HUGE FPS Drop after GU6

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HerbertKnivez, Apr 3, 2013.

1. HerbertKnivez

The recomended Vram is one gig, minimum is 256MB (Or 512MB, I just know it isn't 1gb)

Most of us do too, but this is in the WARPGATE, not in ANY KIND OF FIGHT.
  2. blackboemmel

wow! your gpu wasn't able to get 60+ fps in the games that were new when your gpu was new (use google, look for benchmarks), and now it does... - congratulations!
    i feel sorry for you because it doesn't work with PS2.
  3. microetx

Your FPS are lover while you are in any kind of fight then while you are in the warpgate?? :)))
  4. HerbertKnivez

I don't even know how to respond to this, I mean, is this even english?
  5. Zakuak

Ouch man bummer to see some performance issues with this GU 06.

I have been in this boat twice before (maybe 3 times IIRC?).

This time however the game is running really good for me, I feel your frustrations and hold tight I am sure SOE will address it ASAP.
  6. Whiskey Victor

I also have seen a slight IMPROVEMENT in performance.

Three pages of complains and hardware lists, but I didn't notice a single mention of what video driver version people are using. I'll check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure I'm still using a recent beta driver for my Nvidia 660.

See if we can correlate the hardware and driver combinations for people with terrible hits in performance and for those with slight improvements. You might be able to fix by updating or rolling back to a previous driver.
  7. HerbertKnivez

I am using the latest WHQL 314.21, I have tried multiple different driver versions with no effect. BUT I am assuming that whatever patch they are working on is planning to at least try to fix it.
    I have been having this quite a bit since launch, at one point it got so bad I deleted my CHAR and stopped playing (For about a day until it got fixed...).
  8. ThaPhreak

bone stock, yeap... sli config w/over clocks and other tweeks, 80+ in fact.
  9. ThaPhreak

again this is the kinda comments that are not needed and only intended to flame others, way to go. keeping it classy i see
  10. luvthesnapper

Explain this. The game only runs on my pc when the in-game recorder is recording. Things immediately fall apart the second I turn the in-game recorder off, then fix completely the second I hit the record button again. You would think that the recording would slow you down in many cases, but nope. It fixes all my problems, and my fps jolts straight up, the second I start recording.
  11. tenzenator

well i installed new drivers. in game fps at crown 40-50 but game is lagging, like slow motions, how i can fix it?
  12. Hatamoto

Might wanna mail that to Higby or Schmudley, maye you are on to something
    • Up x 1
  13. luvthesnapper

How do you contact them outside of twitter?
  14. Zakuak

Post it on Reddit 0_o lol....or Face book?
  15. HerbertKnivez

Ok, I have solved the problem (At least on my end) I went from XP Pro SP3 32bit, to Windows 7 Ultimate x64. (Upgrade to Win 7 fixed the low FPS at WG issue). But that caused stuttering, with the stuttering I got a flash drive, used readyboost on it. This made the stutters further apart. After 30-40 minutes of gameplay my stuttering went away, this probably won't work for everyone, but give it a shot. It just might :)
  16. NotTheMomma

I had a reduced FPS over several hours of play yesterday evening but without the stuttering that has accompanied this problem after updates in the past. For example, we had a somewhat understrength platoon at a tower fight, with the map only showing "enemy squads detected". I would normally (since GU02) be at around 50 FPS in that kind of fight, but I was running about 30-35 FPS most of the time with noticeable drops into the mid-20's. Most of the time previously, I would start to notice some stutter under 45 FPS, but it felt pretty good until it would drop below 30 FPS last night.

However, in general, my FPS was 15-20 lower in some pretty lackluster fights. I very briefly dropped below 20 FPS in some truly large fights.

i5-3570K @ 4.2
    GTX 670 (+ GTX 570 dedicated PhysX, but GPU Physics is currently disabled) @ 1920x1080
    16 GB RAM
    Samsung 830 series SSD
    Edit: Win 7 64-bit SP1

I run (and have been for a while) with all graphical settings on High, except for Shadows on Low, AO and Motion Blur off. I used to tweak the UserOptions.ini quite a bit but decided a while back to stick with whatever the devs think is stable enough to put in the game UI. I do replace the UserOptions.ini occasionally, but that never seems to make a difference in any problems that are occurring. I used to run on mostly Medium settings, but, really, there was very little difference in performance when I went to the High settings.
  17. Sharpe

Huge FPS loss after GU6 for me as well. Whatever you did with that optimization patch last time - do it again, cuz this Game Update just screwed it up completely.
  18. Dragon Zander

Since GU6 my FPS jumps between 1 and 40 every half second or so at the WG. Strangely, recording gameplay levels out FPS at 35. If you look at your map or redeploy FPS again starts jumping around like a grasshopper on meth. So if your willing to start/stop recording every battle and put up with grasshopper FPS in between you MIGHT be able to play. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  19. luvthesnapper

Tell higby about the in-game recording fixing the problems while recording, or tell him to see this thread. I don't post on facebook, twitter, or reddit. I thought I would be able to get a direct email, but that's not going to happen I guess.
  20. TheEvilBlight

CPU usage is higher than before, but FPS is still dropping.

Debating if it's an AMD driver issue or the server, or if Soltech->Matherson was a bad idea for my computer-that-is-used-for-gaming (vs a "gaming computer", computer specialized for gaming).