Why the Phoenix is AWESOME !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ElegantMess, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Scorponok

still the pheonix should not kill a ESF in 1 hit...it was fine the way it was...except the infantry killing that is, that was just lame.
  2. Goretzu

It's very easy to hit a stationary aircraft (as in that video), hitting a moving one is another issue though.

Bascially to hit a moving one you've got to get lucky really, i.e. the pilot turns directly into your rockets path, as otherwise an aircraft simply outpaces the rocket and you've only got 300m maxium range not counting any turning reducing that.

In most cases where you can hit an aircraft with a Pheonix, you actually have a pretty good chance of hitting it with a dumbfire launcher too.
  3. McJackson

Hey, great demonstration on how not to use the Phoenix. You know, standing on the most visible spot available for everyone to snipe you in the head...
    • Up x 1
  4. redpoint

Doesn't anyone of you realise that this video is staged?
    I'm not stating that it is impossible to do these shots. You can pull of very ridiculous kills with the phoenix. But i can't believe that people are arguing about it, based on a promotional video. :D
    • Up x 1
  5. ColdCheezePizza

that esf pilot was hovering like a sitting duck, deserved to die. The Lib pilot was just beyond bad, all he had to do was make a right turn and continue going after the first hit and the slow as lib would have out run an even slower phoenix missile. A solo Lancer and striker would have owned that lightning just as fast of not faster, if he would have missed just one shot, it would have been able to escape the miserable 300m range fast as lightnings are.

Funnest launcher to use by a mile, but far from OP.

and yes staged is staged, any mildly populated continent and you would have been sniped after the first shot on that peak. Also an AV turret with any kind of reload speed certs would have done the same thing faster and has longer range and unlimited ammo.
  6. Aegie

The Pheonix never really hits ESF anyway so I really do not see this as an issue.
  7. ElegantMess

And you sir are the WINNER !
  8. Excidium

I did not know the phoenix missle traveled that slow. Might have to go try it out as I am excellent at hitting helios and planes in BF3 with the TV guided rocket in the chopper.