The FLASH atv/4wheeler is CURSED!!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ravenoch, Apr 6, 2013.

1. ravenoch

1. Is there a brake? I really can't tell.

2. I get it, developers, you want me to reverse and then loop the ATV around real cool-like... the problem is, it happens all the time, by itself, when I don't want it to.

3. I have a jet pack. I can regenerate my own health. But if I fall off my 4 wheeler that is the end of me. No cinematic roll with dirt flying everywhere. Just dead. My suit can protect me from a hail of gunfire and explosions but if I fall to the ground going 25 KM/H don't get me started.....

4. If you'll excuse me I'm going to go and flip an ATV right now and see if it immediately explodes in real life. This same machine has an INVISIBILITY CLOAK but if you ride over a rock leaning in the wrong direction say goodbye to your precious 4-wheeler. The DAMAGE INCONSISTENCY is a huge problem. I can smash this thing into a mountain at full speed a good 20-25 times before it will give out. But if it flips once it explodes? UH...... Sounds like someones a lazy programmer..........................
  2. ravenoch

I feel so much better posting this. If you ever fix the Flash, call it the ravenoch update. Being a Light Assault with a 4 wheeler is a glorious feeling. Like being a one-man army. Too bad it is so buggy!!!!!
  3. Ravenorth

I seriously hate the flipping thing, sometimes it doesnt even have to flip fully but it still explodes. Many times when I´m about the flip, and I can clearly see that I´ll still be able get on four wheels, yet for some reason it still explodes. It also explodes if you hit on top of a fence or vertically flat rock without your tires touching it... logic please..
  4. Dragon Zander

I love the flash and its way better than it was in Beta. The wraith cloak and rumble seat are both awesome ideas.

BUT...

I agree we need some consistency. It seems around GU5 someone added several invisible self-destruct buttons to the flash. The first button is on the bottom of the chasis. If you land hard enough on all 4 wheels and your chasis comes to close to the ground KABLOOOM!!. I can easily trigger this button by using half of my turbo and going over a medium bump from flat ground to flat ground. I can also survive falls of over 100m by landing on only my front tires, not only do I survive neither my character nor flash take any damage at all.

I want the flash to work like a real ATV multiplied by 4 which it almost does except for the sudden tilting, unexplained explosions, and not quite right friction mechanics.
    • Up x 3
  5. Brainwayne

no car in the whole world explodes when flipping over!

Also, this "bug" is mentioned many times before in BUG-Forum... SOE clearly knows about this, but yet they still dont care...
    They rather make new tankplates and helmets and whantnot, because they can sell these... (funny fact: they are not able to implement this useless stuff without bugs)
    Just take the "loadout bug" which literally occurs after EVERY UPDATE!!! Attachements are deleted or if attached in loadout, they dont spawn. It really happens after EVERY UPDATE - this clearly shows that they dont care or that they have no clue... ridiculous!

SOE, why not be honest and call it "downdate" - Because thats what you are doing since BETA - Call it "General Downdate 7" next time! "GD7"!
  6. rhan101277

In May I think they will be adding a new helmet in the store that should be effective in keeping you alive during ATV falls. I heard it was going to be around 5,000 SC.
  7. Doc Jim

Guys, chillax, it's a feature.

There are ninja NPCs whose one and only goal is to flip ATVs.

Totally legit ;-)
  8. Chipay

It's a feature, it's not getting fixed.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bucketmaster

Hah, yeah right. I just can't ditch my Flash even though I know it's going to kill me. Something deep inside me keeps spawning all those Flashes.