You don't give a give a gift and then decide to take it back, SOE.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Leo Di Caprio, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Leo Di Caprio

Quitting over being ripped or feeling ripped off, is by no means whining, FYI.
  2. {joer

Make a vague thread, complain people don't get it. I guess it beats your usual "poor NC, they are so unfairly persecuted!" threads.
  3. Leo Di Caprio

It does? can you link me any of those "threads" you speak off?

All I said was, you cannot take back a gift by which I meant a gift... is balance a gift? are weapons a gift? by gift I mean obvious imbalance, it happens to all sides, ergo, test servers or forget purchases, why? because nobody trusts you anymore.

Back to OP topic title.
  4. jak

I have a big thread about this in the Ideas and Suggestions forum. It's true that SOE has the "right" to make any changes they wish. However, continued lack of releasing a quality product leads to fewer people willing to buy into the product and fewer people willing to play the product. That's not a good pattern for a F2P game's success.
  5. Meeka

No, I'm pretty sure most people are content with the re-balancing. Most people will play the game and ignore the forum, and in fact, probably not even notice the weapons have been changed at all. A forum is usually a minute minority of the players and are nowhere near a representation of the actual player base.

Personally, I buy every single new TR weapon (and some VS weapons when in the mood) that hits the market; I expect them to be re-balanced as necessary if they are too powerful. I don't like having over powered weapons that ruins game play and I don't mind the necessary buffs or nerfs for either side. And, I will continue to buy weapons as soon as they are released... regardless of what's going to happen to them.

I want a challenging NC or VS to fight, but not an overpowered on. And in the same statement, I want to be a challenge to my enemy, but not an impossible one.... it's no fun to fight and enemy you cannot defeat in a game. So, even as a TR primarily, I want my weapons to be fair and balanced as much as I want the opposing team weapons to be.

In the long run, a weapon in Planetside costs the price of a good cup of coffee... and will last a lot longer, I'm content buying at that price, even if I only use it for a week.
  6. Kroom

Makes me chuckle when people bring up public test server and think this will avoid the flavor of the month weapon *****, as if it’s accidental.

What’s next, are you going to suggest they need to start aggregating data?

Keep swallowing those blue pills kiddies; one day those ignorant devs will hear you over the sound of cha-ching! ;)

EDIT: the word g-imp is censored lol
    • Up x 1
  7. Gary

only people who fail to understand they can do it and will do it for balance and leave once the weapon has been balacned and they have to fight on level ground again.
    • Up x 1
  8. Leo Di Caprio

Yeah... many people say that, what's funny is when the game dies though.

Minorities of whiners are hand picked, you either listen to collective reasoning, pro emphasis or simple "what everyone and his mother hates", that is what keeps a forum from killing your game, ask WoW.

I mean we wouldn't be at this level of population if things would have been done right, hell, more than 50% of the users are gone, why? changes, simple.

Many gamers hate night and day changes, specially at an early stage, it is a known fact, this is why games must be tested thoroughly and given their rewards according to difficulty of usage, then we have the obvious problems with optimization which for some reason scream of this game being an experiment to be port ready for what used to work as the cell or the emotion engine, systems which emphasize CPU usage, I mean really? I have been fiddling around with EE emulators and they all show the same thing, overuse of CPU, cards are being forgotten, the game feels that instead of being hardware driven, it is a game driven by software as a simulation, who knows really.

Whether it is coffee or not, a free to play game does not entitle paying customers to get the best even for a short while (which is even worse, it acts like a trick), this is why play for free is doomed to be pay to win, they can try as much as they like but information spreads like wild fire, they can hire pros to go against newbs to market it as "even terms" but in reality it does not happen... tricks, bugs, exploits or whatever to give you the upper hand, I can not care less but fabricated stuff to be better? hah, good luck.
  9. Blackbird

They understand . They just dont care ! Thats why they put the Terms of Service agreement in to keep people from sueing them .
  10. Aisar

You whine too much. If you don't like the game stop playing.
  11. Zotamedu

Am I the only one who spent money on this game mainly to support the development? Getting extra toys is just a bonus.
  12. Leo Di Caprio

Which implies the majority of the population, that is how this game is balanced, it is not balanced around pro's, it is balanced on the lowest common denominator, they created that.

Now, they take their balancing to the extreme when it comes to be against like.. air, they balance it based on pros in order for them to not be your overlords in the game, meanwhile the easiest gets easier and mid skilled pilots are ******, that does not scream of balance, everyone should be able to do anything, you cannot fly if you are a newb, you are just farm, the amount of AV in this game exceeds ridiculous and I do not mean it by numbers of ways, I mean it by balancing damages, they can't even realize a way to make zergs balanced, which is what throws the game off it's feet when it comes to the game, like say... making AA less potent after a certain number in an area, that would help.

There are plenty of things wrong with the game which need attention rather than meaningless faction balance.
  13. Leo Di Caprio

But, has anyone whined to you when they told you that you sucked at doing anything right? does your boss whine? I doubt you work.
  14. Gary

I just reread my sentence which was disgraceful... Not matter who the game is balanced around weapons will always be released in a unbalanced state, They can balance stats on paper as much as they like... the real balancing comes when they are released to the live servers and they can gather data.

Balacing a weapon based on how many people are in an area using it is stupid.. If 100 people defend a base and 50 of them have AA maxes you will not get anywhere near them in air.. However if you come with 50 tanks to deal with 50 Burster maxes guess what? You will easily push them aside.

Any new player can fly, They however will not be able to fly effectively on there own.... Learning to fly on your own and avoid being blown out the sky comes with experience (and some certs), Staying in numbers when you are new is the best tactic... When i first started playing planetside 2 i hot dropped in and instead of going of shooting i hung back a bit used as much cover as i could and watched what others were doing instead.
  15. MaxDamage

My friend did, he got all the jewellery he bought for his ex back. He didn't need the money, but she cheated on him. It's the principle.
  16. Aisar

Gaming is my work ;)
  17. Lopshot

18. ironeddie

Perhaps cynically I say soe run a buisness called planetside 2. A lot if revenue will come from the purchase if sc. To encourage the purchase of sc items in the shop need to appeal. Weapons are one of the most appealing items a player can buy. Naturally soe will make the latest weapon uber good so that more people will buy it & they make more money. But once the demand has died down said weapon is nerfed more in line with existing kit, ready for the next new weapon to be released. That's the nature of the beast, always assume an action by soe is ultimately designed to protect or enhance their revenue stream.
  19. Cowabunga

20. WaitShift

did your post start with... Higby...
    Nough said.