What's "Advanced" about it ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Lovecraft

The laser pointer rail attachment is 100 certs..., for another 100 I can get an "advanced" laser pointer.... Is the beam longer? Easier to see? How is it different than the non-standard pointer ?
  2. MadKat

I haven't personally looked at them, I don't use them, but I can only assume; tightens your cone of fire in hip fire further?
  3. FnkyTwn

Hahaa.. the beam looks exactly the same. It's a total ripoff!

If you really want a good rail attachment you should look at
    the Flashlights. Your team will really appreciate being able
    to see everything you're fighting too. You'll be a hero!
  4. sigur

^ this
  5. rayvon

Yep, Bang on, Less spread.
  6. vulkkan

It makes hip fire even more accurate than the normal laser sight. Someone once mentioned that the normal laser would reduce the hipfire CoF by 25%, and the advanced by 50%, BUT DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS. Also, the laser "module" on the normal and advanced use different models.
  7. CatinHat

How much for the advanced flashlight?
    :eek:
    • Up x 2
  8. Being@RT

Also note that you can toggle the visual laser beam off and still reap the benefits. Default key is 'L'.
  9. Lovecraft

Ah... wow... I thought it purely a visual help-u- aim thing, but it changes the firing characteristics of the weapon itself? Huh... Don't like how unrealistic that is but I 'll take it....
  10. Herrick

Nanites.
  11. IamSalvation

How would this help you aiming? o_O
  12. Klondik3

Flashlight blinds your opponent so it is more useful in CQC.
  13. Lovecraft

By extending your weapon to target via the laser beam as visual aid... Ymmv...
  14. Pikachu

[IMG]

I'm gonna get it later tonight for my high ROF carbine whatever it's called. [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. MadKat

Wow you can really still gain benefits? Gonna have to reconsider equipping that on my JH or something.:D Never liked the beam as it is more luminosity that I don't want on my character.
  16. Zenith

100 certs is nothing, you can get double or even triple that in a day.
  17. Flashtirade

I don't think it's by percentage. I think it's by some kind of hipfire-cone tier system. Go try this out in VR: compare the locations of your hipfire cone without the laser sight when standing, crouching, and running, and then do the same tests with the laser sight and maybe the advanced laser also. I'm pretty sure the cone for each stance gets reduced by one "level" or something.
  18. Loegi

Not really more unrealistic as weapons having a larger random deviation if you fire them longer.
    • Up x 1
  19. Vertabrae

I know the laser decreases CoF, but has anyone tested it on shotguns since the update? It never used to change anything on them, but I'm wondering if it does now.
  20. Devrailis

I don't know why your post made me lol so much, but it did.

Had a pretty good start to the morning thanks to you, much love. :D