Walking a very fine line on PtP vs F2P

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Domonvoi, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Radec594

I don't really see the issue here; subscribers will now have a higher chance to see something they want to buy in the daily sale, so what?

If anything, rewarding subscribers should be endorsed in many other minor things in this game, paying costumers are what keeps the game's development healthy and alive; I wouldn't complain.

Be glad that you get a fully updated product for free instead.
  2. MaxDamage

I don't believe that will ever happen.
  3. Rusky

Yay, I get another chance at a camo or weapon that I already have (like the last 10 daily sales :p). GAMEBREAKING!
  4. Satanam

Neither do I. I just said what I believe people think about it. This community has so many people who wouldn't be quiet if SOE try to launch P2W stuff.
  5. woooow

Well the deals for subscribers is hardly p2p compared to non-subscribers who also use the store...both groups are buying something. It's just adding more value to subscribing, which is good for SOE, bird in the hand and all that.

And the extra character slots really only mean something to people who buy things in the store and can benefit from ns weapons or subs anyways and gets the bonuses. The guy who spends no money on SC items has infinite character slots with the same access as their main.

Its really only a difference in types of payments...nothing changes for the free guy.

And stop calling the free guys "freeloaders" and such. They are vital to the game. This is a pvp mmo, players are the content, to fight and for the social aspect. There are people who have not spent a dime in the game who are making your battles more fun and making your outfit a group that you enjoy being in.

The guys who just buy SC obviously spend money, just in a different way. They could even spend far more then you, they just choose to not take advantage of subbing. This is an attempt to make doing so more attractive.

And ultimately, to entice subscribers to spend more money.
  6. Andy79

while I don't care about members getting an additional daily deal (why would someone who doesnt intend to pay anything care at all if others have more options to spend money)

'freeloaders' still contribute to this game via presence, see them as unpaid HI (human intelligence) bots, wihtout them the games population might fit on one server
  7. hostilechild

I have to say i am amazed this game is f2p to start with. I fully expected it to start p2p then go f2p like others when it made its money back or had membership issues.

Hell, this is one hell of a game to be f2p. I have no issues paying to play as its the most fun game i have played in over 10years.
    Be thankful you get to play it at all, if not for us paying members you would have to go play with yourself (no pun intended :D ).

*all the item sales membership gets, seem to become available for others a few weeks later regardless. rare camo/decal perhaps exceptions.
  8. TintaBux

If you only had people who pay monthly in the game, and take away those who don't pay for monthly membership, the game would be dead.
  9. Zaik

exp gain has been increased every other GU or so, relax
  10. Madmojo

I get my butt kicked on lowbie NC that has no SC purchases.