Congratulations VS Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RF404, Apr 5, 2013.

1. desktop

the bases are about 5km away from each other. At spec ops I saw nc and vs running up the same hill hand in hand. I think having both factions attacking the last base is much more of an advantage for the defenders dispite it being 2v1. the one faction is always going to end up back hacking the other for some easy certs. but you know how it is NC gonna hamburger.
  2. Xasapis

Didn't you know? We're the ones writing those infamous NC paychecks and they are the ones providing us with batteries.

Besides ... blue and purple makes Indigo ... another awesome combination
    [IMG]
  3. Flag

About the SpecOps debacle, it didn't really matter that we "cooperated". The lag was so bad, noting could really be done. And even if only one faction had done the assault(which was for some time), having 500~ TR there would seal the deal regardless. As long as they(you) just rushed the point with hundreds of bodies the base would in practice never fall.
  4. Shinrah

And just to those "VS & NC are allied" dudes, yesterday 8PS or-something, and another TR outfit attacked Howling Pass together, and in this case it wasn´t some coincidence they had their sundies deployed next to each other and were attacking VS only. As far as I could tell it were only two outfits, but it was hard to tell them apart later, what with all the bodypards strewn over the place...
    Anyway, our heroic aircav bravely defended the pass by turning the whole place into an ash pile!

Aside from that, there will never be any "Alliance" between two Empires in PS, in cases like Indar the one Empire holding the lock will obviously be the main target for both Empires, and that has nothing to do with an Alliance or crap, it´s just the logic choice. This game has way too many players and not enough leadership authority to "force" an Alliance, even if only temporarily. There will always be those who do not care and start shooting their supposed allies, who in turn will then shoot back and start the all out war again. An Alliance can only really happen on super low pop servers where one Empire completely outnumbers the other to, and even then it´s more that the bigger Empire faces a war on 2 fronts, and not so much a joined attack in the same place by the other two Empires.
    • Up x 1
  5. sigur

Cmon guys, cut all this "omg alliances are bad! u baddies!" crap. Everybody wasted contless night during university years playing Risk, we all know how things work.

EDIT: and, i may add, every game that puts 3 faction on the battlefield does it for balance sake, i'm thinking about DAOC and GW2 here
  6. Doogle

Will probably stay purple untill/if people get bored of alerts. Actually forgot how easy it is to bomb with a liberator on amerish.
  7. desktop

nc came real close to taking spec ops, it was hell on araxium. I agree lag played a role in prioritising targets. they wouldn't of been running up the hill together if everyone had a 30ms ping. that's for sure.
  8. Flag

True that. And I can personally attest that far from every NC held their fire when they saw the purple pantaloons. :)
    It also have to be said that overall the SpecOps thing was very far from fun.
    Me and my outfit stuck with it for some time to try and break the lock, but I don't think we'll do it ever again.
    In hindsight it really wasn't worth it either.

Edit:
    Well that's mountains for you. :p Don't have many of those on Indar. :D
  9. Joram

The TR dont know how it was the battle at Spec Ops, you just saw people attacking you, nothing about 20 NC on a rift killing any VS vehicle trying to get to the base, reavers attacking scythes etc
  10. Dictatorfish

That dark red blob right in the middle makes me want to cry. =[

EDIT:
    If they (SOE) aren't bringing in the lane system any time soon, I'd really like hexes to be more heavily affected by influence:
    A hex will naturally, slowly flip towards the faction with the most influence on the hex.
    The more influence on the hex a faction has on an undefended hex, the more quickly the hex will naturally flip.
    Defenders sitting on capture points can slow or reverse the natural, influence-based flip.
    If a hex is completely surrounded, then having every capture point being completely saturated by defenders (i.e. a full 6/6 on every point) will equal out the natural, influence-based flip, but it won't reverse it. It will just remain perfectly in balance.
    If there is less than a full 6/6 on the capture points of a surrounded hex, then the surrounded hex will very slowly flip towards the attackers.
  11. RIDEBIRD

What people don't know is that the only reason we still have it is because we have employed hundreds of agents that have sabotaged the TR's alarmclocks and coffeemakers, making it impossible for them to take Indar.
    • Up x 3
  12. desktop

dispite the lag I found it fun, it was chaos and carnage fit for a double xp weekend. besides it was a ground breaking event, people in charlie squad for the nc didn't get teamkilled because nc weren't shooting purple.
  13. Flag

Well I doubt it's going to happen again anytime soon. :p
  14. drNovikov

Check out Waterson stats.
  15. Yawnn

Sup.

Nah, I'm not a kid.

And besides, TR on Miller is taking care of their politics fine by themselves. Pat each other on the back, talk **** about each other 10 mins later when nobody hears you.

All in all, Miller is the fkin place to be if you are looking for political correctness.

Everyone is so scared on stepping on each others toes that they all rather bend over.
  16. Flag

Well, it -is- one of the more, shall we say, diplomatic TR posts in this thread. :D
  17. TintaBux

Does seem a bit like that, but there is one or two outfits that just go for it, do the job and have fun, sure joke about the politics but they just get on with fight regardless of who against and regardless if they doing it away from the other outfits that are stuck in the politics.
  18. Yawnn

And they're most likley outfits that doesn't have any impact.

And u think I'm joking about the politics? I'm dead fkin serious, Miller turned into a geo political simulator. If I wanted that **** I'd still be playing EVE, why you think I'm soloing?
  19. TintaBux

One of those outfits is top 3 biggest on Miller (always massive impact, they do solo stuff and get their job done 90% of time) But theres allot of politics on Miller me knows, sometimes a bit to much of it.
  20. Yawnn

Well, I'm just hoping Kewl Kracker Krew gets their ***** over on Miller. If you think I'm an ***, well, Millers in for a treat.