GU6 patch that nerfed NC MAX NOT NEEDED WTF SOE REALLY

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cynis, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Cynis

All NC MAX shotguns

Extended ammunition lowered from +5 ammunition to +4.

NC Scattercannon
    • Rate of fire slowed down to 180 RPM.
    • Projectile speed slowed down to 300 m/s.
    • Magazine capacity lowered to 6.
    • Short reload time slowed down to 3800 MS.
    • Long reload time slowed down to 3000 MS.
    NC Mattock
    • Projectile speed slowed down to 400 m/s.
    • Short reload time slowed down to 3800 MS.
    • Long reload time slowed down to 3000 MS.
    • Spread accuracy improved and is now at 2.5 degrees.
    NC Hacksaw
    • Rate of fire slowed down to 209 RPM.
    • Projectile speed slowed down to 300 m/s.
    • Minimum damage lowered to 50 per pellet.
    NC Grinder
    • Projectile speed slowed down to 275 m/s.
    • Magazine capacity lowered to 8.
    • Short reload time slowed down to 4300 MS.
    • Long reload time slowed down to 3400 MS.
    • Up x 1
  2. OddChelsea

Yep, those are indeed the patch notes that we could read in the patch thread and nothing else added to it, thanks.
    • Up x 2
  3. Cynis

Stupid patch as far as the MAX stuff goes
  4. Bindlestiff

See sig.
    • Up x 4
  5. PaperPlanes

The tears begin. Let's completely ignore the fact you can still nearly instagib TR/VS MAXes with no effort because their weapons have such a high TTK against your MAX. Your MAX is still the best by a wide margin at the ranges MAXes are actually intended to fight.

I'll be more impressed when SOE gets around to buffing the TR/VS MAXes and giving all MAX units better natural small arms resistance.
    • Up x 1
  6. iProtocol

What was the previous rate of fire for Hacksaw?
  7. Painkiller85

I play TR as main but i dont feel that the NC MAX was to strong ...
    its sad ... because there was no reason for this nerf in my opinion...
    • Up x 1
  8. Quiiliitiila

I think you'll still be able to rip infantry apart and decimate other MAX units. The only difference that I see is that you won't be able to kill SO many SO quickly. The NC MAX will still be the undisputed King (or Queen :p) of the Bio-lab and other indoor areas.

I'm rather disappointed that there is still no mention or hinting at the upcoming MAX overhaul...
    • Up x 1
  9. Mormomboy

HAHAHAHA, only NC would say that was unnecessary. I will trade my TR maxes any day, for your NEW "nerfed" max. Also, you can still one shot any infatry at "MAX" range. And I seriously doubt that if I am within range of your shotguns, TR MAX still won't stand a chance against you.
    Give TR and VS MAX's Shotguns, you can have machine guns, take them.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mormomboy

Alright, apparently one other person thinks it unnecessary, but if they have ever tried to take Scared Mesa Skydock from an NC who get pissed and takes one out, if he has an engineer you need to be really good and have some back up, more than one of those, GL. You need LA to stop those things. They might change their opinion
  11. Painkiller85

this is precisely the sense of a MAX ... He is a line-breaker and defender ... it should not be possible to defeat a max in 1v1. in PS2 you should have a shared approach and focus threatening targets ...
  12. Mormomboy

Yes, but MAX v MAX should stand some chance, the only way for us to beat NC MAX mid range, and engie to repair and give ammo. I understand the point of a MAX, what I don't understand is how much worse the TR and VS MAX's are for that job.
  13. Painkiller85

I do not play max's why I have no comparison to what the differences are ... as infantry, I respectfully before every MAX whether VS or NC
  14. XDDante

being a NC player didn't see any difference in VR to be hones,but we will know once we do a MAX crash on Biolabs,i bet you red rangers and purple faeries will want more nerf to NC MAX :p
  15. Chelienor

LOL! Shotguns have been nerfed than you think ncmaxes aint gona be??
  16. iProtocol

17. Hecket

This nerf has been a long time coming ever since beta when they introduced those OP scatguns, i had the pleasure of testing it out on a friends account and it is absolutely skillless, point aim click and anything rolls over and dies. I rejoice in your tears.
    • Up x 1
  18. Cynis

I understand and agree that out of all 3MAXs that NC is.still thr best but i just dont think they should of nerfed them as hard as they did hitting all three areas of the gun. If they left the normal damage and ammo.and just decreased the ROF then okay or keep everything the same and change the damage...not all three....and as far as a NC max being a non skill class is wrong. Yeas its easy to kill people but to play it outside a biolab and keep a good KD and not really die takes skill. Of course there will.be mixxed thoughts on that but w.e.