VAST - Vanu Advanced Science & Tactics

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by NytDragon, Feb 8, 2013.

1. RachelGomez

Exactly. A woman having to "just deal with" "boys being boys" in gaming groups, in any game, is pretty much accepted. VAST doesn't have this problem. Everyone respects everyone, and it's a breath of fresh air.
  2. RachelGomez

You really need to learn to use mouse and keyboard. It may be a tough transition but if you use the xbox controller, you are going to get stomped.

Badly.

The levels of responsiveness between the two controller types is night and day. A controller simply cannot keep up with a mouse and keyboard, period.
  3. Sumguy720

This is what VAST does on weekends.

4. Engineermedic

thanks for the tip when i get the game i will be glad to fight side by side with other vs people. but if u can can u train me how to play. this will be my first first person shooter game for pc
  5. RachelGomez

I don't know what I could teach you beyond the basics. A lot of it is going to come down to you acclimating to the controls. That said, VAST also hosts several training sessions a week, including ones to help people better organize and understand infantry strategy.
  6. Engineermedic

How long will these training session be going on for? I can't do them during the week and i might have to wait till the summer vacation. ( im a sophmore ). or till i get good grades or if my parents will let me play. and by training i mean i want to know how
    to switch weapons like primary to secondary to turret ( i will only be engineer and medic ) to ammo box to repair/heal gun
  7. Engineermedic

and how to drive a sunderer, galaxy, and the thing that looks like a cylon fighter from the battle star glatica series. ( the more advanced ships )
  8. RachelGomez

Roll your mouse wheel, or hit the number key that corresponds to the item.

We don't foresee ending training sessions any time in the near future, but you need to be approved and join before attending the majority of them.
  9. Engineermedic

I thank you very much. now when i get the game i shall know what to do. i know how to move my guy and fire my weapon. I will see you on the battlefield my friend. i will be in an ammo sunderer at all times for ground assault. and galaxy to transport
  10. RANDOMpercentage

Ground vehicle controls are intuitive if your used to character controls, but air vehicles are pretty different. Just make sure you go into your options and look over all the keys for everything. And remember, if you want to join VAST choose Vanu Sovereignty on the Helios server.
  11. Engineermedic

Again thanks for the tips. i will probably get the game this weekend.
  12. Engineermedic

Can't wait to join the vs. i will see guys on the battlefield when i start and until the go get those TRs and NCs for me. See you guys later.
  13. NytDragon

14. Engineermedic

How...? What...? How many VS allies did u have NytDragon?
  15. YoXn

VAST experiments have created the perfect killing machine... YoXn
  16. Engineermedic

Are you the machine or is it something else?
  17. Technologist

VAST you might not post your video's online. Your one repeatable weakness is exposing your tactics to the general public. I watch them and EXE's video's and outflank you guys and kill you 10-20 at a time just for fun. When I spot on VAST I track his path to the source. Flank the group and have fun killing you guys 1-3 at a time.

Many times I sit under or next to your sundy and don't even kill it. Just kill the guys coming out with infiltrator and mines at point blank range. If I think you might take a base then I kill the sundy but it sure is fun up until that time. We regularly call in small squads to hit you from 3 sides. Too much fun. When you wonder why those long shots are dropping all your teammates without knowing why, now you know why.

BTW: I use 100 and 200 meter radar on my vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  18. NytDragon

Whatever we can do to help you guys challenge us more. If you require more of our videos, keep watching! FYI, we don't record everything and in the scope of our ops... whatever you're doing hasn't been very effective at stopping our progression. But, proceed training us to be more alert., thanks!
    • Up x 1
  19. Engineermedic

Hey NytDragon. was it just one platoon that took over indar or every platoon of the VS that took over?
  20. Engineermedic

Got the game :)