Dwindling TR Members

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GamerGawd, Apr 6, 2013.

1. TerryTenMen

It's easy to see why TR numbers are dwindling, it's the worst out of the 3 factions, with NC being easily the best. The NC stock weapons are far superior and anyone other people will probably be attracted by the VS easy weapons, whereas TR's weapons are pathetic firing over 10m away.

The only superior thing the TR had was the prowler which has been pointlessly nerfed. If people can't kill a tank with the 50mil options now in the game then thats there problem.
  2. TintaBux

Same happened with VS, they wasn't playing them because of SW Wargpate, soon as it changed, VS numbers went back up.
  3. KeyCee

To the topic promotion I have to say especially for TR in the cinematic trailer SOE just show an epic fight of an NC guy, a VS invasion army and a TR that gets totally pwned, a better balanced trailer witch shows one epic fight scene for each faction would be better I think.
  4. HadesR

Now let's get back to reality shall we ?
  5. TintaBux

Biggest loads of bull ever, the stock TR weapons are amazing, have arguably the best MBT & ESF also with VS, NC are by far the worse faction overall.
  6. GamerGawd

Yes, thats a good idea to keep a balance for continents but will stopping a player from entering a specific continent, make him choose another faction?
  7. MadKat

This gave me a chuckle, NC weapons are arguably quite a bit more difficult for newer players to get used to than say a TR's stock weapons.. Things have gotten a little easier on us though, now with the twitch mechanic removed(?) But to say they are superior than a Terran's weapon, is pretty radical.
  8. TerryTenMen

It is reality, how is the prowler superior to either tank now, at least the other 2 have viable special abilities. It was good at infantry farming before but that has vastly been reduced, whats left to make it the best. ESF maybe the best, I dont fly so im not going to comment on that, but its hardly going to effect as many players as stock weapons, NC are far superior.

"a bit more difficult for newer players to get used to" - yea but the issue is older players switching to NC because they know its the best faction
  9. {joer

Weapon issues are a problem but most of my TR outfit quit more because the game is just less fun to play than it used to be. All of my closest friends in game didn't 4th faction, they just quit. We've had more fun playing Torchlight 2 than PS2 lately, and I've gravitated to natural selection 2 which is a very competitive asymmetric fps.
  10. Czuuk

This one has lyrics for you. Did you know your stock pistol can unload the entire clip in under 3 seconds? Ouch.
  11. GamerGawd

So, is it weapons or numbers that makes a new player decide faction?
  12. {joer

They are superior to any TR weapon. It's not radical. I own almost all the TR LMG's and I'd trade them all to be able to have the stock saw on my TR.
  13. TerryTenMen

Wow we have a good stock pistol, quick everyone roll TR. You can use a pistol thats effective at 5m against a gauss saw 40m away
  14. KeyCee

a combination of both, the new players don't want a challanging game as they would have with an underpopulated faction so the choose the faction with the most players ---> easiest game then.

Also they maybe read through the forum and see "well so much people whine about NC weapons, they must be very strong" so they choose NC.

So it's a combination of both, numbers and also weapons (even if all weapons would have the same stats , there would be also people whining about them and influence new players faction decission with that).
  15. MadKat

Superior to a veteran player, what I was saying is to a new player, they have much worse of a learning curve, this is a thread about pop imbalances via new players, not the veteran players that switch empires due to FOTM weapons and their comfortable style of weapons.

Edit: While being another veteran like yourself, I agree that the hard hitting weapon when used properly and has excellent practice in, will always beat appear superior the fast firing low damage weapon.
  16. MadKat

Numbers probably from the initial choice, but after realizing weapon style, I'm sure re-rolling happens quite often more times than not.
  17. TerryTenMen

I havent looked at the spreadsheet, but it's a F2P game, who says these 'new' players havent played before. The subject is about dwindling players on TR and it's clear to anyone why. Apart from NC players who like to create the myth that they arent easily the best faction at the moment.
  18. GamerGawd

Interesting.
    So, in a scenario to win over new recruits, you cant falsify population numbers (numbers dont lie) and you cant give OP guns ( thats unfair). The incentive will have to be in some other form, bonuses or certs, for just being that faction and not performance?

Madkat:
    Edit: While being another veteran like yourself, I agree that the hard hitting weapon when used properly and has excellent practice in, will always beat the fast firing low damage weapon.

Thanks for your honesty!
  19. Xasapis

That's one way to read the graphs. The other way is that a lot more people try the VS, but hardly anyone actually decides to play them compared to the other factions.
    While whoever tries the TR usually sticks with them.

Seriously though, the TR population has been stead since almost launch, where they were the undisputed most populated. The main reason the NC have been risen in numbers above the TR is because the VS numbers have been decimated.
  20. Xasapis