These alerts are a joke when...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dibola, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Negator

You know, there is one particular outfit that would be all over this stuff, but someone tattled and got them put in time out. Blame your own faction.
  2. Negator

Look at your outfits. Professional zergers.
  3. Advanced Darkness

No kidding and these my faction will never win posts are a moot point and yeah its absolute whining because the XP pot is distributed to all players in each faction based on what percentage of the cont. they have. If a faction is so over populated that its taking 100% of a cont. at each alert then who are they fighting?
    I play VS on Waterson and of the 3 or 4 alerts that ive been in 2 of those were won by the underpopulated VS. I can only attribute that to smart thinking. Youre obviously outnumbered so get what you can then hold what you can. If youre losing some you stop pushing at something you dont have yet and go resecure that.
    Its another L2P scenario.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rycon

Exactly!!! This is what happens!!

NC and VS always push the TR..... Know who I blame? TE.... NC and the VS have hatred to them... this pushes both factions to always hit the TR on Mattherson..... I do enjoy it though. :)
    • Up x 1
  5. NexusOfCrisis

True dat. "EVERYBODY... RUSH EM!" is not a strategy. Well... not the only one anyways.
  6. Dibola

We didn't tattle. Smedley was actually watching Buzz's stream at the time and called twitch and banned him from the game. Other than that, Stay on topic please.
  7. Dibola

It doesn't help any if those TR with enough manpower wow on another server now does it? No, it doesn't.
  8. Dibola

I'd like to know how a continent is full when it reads 33% for TR but only 26-27% for world pop on the TR side. Sounds a little screwy. How can TR side be full when world pop is much less?
  9. LibertyRevolution

TR crying they don't have enough pop.. now I seen it all.
    Waterson VS have no problem winning the 2 alerts I played, and we had 25% and 22% pop..

You have to split up and take stuff, zerging to the closet amp/tech plant is just going to get you bogged down and lose every time.
  10. LibertyRevolution

Because you can only have a set number of players from each faction on the continent at a time.
    If all 3 sides are full you get 33% each, If you have 33% then the TR is card is full on that continent.
    If you see 20% on the other factions, that means they are not there in full force, and those factions can join the fight.
    There is a safeguard in place to make sure you can't get your entire faction onto 1 map.
    So that if all 3 factions are there in full force it will be an even battle.

Only time you will see a pop higher than 33% is if the continent is not full.
    So like 100TR vs 20NC vs 20VS on the entire continent would give you that 60/20/20 split you see sometimes.
  11. Astealoth

how could there possibly ever be a faction imbalance during an alert? it's damn near impossible. there' a 40 minute queue for all 3 factions for the event continent at 3am. an alert continent will ALWAYS be 33/33/33 split. i think you're mistaking world population for continent population.

stop talkin out your bum, VS had exactly 33% pop when they won both times ^^
  12. Psaldorn

NC don't win on Cobalt. Big deal. Still have fun shootin' an' such.

Edit: although metagame that prevented pointless 3-way stalemates is always the preference.
  13. RobotNinja

The Terran Republic is the most populated faction across the entire game. Mattherson is home to the largest TR outfit in the entire game, boasting over 5000 members and at least close to 700 active members.

Maybe if they spent less time getting into TK wars with other outfits instead of shooting blue and purple stuff the TR wouldn't be so bad off.
    • Up x 2
  14. Cl1mh4224rd

Mattherson TR just won an Amerish Alert with 50% of the territory.

I blame an amazing lack of strategy on the part of the VS. Too many of us spent too much time kicking the NC in the south while they had less than 15% of the territory. There weren't enough of us left to counter the TR platoons taking our territory in the north.

VS had the lead with about 30-some minutes to go, but we squandered it.
    • Up x 1
  15. SizeDoesMatt

THIS
  16. SizeDoesMatt

TR wins on Matterson because of its population advantage not because you guys are skilled in a tactic or strategic way.
  17. FlayvorOfEvil

It's because TE and some of the other big outfits on TR are engaged in the wrong tactics and don't cooperate well. I heard that there were internal conflicts between TE and the other outfits.
  18. Doctor?

It happens to all 3 sides regularly enough. It's just that last night a number of us Vanu recognized what was happening, and coordinated our groups to take advantage of it right at the end.
  19. Negator

The 'other' big outfit only knows how to send entire platoons to single regions, doesnt know what galaxies are, and loves ghost capping.
  20. Vetto

Ever think it this kind of attitude that got certain members suspended in the first place? Claiming any other outfit but your own is "zerging and below you" Isn't exactly pushing for a united front on the TR.