Did you pick the right faction?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Rusky

That's quite a stretch :p

According to the available info, the TR on Earth are supposedly good yes, the TR on Auraxis however, have done some very questionable and downright evil things (like bombing their own ships in order to kill the leader of the expedition and then declare martial law which they did not rescind even after many, many years).
    Similarly, the NC on Earth were more about corporate profits (hence why they came to Auraxis), but after the TR military take over have been pushing more for "freedom from oppression" (which obviously would result in an increase in profits too :p ).

At any rate, if you look at the official info on what sparked the conflict in PS2, NC being terrorists is not the reason (also keep in mind that any actions undertaken against the regime in power at any given time will be classed by that regime as "terrorism").
  2. Zorro

Actually, any of the factions can appear as the "good guys," it simply depends on the perspective of the observer. The idealogies of the empires were picked to appeal to the greatest number of players. To some the TR are the good guys and are guardians of the people, to others the NC are the good guys and are freedom fighters, and to some the VS are the good guys and are crusaders for humanity.
  3. siiix

yes i did , i put great consideration in to my account before i set it up

i love the red, and although i HATE discipline and order (story line) its much easier to ignore the story line then colors or other things you dont like and see every day.. IF the NC would look like anything i like story-line wise i would be most definitely NC

i also like how most weapons and equipment works on TR .. i do not like energy weapons

i do like the NC tank better then the TR... LOOK wise, but thats is an exception

its also pure luck that TR has bigger population then the 2 other factions witch makes it a tiny bit easier to play and score.. but i did not know that part when i signed up as it was immediately when the game came out... although i did has some experience in beta already where i was TR as well

i hate yellow/blue color combinations... and purple is not really my thing either

on the other hand red is one of my fav colors... along with black (i was goth most of my life... kinda still em)
  4. KodanBlack

I picked the right one for my main, because I played them all before sinking cash into any one character. Though I have characters from all three factions, I've played VS far more than the others. I got one character to BR47 (deleted him after account wide unlocks in favor of my favorite character), and another to BR51 (the guy below). Meanwhile, my NC character is mainly played when I'm online with a friend of mine who loves the NC (he's BR31). I've since recreated my old TR character to simply test and learn about TR weapons and stuff (BR3).

Loyalty meter is solidly in the purple.
  5. xGreedFuSioN

I've made like 10 BR14's, like 5 BR1-5's and one or two BR25+'s
    I hate my main character only being BR28 :C
  6. DQCraze

I play VS, only thing I can tell you is play for fun. If you aren't having fun you tend to play worse. I've always been a star wars, starship troopers, star trek fan, so the lasers/plasma doesn't bother me. Also played a lot of Quake. Anyway ive spent about 140 bucks on stuff, VS is not a rush in and destroy faction, IMO we do much better tactically.
  7. Kurohagane

Looks like all the VS are dissatisfied. Well, me too to an extent.

I love the lore, the artSTYLE (not literal models) and the philosophy of VS. And i consider lasers to be awesome.
    I played Jericho in star conflict. Protoss in starcraft. When i was younger and got supereme commander:forged aliance i would go set up a skirmish and play as seraphim. I always used to play the alien/hi tech race.

What i dont like is:

1) The VS helmet design (expecially the HA, it looks like a dunce hat) with the expection of the infiltrator
    2) The color scheme is so unfitting on all the things they put it on; purple and cyan by themselves is ok but the way the mix them is disgustingly obnoxious. Especially on NS vehicles. The cyan part should be a neon light more of thing instead of a LITERAL paint.
    3) The gun design looks soo unalien. They're supposed to be made of alien technology and yet they look like badly molded plastic imitations of firearms. ESPECIALLY THE RAILS. I mean its lasers and alien technology for god's sake, how can you screw it up?! Theres literally no limit to how you shape them and how they work BECAUSE THEY DON'T EXIST. The only gun shapes i like are the rocket launchers, the SMG's (but only from first person - on the side view they also look terribad). I noticed the crustal-like glowing tips on the guns - its a try to make them look more hi-tech and unusual in contrast to firearms but it just looks weird because of the whole gun shape and looks unfinished.

Other than that the sound design lacks abit, but some of the guns really do sound laser-like and are quite cool.
    • Up x 1
  8. bNy_

I'm VS and I kind of regret not going for TR or NC as well lol... The only aspect we are better in is that we are smarter and have better players/outfits. But we have worse guns, no population compared to the other factions, worse vehicles (except maybe the scythe) and so on...

Give us some OP factor please.... TR have insane RoF and great tank and mossy. The NC have their OP MAXes (will still be OP even tho the nerf), super strong weapons and all around hard to kill vehicles.

Seriously, what do we have that makes us stand out except for our skill?

Make the magrider the best tank in this game, double the lancers damage and give all weapons a good buff :) Throw in NCs old shotguns to our MAXes while your on it and make our scythe more superior.
  9. Llaf

I picked TR for the same reason, the lore/styling. I also like that they use conventional weapons rather than gauss or energy weapons, good ol' bullets are just fine with me. I picked the right faction, unfortunately I picked the wrong server... Helios has had a severely underpopulated TR playerbase since launch. VS used to dominate this server, but the population has swung wildly into the NC's favor, with TR and VS only having about 5-6% pop difference while NC is sitting at 40% or higher pretty much all day. As of the time of this posting NC is at 53% of the population on Indar, really hoping the merge between Helios and Connery happens...
  10. DQCraze

11. lilleAllan

My friends switched from TR to NC behind my back and I was forced to follow.

I think TR generally has the best infi weapons due to the high rof and big clips - for example I'd love to run the lynx instead of the GD-7F. But on the other hand I really adore the SAW.
    I'd much rather fly Mosquito over Reaver. Not even close. This needs no explanation.
    On the other hand the Vanguard is a much cooler tank than the lame Prowler. Vanguard is a proper tank, the Prowler is a glass canon for camping.
    Forget the maxes, the noobs and sad k/d-freaks can keep those.

So, I love the SAW and like the Vanguard, but all in all I would rather have stayed TR due to lols infi weapons and the mighty mosquito.
    Also, TR's music >>>>>>>>>>>> NC's music. And I love the way the dude goes "We call this... TACTIAL SUPERIORITY."
  12. xGreedFuSioN

Dude, EVERYTHING > NC's music.
    • Up x 2
  13. PurpleOtter

What is this "choice" you speak of? There is only ONE choice and it wears the Red and Black! The rest of you are just deluded rebel scum and religious fanatics that need to be put down...Rise my Republic!
    • Up x 1
  14. Machinegun Psycho

I was VS In PS1 because my friends were VS.

I learn to hate TR and laught at NC faces

When PS2 came i try NC in beta, something in my very core told me i was wrong.

Went back to the VS still hate TR and laught at NC faces

I just feel much better, ill be VS for life even if i am not a fan of purple spandex and lazer
    • Up x 1
  15. Gustavo M

16. rickampf

Terran from the beginning.... and never looked back.

Loyalty until Death!
  17. Tiedemann

I like NC guns so I'm still happy and I don't care about the politics. I also like the whole look of the faction and the voices. Feels a bit like playing some law enforcement-like faction.

VS is some cartoon like crap for 12 year olds. I just can't stand the colors and the way VS stuff looks, so I they've been pink since the day I could change the color :p

TR reminds me a little of Harkonnen (don't really know why) but playing them does not make me feel good at all. Voices and guns feels a bit like playing some cheap FPS game, boring maybe I dunno.
  18. 5karn

I made the right choice, just wish a bunch of more players on my server did as well. It's also a problem that seems to be getting worse during the hours I play. Starting to get real sick of not having enough pop to even play the strategic underdogs like we did months ago.

Wish we'd bring back global XP bonuses for underpopulated factions so we could see more self regulation in faction populations. Continental population Xp bonuses should stay as well.
  19. MikeyD

My mate chose Vanu so of course i went with them, considering i encouraged him to get the game. To be honest i'm not really fussed with the individual aesthetics, lore or weapons. I've learn't to appreciate what we've got and be mindful of our weaknesses.
    It would be nice to see how the other thirds live but honestly,

ill be damned if i join the facists or the smurfs, that thought just makes me cringe. So many glorious fights against the enemy, so many doomed to fail defence's, changing factions now would be an unforgivable betrayal to all my fallen brothers, especially considering i play in Australia and we have only 1 server... Vanu for life :)!
  20. Zakuak

I ran with NC due to my EVE alliance/corp going NC, they don't play PS2 no more though heh.

I got to BR 61 on my NC and had good times with all the outfits. Everytime I got Killed by TR Heavy I always said to myself "damn they look cool".

When I first saw PS2, I looked at the character classes page and fell in love with the TR heavy, that is what I wanted to be but I ended up NC.

So two weeks ago I rolled a TR character. At first I felt really dirty inside and hated the fact I was BR 1 again haha. Two weeks have passed and I'm BR 35 and a TMG 50 *****. I am happy everytime I open the character screen now, I smile. No offense to NC but the look wasn't my style and I'm shallow like that lol =P.

Yeah I spent over $200 on NC toon I am sure ( maybe even $300 ugh). Thank god some some things got unlocked cross factions, I think I have every standard camo in the game (yeah I have a problem now I think LOL ).

I miss my 7k Cert surplus and my **** Lib but I'm well on my way =)