TR/NC need drastic balancing if VS is to regain pop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Nyscha

Right now VS is at its lowest, people simply don't want to play the worst faction so they play TR/NC which is favored by the devs.

Unless the devs start balancing TR/NC the VS simply wont exist anymore, none of my friends play planetside anymore because they saw the bias instantly.
  2. Teegeeack

Unfortunately, the VS will never get back to the dizzying heights it reached before the Magrider nerf, even if the devs suddenly have a change of heart and start treating us equally to the other two factions.
  3. Bankrotas

Truth is, not many people like VS. Plasma isn't really fun to shoot for everyone, also that spandex is to tight for fatasses like me.
    • Up x 12
  4. Rusky

It's not a balancing issue, your faction is not UP. The background and style just don't appeal to as many people.
    • Up x 32
  5. Teegeeack

Our faction is balanced. The problem is the other factions are OP.
  6. OddChelsea

The only things underpowered about the VS as I see it are VS maxes and that silly lancer thing some of you use.
    • Up x 1
  7. HadesR

All faction's are pretty balanced .. ( outside of scatmax's ) .. So basically you are asking for VS to be made OP to attract more player's ..

:eek:
    • Up x 9
  8. Teegeeack

Ha ha ha! You funny guy.
    • Up x 1
  9. Onetoo

I agree with Rusky; our faction (the VS) isn't UP. We simply don't appeal to enough of the player base.

Maybe free transfers & bonuses for players who switch to the faction with the least population would help?
    • Up x 2
  10. HadesR

So enlighten us where you feel you are UP ? Please don't say infantry weapons cus that would be a laugh

^ This guy get's it
    • Up x 2
  11. Onetoo

Here is a spreadsheet 'CupBoy' posted recently, it seems to indicate that the 3 factions are fairly well balanced (sans population disparity):

[IMG]

There are still issues that need to be addressed (IMO), but overall things are looking good.
    • Up x 3
  12. TintaBux

VS only had 2% less than NC last night on Miller (TR higher than NC by 5% most of night)
  13. Teegeeack

We don't appeal to enough of the player base and that will always be a problem. But the bigger problem is developers who clearly favour the TR and NC. What could be a 1-2% population disadvantage is much higher due to developers who needlessly nerf us, give us dud weapons, and give little attention to our image problems while making the TR out to be badass evil guys and the NC to be freedom fighting rebels.
  14. TomaHawk

Uh, I die fastest when facing VS. TTK on VS small arms is pretty damn low. When facing NC, it seems like an on par fight. I even change how I fight VS vs NC because of this. Somehow, VS rifles, SMG, etc seem to hit harder than NC. Was I facing hackers, or a really, really good squad? Dunno... could be.

Yes, VS have low pops, and that needs to be addressed. But please don't go into the argument the VS are the poor little orphans. That is wrong.
    • Up x 1
  15. TomaHawk

Needlessly nerf you? They needlessly nerfed ALL TANKS, ALL FACTIONS. BROKE ALL TANKS, in fact. That wasn't your exclusive benefit, sir. DUD Weapons? ROFL! Right... then why do I have be even more cautious around VS controlled areas than in NC if you guys are the forgotten orphans from San Ricardo? I fear Vanu small arms more so than NC.
    • Up x 2
  16. Teegeeack

The Magrider was nerfed to oblivion, the Lancer was a dud weapon while the TR got something useful and the NC got something crazily overpowered, and I don't care what weapons you fear more than others. That's your problem.
    • Up x 3
  17. Lelouch

Change the main VS color to Black = more pop
    • Up x 1
  18. HadesR

• Up x 1
  19. Rhyl

The problem isn't that we are UP and it's not that we don't appeal. It's that in any marketing campaign the NC and Terran are featured. Never do they make the VS appear "badass." Future marketing needs to be done featuring VS. Heck, I've had friends that were NC but after I told them about the VS lore they became interested and switched sides. The problem is most people don't know anything about the VS.

Also another way to fix the issue is by offering faction transfers. Offer faction transfers to the reigning factions population wise and the only option for these transfers s those suffering from population imbalances. Some will switch many will not but it'll definitely help the pop scenario.
    • Up x 3
  20. Teegeeack