Shotguns just a little too far

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gettingspam, Apr 3, 2013.

1. gettingspam

As somebody who plays all three factions and enjoys the differences between them, this patch was really brutal on the NC. As somebody who loves playing a MAX and has paid quite a bit to get my maxes the way I want it's a letdown. Reading the patch notes I was totally ok with the damage changes to Shotguns as they were a little strong compared to other weapons. I was even ok to see the weapon specific tuning to shotguns. My issue is with the NC Maxes. Since the NC don't have ANY way to make an anti-personal MAX that is remotely comparable to the other factions they rely on getting close and landing enough shotgun shots to kill before running out and got rolled while reloading. My TR MAX has machineguns that last a good while and are even capable of suppressing groups in small areas at decent ranges (50-100m) by fireing in bursts. My VS MAX is a little underwhelmed compared to TR but still respectable versus infantry at distance. My NC MAX stinks at range (beyond 30m) as dumping the entirety of both arms (with extended mags) still wasn't able to kill, but at close ranges it was superior. The NC had to figure out how to get close enough to kill without getting shot down but if they do get close they had overwhelming firepower.

If the overall intent was to neuter and only anti-infantry MAX that the NC had then it was mission accomplished. If this is the intent then please consider adding some form of longer distance weapon, because having used it SLUG ammo is not a substitute.
  2. Mambakiller

No worries bro, u still have phoenisX and ur bullets do more dmg, in case u don't know.
    NC HAVE THE FASTEST TTK ON ALL WEAPONS, FROM ALL 3 FACTION, STOP CRYING
  3. DJPenguin

• Up x 1
  4. MilitiaMan

You understand that is a complete lie right?

You should have a look at the Doc file all you tear droppers seem to love so much. I see all NC LMGs having the same Bullet damage as TR AND VS weapons.

Slap yourself please.
  5. FigM

just use AA MAX it's great against infantry
  6. Mambakiller

Sry, NC weapons deals most dmg, i tested all 3 factions, and from all 3, THE HIGHEST K/D I HAVE IS ON MY NC LA.
    Guess NC needs some lessons about shooting....most friendly headshots weapons are on nc, you need to know where to aim, and let the recoil go upwards, will land the headshot after...
  7. Mambakiller

nc is the most op faction in game atm, what is more important, dmg per bullet or number of bullets fired, but wwith high recoil.
    OP is a troll.
  8. MilitiaMan

Again bro, that is your "opinion" not truth about the faction.

I get better kill streaks with my VSA-88 then my EM6 which has more dmg per bullet.
    • Up x 1
  9. iareConfusE

Who uses the MAXes at range anyways? Have you tried to kill anything at range using a VS MAX? It's still just about as worthless, if anything the NC scat cannons reach out and touch people at range better than the VS guns do because they spread so much at range. The only fights that matter in this game are the close range battles. That's where all the capture points are, and that's where the highest concentration of your real fight is going to be. Tanks and aircraft don't cap bases and until they put capture points in open fields, close quarters will be the ONLY type of combat in this game that matters.
    • Up x 1
  10. Fallout10mm

hmm which docs are you looking at because this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250 says that there is 1 TR (TMG-50) and 2 VS (Ursa and Flare) that have the same damage as the non-gauss saw NC LMGs.

Now I might assume you ment all Shotguns do the same damage and are basicly clones of each other for different factions with minor differences (Vanu's shottys dont have drop and NC's have faster velocity, and TR gets nothing huh? What the hell!) in which you would be correct.
  11. Paperlamp

NC has the highest bullet damage LMG @ 200 damage per bullet with the SAW.

Maybe you mean DPS? NC's have lower DPS with many weapons due to low RoF but have a few standouts. Their LMGs are fairly good for mid-long range, but I think their carbines and assault rifles are underpowered personally as they don't compete at long range yet NC's weapon traits make sacrifices in close-mid range stats for long range stats that don't do much good. Higher bullet velocity on a CQC carbine is not that great relative to perks like VS's fast reloads and TR's bigger mag sizes and faster ADS movement.
  12. phreec

At range is across the room, or at least that's where the NC MAX already starts having trouble with. :rolleyes:
  13. AltF4Fun

I wish these forum had an automatic filter system to get rid of these posts.I mean there are hundreds of new Haxmax posts recently posted.Why does everyone have to open a new thread instead of simply posting that into an already existing one.After every patch you have to dig trough all that spam to find something usefull or entertaining because like 80% is about the same theme...
  14. WalrusJones

You have 200 damage weapons, which technically have their own very strong advantages and disadvantages.

I will now step away from this can of worms.
  15. MilitiaMan

IKR!

I find that most of the people crying for nerfs are the lemmings charging the scatmax...
  16. SolLeks

Myself with help from a few outfit mates just did some tests with the shotguns, they are basicly the same, and the pump shotguns are still better than the Jackhammer. Grinder Maxes do lose a bit more HP vs Dual mercs, and it will take 2 HAs to kill one Grinder Max with LMG @ 20 meters(one TR HA with default LMG gets the max to red before dieing, and it takes a mag and a half at that range).
  17. skeeter1337

people stop all the lieing to yourself about nc weapon do more damage all guns take 7-8 shot to kill on all factions except tr and vs are more accurate with higher rate of fire