Proximity Mines?? What??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Scatterblak

So, when are these coming back? I haven't played today -- are they back yet? As a smg/inf, these are the single most useful tactical element that I have. Er, had. Toss a couple and win a point. Place one behind an enemy turret and wait. Invis, drop a few around the top of towers. Just the fact that the enemy has to start worrying about them and dealing with them gives my squad an edge when they're rolling in. how did they get broken??? When can they come back??

#DontWantToBeASniper
  2. ExarRazor

yea

it really sucks, and is extremely suspect, that only the nc have working prox mines right now
  3. Vikarius

And the fact Higby is:
  4. m44v

I heard they are going to be fixed in GU06 or something, don't quote me though.
    Give me a break, VS had the most lethal mines because they would become invisible to most players.
  5. Vikarius

lol NC BBs did the same thing...... pot called kettle?
  6. m44v

It was fixed in betties but not for proxies, for a quite some time those were the only ones that would glitch through the floor.
  7. Dawgpound12

Now that I think of it my proxy mines haven't been very effective lately.. Hmm
  8. Teegeeack

If they don't work, it hardly matters whether they're invisible or not, does it? One thing's for sure though - over the double XP weekend, the NC were the only faction with working mines. They were "bugged" for everyone else.
  9. m44v

I know, I'm only complaining about the implications that there's some sort of favouritism towards NC, because like I said, VS enjoyed the most lethal mines in the game for quite a while.
  10. Teegeeack

I'm just trolling anyway.
  11. WycliffSlim

Lets just admit the truth. NC and VS mines are pretty even ATM and are both difficult to see unless you're looking for them. TR mines on the other hand have 2 glowing, green lines. It's a problem and should be taken out. I'm not TR but I feel bad for them, I've dodged multiple TR mines because it's a lot harder to miss glowing lines on the floor than a plate shaped object with a neutral color.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lord Robert

Its because they messed with them in the latest patch. Whenever they try to fix something they generally break it first, just like with tanks and GU2, and the rocket changes and lots of other stuff.
    They will get around to fixing stuff they didn't need to fix in the first place and subsequently broke soon enough. Pretty common on their part though sadly.

And TR mines need to be harder to see or buffed somehow so that they have a reason for the trade off that they have vs other factions mines. Right now they are just gimped for no apparent reason. I don't think anyone thinks they are better in any way. While they are not unusable, they are simply not as good as they are so visible.
    We've been saying that for some time, hopefully someone will do something about it as well someday, but I wouldn't count on it.