Instant action? Instant aggravation.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BlackDove, Apr 2, 2013.

1. BlackDove

Well, I just clicked "instant action" when I was on Indar and got dropped on Esamir. Now I have to go back to the warp gate, and warp back to Indar, which is a huge pain in the *** with the new queue system.

That is really stupid and annoying. If it's intentional, please put it back to how instant deployment worked before. I've had it drop me in pointless places for instant action before, but never on another continent. Way to make the game less fun.
    • Up x 2
  2. Atromnis

I would also like to weigh in on this. I liked the old system better, but it wasn't as noob friendly. Maybe you could implement a system where after you reach a certain level, (Perhaps 10?) it would switch over to the old system where you could choose where you wanted to drop. I know there is a system already in place that kind of does that, but you have to suicide in order to be able to use it.
  3. Jezs

Or you could, you know, fight on another continent for once?

You might like it.

Might.
    • Up x 2
  4. BlackDove

I do... but it would be nice if the system, you know, dropped you on the same continent you chose to fight on.

It might be less annoying that, you know, the way you structure your sentences?
  5. Worph

It's a feature. Not a bug.
    Don't use it, if you know about it.
  6. Kon

check my sig (SOI) how i would have changed it
  7. MacGoose

Not as annoying as choosing a spawn point, and then having that spawn being unavailable so you get spawned at a random spawn point. How about being able to re-choose a spawn point if it gets unavailable?

Oh, and the instant action, I never use it. But maybe a check box letting the player choose if they want to be able to spawn at other continents...?
  8. o.Solei.o

I was never a fan of SOI in PS1. I really haven't had an issue with Instant Action taking me to other continents. I'd much rather it take me where the good fights are than take me to the best fight it can find for me on the continent I am on. Takes a lot of the headache about trying to figure how whether that 33% population is 1/3 of 1,800 players, or 1/3 of 18 players... >.>

That said, that's what it's for.

Player: "Find me the best fight possible!"
    Instant-Action: "Done!"

If I want to fight on a specific continent, I just look at where the hotspots are on the map and drive/fly there. If I don't like that fight, I go to where the other hotspots are. If I don't like any of those fights, my options are go to a diff. continent or ghost cap.

IA working cross continent saves a lot of headaches and guess-work and helps to promote fighting on all continents, not just Indar.
  9. Worph

There is a reason, it doesn't bring you to the best fight. At least if you consider "best" equal to biggest, which again means most players in a certain area. If it was like this it would always send you to the crown, which is why they changed it, I assume. Sometimes every battle outside of the Crown might be just 'meh.'
  10. BlackDove

This is also aggravating. The spawn menu doesn't work properly half the time. Ever notice how certain points don't even show up on the actual map? Like the warp gate? You have to click it on the left menu, which is now on the left for no reason.
  11. Basiley

but probably optimal palliative would be to make it tweakable [in "Gameplay" part of "Settings"], ie you can have "instant action" limited to planet/map or have it global[as default presently].
  12. Zafexus

I agree with OP. I've been sent to all kinds of random locations where little to no action is taking place on a different continent from where I started out.
    I'd be fine with it as long as it sends me to a location on the continent I was currently on, I hate the Crown and I also hate being sent there constantly when I'm on Amerish or Esamir....
  13. Riftmaker

I've said that the instant action system was broken even before they changed it because of how it picked the areas in which it sent you. But some fanboys didn't agree with me just because. Funny how now those same people smash their keyboards in rage every time they get sent to a pointless area,maybe even on a different continent.

Ever since it was changed i didn't use it. Why would i? It's anything but good at what it's supposed to do.