SOE better compensate me for unbalanced Alerts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grilledchicken, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Grilledchicken

This won't be short because there aren't enough words to describe how mad I am with PS2's current gamestate.

Was just on for a Cold War Alert on Helios. Lasted 40minutes before NC's stupidly unbalanced population effortlessly got a dominating victory. I have been understanding with many issues concerning this game but IT IS ******* RIDICULOUS THAT YOU ARE REWARDING THE VERY THING THAT IS RUINING SERVERS.

I pulled out all the stops in my scythe, magrider and on foot and to say my contribution could not possibly effect the outcome would be an understatement. Shoot one reaver down, 5 more show up and go running back to 10 burster maxes if I go after them. Pulled a Magrider and was destroyed by that skill-less ******** of a weapon the Pheonix (saw 5 blue rockets hit just me). Infantry...lol, just try to walk out of any spawn room in a territory touching the warpgate and 5 scatmax will be waiting.

So why the hell did SOE think a dominating victory was even remotely a good idea?! It just makes more people go NC because VS and TR don't get 10 effortless biolab caps in 40 minutes game time. Utterly ridiculous that servers with population imbalances such as Helios reward the faction that has so much control they literally dictate the way the server flows except during the small prime time window when things almost reach balance.

I want free ******* experience because if over half of the players on my server can simply choose the easier path which requires less work can get a minimum of 10,0000 experience to the faction that literally only needs to show up to the "fight" but that requirement is actually optional. I would be embarrassed if I created something that has such blatant favoritism for one side in a given three. Yes during the evening hours last night which was Friday there were 2-3 Alerts which handed out rewards in a fair manner...but that is not excuse or reason to throw free exp/certs the other 3/4ths of the day when NC has control.

I have 43days ~10hours played on my VS character which is my main and have thrown roughly $250 to SOE for my 6-month membership and everything I have on my 3 characters but I am so damn close to saying **** this game because this free handout **** to the fourth faction and in most cases the NC has all but made me sick. Unless I am not seeing the free Boost in the Depot that grants me the 80,000 experience that I AND ALL TR AND VS players on Helios had no realistic chance of getting, PLEASE point me to where I can effortlessly get it.

Remove this total domination ******** when server population exceeds ~5-7% difference between highest and middle pop and then do some research to see how much exp/certs you gave away to the wrong faction and compensate the other two factions the same plus 12% because apparently 12% bonus exp is the value of VS and TR fighting NC's 51% Indar pop to our 24% each at this moment. VS and TR players from Helios and Genudine didn't pick their faction at launch or whenever because they wanted to be treated like second class citizens so what I said or something before I and many others leave.
  2. Jachim

Yes. They should reimburse you.

Only you, of course, because you, the one-man army tried your best to stop all of the NC.

Join an outfit and you'll feel far more effective. Even when outnumbered 2-1.
  3. sigur

So, let's see.. you get a 20% bonus while fighting and at the end of the event you get a fraction of the bonus, even if you loose. But here you are, whining. Seems legit
    • Up x 1
  4. Grilledchicken

Thought of another possibility that could resolve this for the VS/TR Helios players, throw in 2 challenges during the time between Alerts. One being the first faction that can pull at least one magrider wins 10,000 exp and the other being the first faction that can pull at least one prowler wins 10,000 exp.

They create about the same level of difficulty NC has during all non-peak hours to get a dominating victory and I along with many others would be happy to accept those challenges, I'll even promise to not complain later even though TR have a tank that spell-check says is correct while magritte is the only one word solution for magrider it knows or that NC don't even have to play the game to be treated as the developer's favorite and get extra stuff.

But as earlier suggested, experience compensation +12% will make people happy too I'm sure...even though those two factions don't even make up half the server pop for large portions of the day.

I won't let this rest, things have gotten out of hand and need to be fixed.
  5. Nimbat

When did people demand rewards even when losing? Is this some new generation kind of thing?
    You should be happy you're getting any xp at all when losing the alert.
  6. Chipskream

OP is hilarious. Get it together man, I am pretty certain that no ones owes you XP, bro.
  7. n0pax

In the time you spent writing this elaborate QQ post you could have earned all the lost exp back and then some. Is it unfair? Yes. Is life unfair? Yes, deal with it.

You have no idea what the term unfair means if you're willing to write that long a post over losing some exp on planetside 2.
  8. Grilledchicken

You must be as stupid as the mindless kids who play NC for the guided rocket. Are you that dumb to think this is about my attempts to be a one man army? I was in a scythe flying over the VS forces helping where I can, I don't need to join a zerg outfit to get a pair of keys to an ESF and considering for a majority of the 40 minutes we only have 3 zones it's easy for me to see where my favorite thing in the game can be used to greatest effect.

Oh, you also missed the part where I want SOE to somehow make up to the VS and TR for this free exp event that they implemented which basically rewards the people the most for something they have to try the least to achieve. If it were 500 exp for a dominating victory I wouldn't care but I would get 20,000exp if VS could manage a DV on Helios, thats roughly 70 free certs given to just NC multiple times a day while VS and TR get to learn how to shoot out of spawn rooms more effectively.

If you are ignorant or indifferent to this favoritism that the Alert System has created, just save your time and don't respond and go back to getting the short end of the stick in all other parts of your life. I want balance and game that won't die because of development ultimately created a game that rewards the easiest path the best while harder options get a participation ribbon.
  9. The Milk Man

Well the op is completely blowing this out of proportion and is getting a bit too angry. But if your talking about the population imbalances, then yes. I agree with you to some degree. The vs have super low populations on almost every server while TR and NC are roughly about equal. However, NC are starting to get higher populations than TR.
    • Up x 1
  10. Nimbat

I don't see the problem. You get XP for losing but you want equal amounts as the winner. Nobody would give a flying frying pan about the alerts if victory (xp) didn't matter.

I don't really know what to say man. I could draw parallels for you to all kinds of competitive stuff where losers don't get squat (they're often just happy over participating, which is a reward in itself) but you don't listen. It's like talking to a wall.
  11. Ravenorth

This is what happens when people dont play for fun anymore, but for xp. VS also get outnumbered on Miller alot, but I dont care, I just kill as many enemies as I can and enjoy that 20% bonus + possible 10% low population bonus.
  12. Grilledchicken

If you guys really think that nothing should be done about all an event that goes off every few hours and outside the 4-5 peak hours, grants only NC a ton experience because the game said fight here now, then I'll be glad to be done with a game full of commie ******* who rather follow an arrow then actually fight.
  13. {joer

I'm on a tablet so I'm too lazy to edit, but the issue you speak of is much like we had on soltech the first few months with the purple horde as tr. It's like that with NC now and yes you are correct with the weapon issues, but being overwhelmed is basically how this game is set up.
  14. Nimbat

HAHAHA oh the IRONY!!! You are the one asking for free handouts to everyone and you say that we are the communists.

Thanks OP, you gave me a hearty laugh.
  15. Pikachu

Make it time less time to cap bases for underpopulated factions yes.
  16. bodmans

17. AnotherNoob

Silly way of putting it, but in short I think that a buff to the "lower pop" bonus on each continent should be buffed greatly, which would incentivize people to play the low pop faction.
  18. DoomMaze

Yes lets game design determined by how it affects one unbalanced servers...that'll work
  19. Grilledchicken

Guess you didn't see that my requests and understand that they simple will never happen. I'm just trying to make a point on a situation that is now ridiculous on Helios.

NC just won another Alert without much trouble with plenty of time to spare giving the 57% World NC pop a free 10,000 experience and VS and TR nothing. The game is not even playable right now and as a VS player what am I to think? The situation has progressively gotten worse each day and more people are realizing that the NC on Helios means significantly easier time achieving goals like getting constant dominating victories and continent capping which were set in place by the developers.

From what I hear Connery is NC heavy too and if that is the case I do not see why this could even be called a competitive game anymore. It will eventually force players to quit because it simply is not possible to fight the NC with their numbers that will grow because of all the different rewards for being NC (on Helios) and the lack of effort compared to TR and VS to get them.
  20. qsscout

Grilledchicken you are BAD BAD BAD