are victory tonight that we “Only had 1 hex” or that we should have been “pushing other territories” but the fact is, that one hex stopped both side from taking are cap of Indar, that one hex became a full body will of the TR. And even as are enemies stopped pointing their guns at one another and instead purely focused on us we held that line! Even as they filled the skies with Liberator we held that line! Even as their tanks scorched the earth we fought on we held that line! And even as the skies rained with their infantry WE HELD THAT LINE!

And never let ether the NC or VS forget that even thou it was only 1 hex! Just one small little hex! The TR came together even as the enemies outnumbered us we fought, and even as enemies allied to fight us WE HELD THAT LINE!

Loyalty until Death! Strength in Unity! FOR THE TERRAN REPUBLIC!
    • Up x 1
  18. Jader!

GLORIOUS VICTORY FOR GLORIOUS TERRAN REPUBLIC.

The shock troopers of the Glorious Republic, us, the Enclave, fought back against an impressive (but ultimately futile) allaince of the two traitor "Empires," achieve victory after glorious victory--outnumbered and out gunned.

Victory was, is, and always will be our tradition.
  19. Gadamlu

this was an excellent fight, good job on all accounts.

the temporary alliance we had with the NC was an interesting thing, and it made me smile to fight alongside them. it has got me wondering...what would happen if there was an actual alliance mechanic put into the game? that would certainly be interesting.

but a Pox upon the Devs! if you haddent 'ave done the region reboot we could have taken the TR down at Valley storage Yard!
    but alas...the Enclave was able to rush east all the way to Mesa Skydock just after the reboot, and hold it for a good 2 hours it seemed like (hell, they still have the bloody territory).

but still, an excellent stand by the nearly one hundred troops upon the Mesa
  20. ChaosRender

VS held the last lock on Indar
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.