Dwindling TR Members

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GamerGawd, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Kviatkers

Traitors shall be deal with swiftly and painfully.
  2. GamerGawd

Yeah. Ive been educated too on the VS situation too and on certain servers. You guys have alot of joins but more drop outs. TR is the exact opposite with less joins but more stays.

So the incentive for VS might tie in with TR's, some sort of perk to join low numbers and maybe a loyalty program to stay?
  3. GamerGawd

Yeah. Ive been educated too on the VS situation too and on certain servers. You guys have alot of joins but more drop outs. TR is the exact opposite with less joins but more stays.

So the incentive for VS might tie in with TR's, some sort of perk to join low numbers and maybe a loyalty program to stay?
    • Up x 1
  4. Joram

People should really stop caring about those graphics, because when i log on Miller (most populated server since release?) and i see a 40% TR, 33% NC and 27% VS i see a huge pop imbalance problem that need to be fixed and the graphic dont show any of this. Talking about population globaly is stupid, we have 3 servers, global population 3000, 33% each faction, server 1 50 tr 25 vs 25 nc, server 2 50 VS 25 tr 25 nc, server 3 50 nc 25 vs 25 tr, ive been sick for a couple of days and dont know how to talk in my own language right know hope you see my point in english lol
  5. GamerGawd

I dont know what you are trying to say but my point has changed slightly since i wrote this...

This I think has more to due with pop balances and control. I think if TR doesnt get new recruits and VS doesnt keep them, things will be ugly and the game; unfun.

We are starting to see it unfold already by the frustrations in these forums.

Some solutions are needed before things get worse.
  6. CatinHat

I left TR after hitting BR 16.

The amount of spam of swearing, racial slurs, music over voice chat is sad. Just immature people over there.
  7. Joram

My point is, doesnt matter if the global population is balanced when i log on Miller and i see 15% more TR than VS, global population is irrelevant, servers active population is the data people should care about.
  8. {joer

Newness is a fleeting quality, most players, even the bad ones now know the TR got the shorter stick in weapons. While newbs whined about NC weapons to start, they finally figured it out.
  9. Zenith

*Thinks the above is limited to one faction. Forgets to disable VOIP.*

Cool story bro. :rolleyes:
  10. CatinHat

Its was also in normal text chat. The report system at the time was only to report cheaters. So, I disable all incoming information (VoIP and text) may as well play a single player game. Or just jump to a different side. I have not see that share amount of spamming and teamkilling while playing NC.
  11. Zenith

Must be your server then, because I haven't seen anything like that on mine. NC are usually the childish ones, but even they're not that bad.
  12. CatinHat

Could be,
    There was a group of us (6 friends) between rank 13-21 back on Waterson as TR. We even spent some money on some weapons and camo... but we just tired of how those TR were acting. We left to join the NC on Soltech.
  13. Firmware

Kinda sad. Tried playing this morning and NC was 46% of server pop. Every time we'd try and take a point they'd throw multiple squads at us. Numbers > tactics any day in this game.
    • Up x 1
  14. Zenith

Waterson? Say no more.
  15. Rycon

The active characters tab kinda backs this up also. Very cool. NC skyrockets, while TR stays the same. So the TR that are still rocking it!! Keep staying TR.
  16. GamerGawd

yeah. and if trends continue without any changes made... it will be worse.

The meek do not inherit Auraxis.

They drop the game, or go join the masses( increasing the problem)
  17. Zenith

Not surprising given how much press coverage the NC received, to say little of a certain popular dev.
  18. Assist

Which is what actually matters.

Population of characters is completely irrelevant to how the game plays today. The statistic that should be look at is Active Characters, which shows the real faction differences with the game.
  19. GamerGawd

Yeah. Again its about the PR side of things. A cool video can persuade someone to join something they recognize, if seen a few times.
  20. Assist

Play VS and then you'll possibly understand.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=3
  21. randalthorr

bahaahahaha you bl00dy hypocrites. not a month ago the NC were 'cry babies' according to all of you TR rangers and VS monks.
  22. Vertabrae

Why not take matters into our own hands? SOE dropped the ball on marketing this game. So why don't we, the players, step up and pick up the slack. Start making videos, pictures, whatever. Start recruiting new players. Recruit for your faction, or for the game in general. Yes some of them will try the game and leave. But some will stay. SOE isn't going to do this for us. If we want this game to grow, then it's up to the players to do as much as we can to make it popular.

I know many of us have had friends who tried the game and left. But if we give up, then we've already lost. Might as well go play something else now. We are here because we still love this game, and see the potential in it. So lets do something to get some fresh blood in here.