Anyone else feel the game is mostly balanced right now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by miraza, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Antivide

[IMG]

Reaver
    • Up x 1
  2. mazty

NC get two advanced fore grips and two advanced laser sights. Stop being infantile - because of that they have LMG's which can be equipped far better and outperform TR guns. Go into VR instead of being an ignorant child.
  3. mazty

Laptop gamer. Stupid reply. Shocker.
  4. mazty

The SAW gets the advanced fore grip........
    This is why NC are struggling...because they seem to lack brain cells.
  5. Kociboss

Yes, I feel the game is mostly balanced. Mostly.
  6. HadesR

Yeah Imo outside of a few issues such as Max's, Shotties its pretty balanced .

Even the Infantry vs Armour side .. Armour is no longer the guaranteed " win " button . It's still very effective when used properly but now without infantry/Air support it's pretty much screwed ...

Combined arms being needed in a combined arms games .. Who would have guessed
    • Up x 1
  7. Dingus148

Pity tanks have been reduced to tissue boxes. Hey, didn't PS1 have similar problems with 1-man war machines with lots of armor and firepower?
  8. SgtBreastroker

It was balanced before the 2XP weekend.
  9. SeasickSand

1) yes
    2) To a stupid post. Nc guns have more recoil. Using upgrades can make them on par with stock Tr guns. Tr also use upgrades.
  10. SeasickSand

no...
  11. mazty

Obviously you've never used TR and are just being infantile. NC guns with advanced fore grip = less recoil than TR LMG's with fore grip and far more hitting power.
    Now go away and be ignorant somewhere more fitting, like youtube or ign.
    No what? The NC gun attachment choices are simply better because they are more plentiful. If you weren't an ignorant child refusing to check out VR you'd know this,
  12. voody

So is slug ammo. Maybe not as good as you feel your Mercys are but that is pretty much semantics. At 40-50m or whatever we want to call medium range I kill more efficiently with a HA. Hell, I would even engage a MAX at that range and most likely win. That is why I consider them "useless" at anything beyond 20 or 25m.

The issue is that they are dominating both infantry and other MAX units with the same weapon and that almost all MAX engagements happen within the rather narrow confines of a building, where it is far easier for a NC MAX to position for an in your face fight than it is for a TR or VS MAX to keep him within that magical range window in which you can hurt him decently while he can't do too much to you in return.

Imagine all capture points and travel routes within bases would, as opposed to what they actually are, be wide open and my MAX had a railgun that instakills infantry and puts a MAX down to 25% HP in one shot at 50m with a reload time of 3-4 seconds. It would be silly, no matter if it is a railgun that should "obviously dominate" at that range, simply because there would be no real way to counter or circumvent it. Just because things are what they are it doesn't mean I can put them wherever I please and then claim they fit in perfectly when they do what they do.

Well, this is not really about some 1on1 fight. At least not for me. Cover, no cover, 5m or 50m. Those are all random parameters that literally change in every encounter and it doesn't really matter here. A single MAX that runs around somewhere and that I may or my not kill depending on circumstances X, Y and Z is and never has been a problem. I am talking about capturing a base. A decent outfit will often fill a Biolab (or similar bases) with those things and I would really like to know how you plan to use cover and keep your range when walking through a door or something basic like that. If you even survive the first 3 steps out of the teleporter room, that is.

Fact of the matter is that the areas where MAX fights matter the most almost always force you into the optimal range of the NC MAX via their layout and given its dominance vs. infantry and MAX units alike under those circumstances that just doesn't work out too well.

I think that's what i said, yes.
  13. whitupiggu

Sad part is I can't tell if you are trolling or are just a typical TR player.
  14. Bankrotas

You know what, I stopped caring about balance that much. Don't really care if game's balanced, as long as my gun audio stays the same.
  15. mazty

How are you even arguing this point? I've taken all three races into VR training and NC LMG's with the compensator and advanced fore grip crap all over the TR LMG's.
  16. SeasickSand

"Ignorant ignorant ignorant look at me i'm so smart". Say what you must about me, but...
    I call BS on what you say. Few weapons have the advanced forward grip and those weapons get beat up at close range. The factions make you play different as a main idea. I play NC and i check out the weapons of both TR and VS in the vr-range as well and claiming that with attachments NC weapons become blatantly better than the TR-s ones is a lie, which you are endorsing.
    The Gauss-Saw is one weapon which can get a compensator, advanced forward grip and high-velo ammo. Even with all that, you have to maintain a bursting mode, and are easily counterable. With thoes attachments the Gauss Saw is a good weapon for medium to long ranges, but close-range you can't do much. TR weapons can upgrade the just the same and be just as menacing if not more.
    The TR T16 Rhino for also has the advanced forward grip. No compensator, but without it, equal to the Saw. This is not the TR default LMG, but just as the NC start with a bolt-action sniper, TR and VS start off with a semi-auto. Weapons that do exactly the same are available for all factions.
    If the TR LMG would have a compensator and adv.forward grip, it would just be op, because it already has more ROF and less vertical recoil.
  17. whitupiggu

The TMG gets a compensator and has less vertical recoil than the SAW as well as a forward grip while having the same horizontal recoil as the SAW. You have no idea what you are talking about.
  18. mazty

Not semantics as much as mercy's really do dominate max's when it comes to ranged engagements I've found.

If you're a good player then face-to-face confrontations shouldn't be an issue. Don't race around corners, keep sprint for when you need, and pick your fights well. If you're in a biolab, try drawing scatter maxes out into more unfavourable terrain. I've never had an issue doing this and am fully aware that if I run face first into a NC Max, the issue was my rushing into an unknown situation. The railgun scenario isn't applicable because with good gameplay, you can circumvent many issues that arise from NC Maxes.

Biolab covered in them? How does C4 sound? Or AP mines? Concussion grenades & grenades = hilarity.

NC Maxes shouldnt be nerfed because players aren't good enough to deal with them appropriately.
  19. FightingFirst

Infantry wise I feel that everything is pretty balanced. As a TR player I think that NC having shotty max's are fine, in my opinion they dont need a nerf. I do feel that tanks are in need of a buff. In fact, I think tanks and ESFs need a complete redesign i.e split rocket pods to AP and AI but fielding rocket pods slow you down whilst equipping AA pods gives an increase in speed etc.
  20. mazty

The TMG doesn't get the advanced fore grip which near enough negates most vertical recoil. I'll make a video and prove just how ignorant/incompetent you are.

You equip HV ammo and complain about CQC damage. Wow, you really are a joke.