Nanite Systems Magnum Concept!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SturmovikDrakon, Jan 17, 2013.

1. PaperPlanes

If you're good at making your shots land, this will be probably considered the best pistol for all classes. Most of the time when someone goes to a pistol, the enemy is almost dead already, it would be better to be able to drop him in 1 shot from a powerful revolver than to need to pelt him multiple times with one of the regular pistols.

I've gotten pretty good with my Manticore, but I'd definitely go for a heavy hitting, low capacity sidearm instead. This seems to be true for every FPS. In Goldeneye, back in the day, everyone wanted the .44 Magnum. In CS, the Desert Eagle is the standard that everyone lives by in competitive play, with many pros opting to buy it in the pistol round because it has always been so good. Find any FPS and you'll see nearly everyone goes for the low capacity, powerful handguns.

That said in some games where you can have a small SMG as your secondary, those are often good choices as well. I'd also love to see PS2 get a machine pistol secondary, I loved using the Glock 18 in BF3.
  2. Xocolatl

Yup.. I'm a DE fiend in CS. Actually, most people in my clan are. Actually, most people in my country are too. Most of us don't even bother with AR until 4th or 5th round in. It's all body armor, DE, and grenades until then. But yeah..if I get the magnum, my INF will probably retire his rifle almost completely, since I usually go for mid range support rather than sniping role.
  3. Cirevam

I was going to get the Rebel during the next sale. Now I probably won't... once we get stats for this beauty of a gun then I'll decide.
  4. Rocketpig3

Awww hell yeah
  5. Veri

NS weapons = less resources used at SOE.
  6. Zaik

dem necroz
  7. FlayvorOfEvil

Reminds me more of this
    [IMG]
  8. Shockwave44

That's what it will be after its nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  9. illgot

then following a week later the new faction based pistols will be released
  10. Shockwave44

Well, I was using it as a pun... because its a nerf gun :)
  11. Zotamedu

You know what that means right? DOUBLE FLASH LIGHTS!
  12. illgot

you may have been using it as a pun, but I'm cynical for a reason when it comes to weapons and SOE.
  13. Shockwave44

That's why I thought what you said was funny because it wouldn't be the first time that happened.
  14. AltF4Fun

The should put the nerf letters on the real one too,just to troll the comunity:p
  15. illgot

as much as I believe this gun will be nerfed, it just looks too cool to pass up, and being account wide makes it worth it, especially if the VS and NC pistols aren't what I am expecting.
  16. rickampf

I Like it!
  17. Rocketpig3

Just saying in roadmap there is an empire specific pistol post and it has a fully auto TR pistol in it.
  18. DiabolicalDerper

the terran republic will get a fully auto pistol in june i think