Where is the line between a suspiciously good player and a blatant cheater?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dictatorfish, Mar 31, 2013.

1. ChaosRender

For me if you want to prove it is a Aimbot there is one way I know of that they can not hide, How many assists they have. I have nver seen a honest player with out a fair number of assist we all miss and people get away, However aim bots dont miss so people never get away. My favorite is a player with 19,000 kills and 650 assists, So roughly one in every 33 people he shots at get away the rest all die.

But I rarely see Aimbots other that the very careful ones, who have been around for months.
  2. AltF4Fun

1000 hours?:confused:For real now
  3. Rebelgb

Suspect for sure. Unless its a bolt action snipe, that high a head shot count says 'Aimbot'....over and over and over...REPORT. Thanks.
  4. Cl1mh4224rd

You're, uhh... You're just proving his point. You might want to read up on the Dunning–Kruger effect; it's quite an interesting bit of psychology.
  5. Cryosin

I've filled my killboard a few times with kills before, but I gotta say that definitely looks suspect. Especially the headshot part.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tasogie

I have no interest in that rubbish mate.fFct is, the so called best players", are using aimbots speed hacks etc, its only way they know how to play.m People don't want to believe it for whatever reason, be it their doing same thing or whatever. I don't much care.
  7. Eugenitor

Yup, he's cheating.

No, he's not "just that good". Neither are most of the other people you suspect of cheating. If you ever play games where people don't cheat, you know the difference. In PS2, where hit detection is client side, it's harder to tell, but if someone just suddenly magically shoots you dead from an implausible range with an implausible weapon, yup, he's cheating.

And it's really easy not to get banned as a cheater when you're not as blatant as this. There aren't very many GMs, the number of aimbots is large, and all the insidious aimbot users turn theirs down to "few headshots".
  8. Itermerel

so with a bit of sherlocking I found the name of the guy in question.

his killboard is really strange, at one point he dies 10x in a row without getting any kills.... very strange activity lol
  9. Phrygen

Except you care enough to post about it, in a thread that has nothing to do with it beyond being a indicator of potential hacking......
  10. Tasogie

I simply commented on the fact that as kdr is used in PS2, an it is also seen by some as an indicator of hacking, while others rate it as meaning they are something special in life...
  11. Zan_Aus

One implausible shot isn't enough, I've gotten some completely impossible kills at random times, like SMGing someone to death at 200m just through sheer luck of where the COF decided to place bullets.

This guy though? Yeah hacker. Both the headshots and the no assists thing.

If they weren't all headshots I'd say OK maaaaaybe, an LA can get some crazy runs of killstreaks in places like a biolab by sitting on the roofs inside. Done it myself. However, an AF19 isn't a headshot type weapon (even when you're firing down on people from above).
    • Up x 1
  12. ent|ty

I have my own tests to see if someone is hacking. Usually it begins because they NEVER make a mistake, they NEVER get tricked or flanked, and they seem to be in the right place at the right time.

The problem with PS2 is, it has enough built-in hax, like yellow skins (IF and NV) to see you easier, to SCOUT radar on almost every vehicle now (saw an ESF parked below or mid on BioLab functioning as radar), so its hard to tell.
  13. joe smo

I don't know about you but I am sure most of the people here saw the K/D, assumed he was cheating, then saw the picture of his kills and confirmed he was cheating.
    K/D only helps with blatant cheaters IMO
  14. JokeForgrim

Thats not true.

Im no beast or anything, but the Mercinary has a wicked recoil pattern and decent damage. If you can learn to control it you just aim centre mass and the recoil carries you to the head consistently at most ranges.

I used love this gun. Remember that NC guns have high damage so he only has to hit 2-3 bullet on the head to get a Kill (ie. Spray at their head) or just go full auto on the upper body, 2-3 bullets recoil (low RoF high recoil (NC trait)) carries you to the head for the last bullet + headshot damage multiplier = dead + Consistent headshots.

If you are truly worried as was stated earlier look at his accuracy. If its over 50% then this is probably not the case, If its under then he has more than likely LEARNED to use the gun well.
  15. xGreedFuSioN

So I'm a good player even though my kdr is .6-8?
  16. Rhyl

People talking about the no assist thing.. this isn't totally true. For some reason some people aren't having assists show up. My wife, in all her time playing, has 0 assists. Which is odd because she's not very good just plays for fun and gets pretty much nothing but assists.
  17. Phrygen

stay bitter my friend.

Also, it appears the guy in question is rather new to the game...
  18. rumblepit

id say closer to 1200,,,, i have 820 hrs in game atm, + i know i had over 300 hrs in beta...

ive seen alot of stats, and the avg kill to head shot is around 15%..... this is due to cof , bloom,and recoil.

its easy to spot the vip hackers, because they set their headshots to 30%, 50% ,,, this is very noticeable in game and can be confirmed by checking stats and doing math.
  19. illgot

Story Time:

I played APB and then APB Reloaded since beta. I always considered myself average against most players, horrible against the top ranking players.

Innova, a Russian company purchased the rights to publish APB Reloaded and I tested the game out because I heard their anti-cheat program Frost worked well with the GMs they have in game nearly 24/7.

Hopped on to their servers, couldn't understand a thing people were saying, but I went from average on the G1 servers to a top ranking player on the Innova servers. This was not after months of playing, this was me, 1 hour into the game with basic weapons against the Russian players who had all the upgrades.

It was a shock to me that I was in reality a great player when no one was cheating. I could flank players, I could sneak up and use hit and run tactics, and best part was, opponents missed.

I'll bet 100% of the top players in this game are cheating. Playing a game I knew well on cheat infested servers for 2 years then playing the same game on servers with literally no cheats woke me up to the fact that there are a lot of closet cheaters that are only good at hiding how much they cheat.
    • Up x 1
  20. FigM