Dwindling TR Members

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GamerGawd, Apr 6, 2013.

1. BeefySleet

lmao
  2. Littleman

It's the only explanation I got for why the TR drones seem to just walk into someone's Gauss SAW stream.
  3. xVoidreaperx

Having a hissyfight with AOD and initiating mass teamkilling and getting banned for it* There, a better explanation
    • Up x 1
  4. Tekuila

Path of least resistance.
  5. MrMagicGuns

Wait until the next warpgate rotation. I guarantee TR numbers will increase. Then we can crush any silly ideas of "freedom"
  6. ScrapyardBob

That's why:

- Warp gates need to rotate every 2 weeks or so (maybe even weekly)

- Warp gate rotation needs to be completely random. Not this rotate clockwise / counterclockwise approach. There are six possible configurations of warp gates, they should roll a 6-sided die each week for each continent and use that for the warp gates. You'd have a 33% chance of not moving that week on each continent.
  7. McFatal

It may seem that way on the surface, but it's all really a big misunderstanding. It seems you only saw one side of the story, and that's unfortunate.

@OP, Buzz will be leading ops again starting Monday and Mattherson TR should look more attractive again.
  8. Fligsnurt

That isn't a bad idea, I'd like to see it tested out w/e we get this test server available :rolleyes:
  9. Alarox

TR are far from underpowered in any aspect.
  10. Alarox

Infantry weapons:

VS: Easy
    TR: Medium
    NC: Hard

What constitutes difficulty? The harder a weapon is to control, the harder it is to use. The more precision you need with a weapon, the more skill you need to use, because the less you can rely on tactics like spraying (even in bursts). Spraying is relying on RNG while using precision requires skillful aiming.

NC weapons have the highest recoil. This is a fact.
    TR weapons have the middle ground for recoil. (a bit subjective)
    VS weapons have the least amount of recoil. (a bit subjective)

Judging by these alone, you could deduce that NC is hardest, TR is medium, VS is easy.

Now we get into precision. How much precision you need is proportional to how important each shot is. Meaning, weapons with slower fire rate and higher damage will require more precision, because missing one shot has a larger influence on your overall TTK. Gauss what? NC weapons have slower fire rates with higher damage.

So, do I win this argument? Or is someone going to tell me that lower recoil is harder to deal with? Being able to burst fire instead of aiming each shot isn't easier?
  11. Herby20

I picked the TR solely because I didn't want a character in spandex suits and the NC music was terrible. I couldn't have cared less about the core concepts of each faction.
  12. Farlion

LOL!

Vanu weapons easy, NC weapons hard?
    Have you ever even tried them in combat situations?
  13. Wharmaster

I don't think it's that people don't like TR or VS. I think they just don't like fighting against an endless horde of blue and yellow teenagers with shotguns and TV missiles.

LOL....I say crap like this, and wonder why I get TKed....
  14. Cl1mh4224rd

That's not something you test on a Test Server. It requires a "natural" population, which is something you don't get on a test server that will likely only be online for limited times.
    • Up x 1
  15. Fligsnurt

but you actually can test it on the test server as say, doing a 2 week test on a new patch, so say every day they do a shuffle of the warpgates to see how it can play into the tests and see if it would be viable past the test server.
    Of course suspecting that the test server would be avail 24/7 for a period of a week or two to allow players from all over the world to do in-depth testing at any time looking for many bugs and not just looking at the changes.

The only thing you couldn't test on the test server about it reliably is how the changing warpgates effects population.
  16. Farlion

Speaking of dwindling TR members, the last weekend TR had the absolute lowest population ever on Woodman. We were outnumbered by the Vanu for heavens sake.

So yes, it seems people do leave TR.
  17. Alarox

Yes. But now I have a question for you. Do you know anything about these weapons?
  18. Farlion

Yes. My freshly created NC character who had nothing but starter weapons without attachments went on a killing spree that I've never seen on my fully equipped TR.

Vanu weapons are easy to aim with, that is all that is easy about them.
    I could faceroll NC weapons and still get a decent K/D ratio.
  19. Liquid23

meh on Watersone the TR has had 2 continents last conquered for a while now and whenever I get on we have a nice strong presence on all 3 continents and win tons of alerts... the NC has had a higher pop as of late but lets be honest they need it not to get crushed under our glorious boots
  20. Slaidd

I cannot and will not play TR simply because I refuse to be a tool for their totalitarian regime. That and the fact that the entire TR philosophy reminds me FAR too much of our current Ministry of Redistribution we have going on right now in the US. This all means that I pretty much hate the TR with every fiber in my being.