What's your most 'unlucky' moment in Planetside 2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinerAthin, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Fink_NC

(Not sure if this was directed at me)
    Yeah... but I was trying to get out of my plane mid flight on purpose.
  2. Lucidius134

Being drawn in by this game out of other interesting games.
  3. Zinus

I'm driving my flash.

They see me rollin
    they drop a giant lib debris ontop of me and i die
    :S
  4. Vertabrae

Couple of months ago I was running along a ridge on Indar, when someone on a flash came racing up the hill and ran into me. Didn't kill me, didn't even hurt me. Instead it acted like I was on a jump pad. Went flying thru the air, for one heck of a long time. Thru my shields on right before I landed and lived. I was all pumped up, whoo yeah I survived, that was epic!!!!!!

Till I turned around and found myself looking down the bore of the main gun on a Magrider. Guy must have been waiting for me to turn. Talk about having something delivered on a silver platter.
    • Up x 1
  5. RedPsycho

Playing Light Assault one night and I'm Jump Jetting around a Watch Tower when out of no where mid air I'm dropped like a brick. The kill screen pops up and I was killed by a friendly Infiltrator with a headshot. Killed a 12 kill streak I was on. I sent him a whisper asking if he was aiming at me and he said he was aiming at a infiltrator who just cloaked that I didn't know was there and took the shot when my head came into his sight. Despite getting a nice streak killed I sent him a damn nice shot anyways.
    • Up x 1
  6. Eclipson

Running out of cloak right in the middle of 3 NC maxes. :p
  7. P4NJ

Crashing 1 minute before the end of an alert and missing out on 3500 xp...
  8. Being@RT

I told this story in a 'luckiest moment' thread. No guarantees I still remember it the same way :p

See enemy tanks on road, move up with my HA and AV lock-on launcher. Turns out there's a sunderer, so I switch targets. I've got some distance, haven't been spotted, and am flanking so I think "allright, I just might get a kill out of this".. Start firing rockets.. eventually it catches fire and I've got 1 rocket left. Lock completes!
    And that's the moment an enemy lightning decides to drive forward with a sliver of health left. Friendlies in front of the sundy and the lightning destroy the lightning.

Debris from the wreck gets in the way of my last rocket.

As I'm standing there out of rockets, I see engineers finally starting to rep the burning Sunderer. Then I see infantry coming to get me and I die shortly after. I never got assist exp for the sundy nor the lightning.
  9. PLooschacK

This one is not that uncommon - even SOE advertised article about Snipers in which author recomended new players to set squads of 3 and focus fire on single enemy :)

My most unlucky moment? Server Briggs, dude called Jefferson-sth from 41. Battalion. He was gunning the Liberator, I was driving the Skyguards. I was dancing like a madman (madtank?) avoiding his shots and landing my own flak fire on his precious flying toy. Eventually he had to back off and his pilot made mistake and hit the rock while performing the dive. Liberator started to spin in all directions, going down to the Impact Site. I tought "He is mine!" but the gunner somehow managed to fire at the right moment. That one single Zephyr's shell flew parallel to the ground with some kind of insane speed and hit me straight into my rear armor, sendig me into oblivion. The worst part? Pilot managed to stabilize his flight, land and repair that Liberator :p
    • Up x 1
  10. Prodigal

Just gave a full Lancer shot to a MAX, he approached me, I was loading up for the finish - Lancerbug :S
  11. Eric Smith

We had Ti Alloys and were moving toward The Crown. I had just logged in, grabbed a Lightning from the Allatum BioLab and driven down to the Ti Alloys bridge. Just as I get to the bridge I see a friendly Sunderer retreating from The Crown, driving forward and straight at me. I slam on the brakes, he doesn't stop. Neither does the Prowler who was driving right up my rear end. Got sandwiched between them and instantly blew up, after which I rage quite for a half-hour.

Another time (and a while back, when TR had the North Warpgate) we were attacking The Crown from the North. An enemy Reaver had gotten a line on the Sunderer just as I spawned at it so I jumpped in a gun to chase him away. Just after I jumpped in the Sunderer the driver jumpped in, undeployed it, and we fell through the terrain to our deaths. End of Crown fight.
  12. Scatterblak

Selecting Vanu when I first signed up.