BRIGGS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by F1na1, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Dingus148

Hey, watch your tongue. There's no quit in a TR soldier :p

On topic, it does suck and these new alerts make it worse. What is the solution? Who knows. All other TR players, stick with it. You're some of the best guys I've ever played with, and we punch harder than we have any right to. Keep up the solid work lads. (And ladies. The TR is an equal opportunity workforce.) Our day will come.
  2. FreelancePanic

To protect my in-game identity, I will only say I was given the opportunity to lead two squads across Amerish during the beginning of the alert tonight. I really don't see how the two parts to your argument fit together. I made orders based on trying to contain the NC and reduce territory loss, which resulted in fights which were one sided due to sheer numbers.

Also, if you care not for map control, please don't lead a squad. For the sake of Briggs VS.
  3. Zan_Aus

Normally I would agree with your statement but recently it has been unbelievable. It never used to be this bad, people on an individual level used to know sorta what to do. At the moment, just stand back and watch what individual players are doing.

I'm not talking about greater strategy across the map, I'm just talking basic game knowledge of when to change to what class to accomplish X task. People just refuse to swap and push out. They just sit on their favourite class and snipe.
  4. Sen7ryGun84

Good to see some threads going up about exactly how f*cked it is playing as TR on Briggs. Hopefully it gets some attention anyway. We aren't the only badly balanced server, this is a game wide issue that affects quite a few servers.

This isn't an issue of nerfs and buffs or whats overpowered. Its exp mechanics and how rewarding it is to play for an under populated faction. The exp bonus you get for playing a character thats constantly fighting 10:1 emeny forces is total bullsh*t, it doesn't even come close to being a fair balance against how easy it is to farm kill and exp when playing on a faction that holds 40%+ server population for 23 hours of the day.

SOE have made things even worse by adding this Alert event which is basically a reward given to the highest pop faction. The game is actually getting easier and easier for the highest pop team as time goes by. They don't just have weight of numbers now, they have regular exp handouts that will increase the combat capabilities of an already stacked team on the field while disadvantaging the others.

There is absolutely zero incentive for new players to join the team with lowest server population, the kill farming alone beats the low pop exp boost well before taking the alert event into account. You gain literally 10 to 20 times as much experience for joining the largest team as you will get by under population exp boosts.

Can someone do some maths for me and let me know what a 9% exp boost will return on a 100 point kill? Oh wait its ok I found my calculator... 9 points. Compare that to the 10,000 exp the largest faction on the server gets handed out every 4 hours... its not even a f*cking drop in the bucket. I know I put in a hard effort in frontline combat but I'm sure as hell not making 1110 kills every 4 hours. Are you?
    • Up x 1
  5. Dingus148

Hey! I'm trying okay! I'm still trying to avoid Munter!
  6. HadesR

I know there is an overall population problem With number's and balance which needs to be addressed .. ..

But Imo I think some of the issue is how those number's are represented as a % ..
    How many People that don't visit the forums know that regardless of what the % reads NC can only have 660 ish on a cont ?
    Looking at the graph they might think " **** me they have thousand's " .. Causing indifference and loss of effort or even purpose ..

Maybe they should change the percentage to an actual number or add a second smaller bar beside the 1st that show's what percentage of a faction allocation each has ..

( Ignore the lack of Paint skills :p )

[IMG]

With the brighter coloured bar's being a more accurate indication of the actual number of each faction
    • Up x 1
  7. F1na1

Been TR from the get go, only toon i have,
    • Up x 1
  8. Rasp

You lost me there.
  9. MykeMichail

Half my platoon thought the exact same thing.
    • Up x 1
  10. MykeMichail

Lets be honest here. How many TR and VS were on Indar during the Alert?

A few times now, TR and VS have been on Indar trying to cap it whilst alerts have been on other continents. One night, VS got all the way to NC warpgate and very close to TR warpgate during the event.

They don't even give themselves a fighting chance during the event.

People complain about not getting enough XP bonus for being underpopulated, yet they're not even willing to redeploy and participate in the Alert for a whopping 20% XP bonus just for showing up?

Several times now, the Alert continent has been capped out at 33/33/33 or very close to it.
  11. ACE McFACE

What I did was fight on Indar, it was a little more balanced.
  12. Pac1

660 pop limit per continent doesn't mean much on Briggs since typically total population for each faction is below the limit. Just check the population graphs, during past 24 hours only NC went over the limit and that was 1 hour only: http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=25&timezone=10&allfactions=false

The situation is worst on Briggs because on high population servers the continent pop limit kicks in during the prime time, on Briggs you are outnumbered all the time.
  13. SgtBreastroker

Assuming other factions are even that would make both at 28%. I see nothing wrong. This usually happens near prime time. All the casuals play in NC. In other continents it isn't uncommon to see some factions soaring as high as 70%.
  14. Pac1

During past 24 hours only NC broke continent pop limit and that was only during one hour: http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=25&timezone=10&allfactions=false

Maybe VS & TR are not that interested on alerts even with extra XP when they are severely outnumbered.
  15. Veri

I have seen this start to happen a month ago.
    -A handful of foot soldiers with over half of the zerg up in esf too scared to get out of their esf and get killed while holding a point.
    -Lots of infantry on the ground camping at spawn points with maybe one on capture point only to have near all of them on it at less then halfway captured.
    -We have two capture points with no one on them while the defending faction has one capture point and two people on it, for over ten minutes, slowly retaking back the base because people are too scared to hold a cap point and are too concerned about not getting kills.
  16. ST4LK3R

Stop rolling with random pugs. I saw a VS Engy trying to repair an compromised genny with engy tool at Tarwich when I was playing my TR alt. Shoot him and I thought he's like BR1-2...nope BR20+. It's prbly he's been at the Crown for to long that he doesn't know what's a genny or doesnt even know whats a genny to start with.

Haven't play much since the double exp weekends. All I heard at the Crown when Alerts came up was, "Screw XX. We'll hold the Crown." or "Screw XX. We'll take the Crown when they leave.". I think they should buff the exp we gain for winning the alerts to attract the people from the Crown. Tbh I don't mind the current exp as along as there's a good fight. Kinda sick of /suicide to go back to warpgate, transferring to alert continent and seeing NC pop goes +over 40-50%.

TL : DR

- the enemy of my enemy and my team are under populated and pbly bad because too many pugs spend too much their time at the time for lolcerts.
    - :eek: removing the Crown or buffing the exp for winning events might bring pugs to alert continents.
    - Thank you, TR MAXs for not teabagging after killing me.
    - the effing servers are down when I finally have the time to play.
  17. Caladin

Don't worry, all is fine. SOE, in their infinite wisdom, decided that they had had enough of the NC zerg and as such decided to increase our ability to counter it by giving the VS and the TR perfect map coverage. I've heard they have more plans along those lines in the pipe :)
  18. LameFox

No, they're not going to show up and get massacred for 20% xp, because it's worse gain overall than clustering together in a well-known place where you can guarantee allies showing up and are able to fight a much larger force... like the crown. I have the 50% membership bonus as well as the pop bonus and whatever the area % bonus gets up to, and I still wouldn't take futile attacks against vastly superior numbers over playing elsewhere, even if the +50% was dropped on Indar. I'd be sceptical of it catching up even then, and so what if it did? The gameplay would still be awful, certs or not.

The fact that transplanting the entire TR at once might work is meaningless: it's a completely unrealistic expectation that solves nothing. No faction does this: not TR, not VS, not NC. People move across as individuals or as outfits, not as an entire faction. If they're arriving and finding their being there is hopeless, they bleed right out again. When you have a significantly lower population, it would take a greater flow of players relative to your faction's size in order to keep momentum in your favour, and a greater percentage of your online players would need to show up overall in order to meet the cap. You will very rarely and inconsistently get such extremely different behaviour from a bunch of people who only differ from the rest of the players in that they happened to choose TR out of a whole three factions. It's not exactly a definitive personality test.
  19. randalthorr

Nice try fellas. Its always a balanced population on the continent the alert is on. You very conveniently make a screenshot during the last 20 minutes when most of you nancies pull out because you cannot win, and then show the population imbalance.

We NC did not hav the option to re-roll on the same server back when we used to suck balls and had the crap warpgate. You guys just went 'lolre-roll'.

LIBERTY OR DEATH.
  20. Slyguy65

Waterson has same issue at night