Why Your Faction Lose The Alert Event.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Greddy, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Greddy

The reason why your faction lose is:

Your faction need platoons to lock down 3 guys in a spawnroom (while waiting for cap XP), while the other enemy platoons have moved on and are capturing all other bases.

True story
    • Up x 5
  2. SgtBreastroker

Whichever platoon I'm playing with decide to cap one final base and defend that base for the last 15 minutes. It happened to VS on an Indar alert. We had over 65% of Indar and the platoons all decided to defend Vanu Archives in the final 5 minutes. In those 5 minutes the TR and NC started capping around us and we ended up drawing with TR at 38%.
  3. KAHR-Alpha

Side effect of the capture XP. If it didn't exist leaving only one squad to defend would be more acceptable, but you can't tell the grunts to give up on the capture XP, especially when not all of them had the opportunity to kill something.
  4. FA18

What generally happens (from what I've observed on Mattherson) the faction that makes the best push in the last 30 minutes of the game gets enough territory to win before their attack fizzles out. The faction that pushes the hardest in the first minutes of an alert don't win most of the time.
  5. Regpuppy

No no... people do the master strat of loading up six people in each galaxy and spreading them out to every reachable territory within the last 20-25 minutes. Even if some fail, they've spread out so much that the only way to combat it is to do the same. But boy, does it sure make it difficult if both other factions happen to favor your territories when that rush starts.

in short, the last 20 minutes is a ghost cap rush. It really does illustrate the issues with the whole capping and influence system we currently have.
  6. XParagonX

INDEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

100 people spawn camping 3 and just to sit there and get 200 exp, you could of killed a guy and made that cap exp.

wish they would take exp away from base capping
    I really hate, seeing 2 platoons of people sitting at a base, waiting for some super crappy exp.
    How do i get certs fast? don't wait around for caps like lemmings..

Cap exp is a joke for most places, and not even worth waiting around for it. Can't wait till people realize this fact.
  7. Brusilov [TR]

Those 6 on 6 battles against other ghost capper squads, spread around the cont... Are some of the hardest fought, and exciting fights ever!

I am really loving the alerts! Such a simple concept as a timer has given such meaning to the game. That said, I'm hoping alerts don't have much depth to them and I'm hoping that they are just a place-holder for a more advanced mission system and the resources revamp :)
  8. MaxDamage

I say it's communication. Good leaders, and outfits not utilising the masses of people in smaller lesser outfits/squads and solo heroes, who may sit still and defend a previously heavily fought over base rather than move on in appropriate time, not knowing where to best help.
  9. Bill Hicks

This needs to be taught to the NC. The idiotic outfits will send everything they have to cap a small base.
  10. HazyW

If you play late on helios, its because NC literally have 60% of the server population.
  11. Hibiki54

Don't forget logging onto your char on another faction and listening on command chat.