Changed Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlueyTheWolf, Apr 7, 2013.

1. GamingForFun

i dont know if there is any 4th faction left. planetside 2 is just loosing active characters over last the last couple of weeks. it was already posted in the other thread. its just diffiicult on a few servers cause people "feel" the numbers much more now with less people playing actively and tend to think that all people try to play on nc, but in fact ps2 is "just" loosing players every day.
  2. Pemtaphalon

I'm trying to pull in as many of my YouTube subs as I can (though I play NC so I might not be helping the OP XD)
  3. Dubious

PS1 was quite balanced from the start so people staid with 1 Empire, even when their weapons got nerfed
    PS2 has never been balanced and people jump ship every month
  4. Bl4ckVoid

TR gets the stealth mosquito, the only ESF that cannot be heard beyond 30 meters.

Factions are pretty well balanced now, weapons too. My only complaint right now about PS2 is the low FPS.
    The only other problem I see is this new and stupid reward largest faction thingy, although at least not everyone is fighting on Indar now, so that is a huge improvement.
  5. Bl4ckVoid

TR gets the stealth mosquito, the only ESF that cannot be heard beyond 30 meters.

Factions are pretty well balanced now, weapons too. My only complaint right now about PS2 is the low FPS.
    The only other problem I see is this new and stupid reward largest faction thingy, although at least not everyone is fighting on Indar now, so that is a huge improvement.
  6. Tenji

VS is currently the least played Empire on Miller
  7. TintaBux

8. Xasapis

Are we looking at the same Miller? The one VS float around 26% and NC at 33%?
  9. BlueyTheWolf

Sure lets count fuel crews, land crews, technicians, medics, nurses, engineers, sappers, weilders, pioneers, diggers and logistic company as soldiers.Germany had 7 000 000 soldiers at its peak.Combat ready personal was 20 000 000 well duh field soldiers and support soldiers arent same thing.My nation have 15 million combat ready personel but our army size is 1.5 million.

Also that death toll is totally wrong.I suggest you should check out a better source.Im quite sure it was 39 million Allied soldiers got killed by Wer soldiers.
  10. Zenith

Never played PS1, so cannot comment on that, but PS2 has indeed been a roller coaster of nerfs and buffs. There should be no reason for people to keep switching factions, and the very fact that it keeps happening shows that we have a balance problem.
  11. vulkkan

Latex? Surely you mean spandex. People only wear latex on their... You know...
  12. Otulien

Ballons?
  13. Rhyl

According to spreadsheet data the prowler is still the best performing tank. Just saying.
  14. Phrygen

Unless you deleted that character, you are now fourth faction.
    welcome brother

also, your post was silly, merit-less, illogical, and just overall incorrect.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zenith

They may have less people, but they nearly always have a large amount of territory. It's weird, because while it shows TR as having a high pop, it often feels like we're horribly outnumbered. I wonder if at least a quarter of our faction are camped out at the WG all day, because the reality doesn't seem to match the numbers. :confused:
  16. Rhapsody

quite possibly the truest statement in this entire thread.

Almost all 'new' guns they release end up being nerfed to hell within 2 weeks. Take the original shotguns. they nerfed them after heavy whining when it was the fact that infiltrators could use them that was the problem, not the weapon itself. And if what i heard is correct, they even took away the 1-hit-kill from the pump-action shotty now, which means your better off with one of the semi-auto's instead due to the delay between shots.

All factions and all weapons get nerfed alot, it just depends on who's crying the loudest at the time. If you want to have FUN do this.

1. Find the faction you like the look of, and the story behind.
    2. See if you like the look/feel of the weapons and vehicles for that faction.
    3. Play the game and have fun, and dont worry about stats or nerfs/buffs.

im a die-hard NC from PS1.. but ive played all 3 factions in PS2 because i kept getting frustrated with how the weapons handled during all the tweaking and such. Its even more pronounced for us old PS1 players because we know what the TRUE pro's and con's of each faction are supposed to be. Yet most of those have been taken away from some factions, while others are still handicapped.

But i always returned to NC during those first few months, and im here to stay because:

1. I like the look of the faction and their story.
    2. I like the look/feel of the weapons and vehicles.
    3. I have fun when im not focused on stats.
  17. Dictatorfish

I think there's two reasons for us (TR on Miller) for underperforming despite our population:
    1) We seem to have more derps fighting at the Crown more than the other two and
    2) I feel like we have a tendency to spread ourselves between the three continents than the other two.

I also feel that the VS are able to punch above their weight because they seem to have much more efficient outfits than we do. We have a fair few outfits that rely too much on weight of numbers than I feel is necessary. VS oiginally had DIG and even they've been sorting themselves out.
    • Up x 1
  18. Leopard

That's the same issue with those statistics posted on the first page, while they show a general trend it's only within 6 days/doesn't show the BR of characters(hinting a more certed variant of something will likely do better)/doesn't show situation that people are in (could be camping most of the time and not actually doing anything)/population factor (I would expect a lower populated faction to contribute a lot more kills for any stat. I expect NC to have lowest scores because they generally have highest pop resulting in less targets to kill)

Those were opinions but my point being those statistics don't show a lot of variables that actually go on in battle.
  19. DramaticExit

But dude, you're complaining about balance and how the TR keep getting nerfed. Then you say balance isn't important and having better stuff doesn't make you win.

Make. Your. Mind. Up.

Also, the TR are fine. Seriously. The problem is you.
  20. Nahwel

And this is why NC is overpopulated...