665: Kills > Ghost Capping

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Unfleshed, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Unfleshed

Where in my post did i claim that we are the 2nd best outfit on Waterson? All i said was that we are ranked 2nd on the leaderboard and that isn't an opinion it is fact. You may interpret that however you like.

What problem are you referring to? And I'm not going to set some particular upgrades our members are supposed to have. Their BR will show how many certs they have gotten and the more certs spent on a character the better.

Makes perfect sense to me. I don't care if they got the 10k kills in 30 days or 10. As long as they have a good K/D ratio to go along with it, it shows they are efficient at getting those kills.

They all make sense.

You seem to be ignoring the critical point that I don't just use a single one of these as a deciding factor. I look at them together.

I guess I should just throw names in a hat and pick that way. Would that be the better route?
  2. netsky4life

HAHAHAHHAHA an outfit based on kd well i laughed a lot today but this really tops it all!
  3. Unfleshed

A player with 0.67 k/d pretending stats don't matter. Gee what a shocker.....
  4. netsky4life

Cause they don't........... capping a continent does whit your outfit...
  5. Posse

And if I said that K/D doesn't matter what would you say (since mine is higher than yours)? :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Unfleshed

You mean capping a continent that gets backcapped within an hour and only provides a measly 10% off resources? Yea I can TOTALLY see how that matters more than stats that are permanently bound to your toon.
  7. Unfleshed

I would still say that K/D matters. I'm not going to change my view on that just because somebody who (for now) has a higher K/D ratio than I do claims it's not important. My ratio is going up every single day and players who have higher than mine just gives me more motivation to close the gap.
  8. Posse

Then you realize that countering an argument based on "your KD is bad" is a fallacy, that was exactly my point, KD matters (yeah, I think it matters to some extent) but not because the skilled people say it (or because the ones who say it doesn't matter are the ones with crappy KD), it matters because it's a good proxy of skill (unless you got a high KD by playing on vehicles all the time, then it means nothing) and a team of skilled players with good organization can crush overwhelming numbers quite easily.
  9. netsky4life

doesn't matter if those stats don't represent what they should represent to give a presentation off the game, in which case K/D is absolutly worthless...
  10. vaxx

Honestly, I don't see why it matters to anyone what standards 665 use to recruit.

K/D has some relative indication on a player. With all the factors like, Lib gunning, some person that only uses vehicles, ranged Infl., loggin out before you die, etc, sure it can be skewed. Its not the end all be all to being good. Some good players that don't worry about rushing and getting killed, or hardly step into a vehicle might not have the best k/d and are still a threat on the field.

BUT....if someone wants to set standards, why does it bother people so much? Does it effect you in any way? No. This is their outfit, and they can play the game the way they want.
    • Up x 1