TX1 Repeater

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hawken is better, Mar 31, 2013.

1. hawken is better

This is primarily aimed at NC/VS players, but Terran opinions are also welcome.

Generally speaking, how do you feel about this weapon?
  2. Scorponok

it owns in close combat..medium range..useless :p
  3. JesNC

Crazy good gun!
  4. VanuSovereignty

It is the best pistol in the game.

Generally attempting to use a pistol at range is an awful idea.
  5. Cougarbrit

It's damn good up close, doesn't feel like good bullet economy though. Also it ain't right useful beyond CQC, I'll rarely ever resort to it in a fight over more than a few metres as it's generally better just to spend time on a long reload of my primary than bother wasting ammo like that, only exception is if the target can be finished off by one or two repeater rounds.

I'd need to spend some time with the NC pistols though, as our TX2 Emperor is basically a knock off ****** version of theirs and I feel potential with that gun, I'd think I could get a lot more versatility out of their pistols.

In comparison to the beamer though? Heh. VS must be damn thankful for their short reloads, because that ain't gonna win a lot of pistol fights.
  6. Astraka

It is a great 'oh crap' firearm for short ranges. I just don't like how the TX1 'Bullethose' takes nearly half a magazine to down a player if all of your bullets hit, and possible an entire magazine or more if they don't. I would love the pistol if it had a slower ROF & had less ammunition but was more accurate & did a little more damage - kind of like the Magsec 4 from Perfect Dark.
  7. TimeyWimey

It's awesome up close, but loses accuracy at range fast.
  8. Kiekeboe

I barely use it, I prefer mine main weapon when I go kill someone.... Only time i use it is when im on infil and some guy pops infront of me when i'm sniping but im usually dead before I can pull the weapon out.

You almost never see someone running with this weapon to get in a fight. Before those infil weps you would see infils running with the pistol but now there all using the new weapons :p
  9. Dusty Lens

It's amazing at shooting down Phoenix rockets.
  10. Stargazer86

I absolutely love the Repeater. It tears through opponents at the ranges you should be using a pistol at. Run out of ammo for your main gun? Bam, switch to Repeater and you can quite easily finish them off. Even if you're out of ammo entirely, the Repeater is a plenty good pistol all on its own.

The Emperor just pales in comparison, in my opinion.
  11. Tamas

Before SMG there was the repeater
  12. Sebyos

Well it's the best Pistol in the game. I'm surprised people haven't made OP threads about it lol.
  13. MarioO

I like the NC pistol much more, because it does more damage and is more accurate. The iron sights of the NC pistol sucks, though.

The Repeater is quite useful if you stand very close to the enemy, but that's only if your out of knifing range but don't have a chance to get to cover and reload.
    If you get very close to your enemy and you know that one knife hit won't be enough it's a nice thing to have, though. But how many times does something like that happen...?

So while the repeater is very situational you can use the NC pistol even in greater distances (I still prefer reloading, though).
  14. ArcMinuteLight

Beyond 5 meters you'd be better off using the knife instead.
    Seriously, its that short range.:eek:
    Its one of the few weapons that actually represent a faction properly though.:)
  15. Izriul

Why the **** are people crying that it's only good at CQC? it's a ******* pistol, what do you expect, that's what you have a PRIMARY weapon for!

It is leaps and bounds above other pistols. With the TR trait of already having more ammo in their primary, it not only compliments it amazingly, it has absolutely awesome synergy with it too.

There is absolutely no excuse to lose to a VS/NC player wielding a pistol when it comes to a sidearm firefight.

This weapon also makes TR infiltrators who have chosen the sniping route a lot more versatile than the other two factions (With a proper bolt action rifle, don't give me the rubbish how the stock sniper sucks, so does VS's) and ultimately, makes the class a very devastating CQC combatant. The pistol can give a lot of primary weapons a run for it's money in CQC also.

Game is pretty balanced IMO, always have been, but one of the glaringly big advantages in factions is this weapon.

The sad fact is, I bet the majority of TR don't even know it has a select fire and is pretty damn good on single shot also, it's not going to top the other factions in that category (Actually, I don't know, but I wouldn't expect it to) but there is absolutely zero reason to.

There is nothing bad to say about this pistol, at all, it's not only a solid sidearm, it's a crazy good one and owns so much synergy when comparing with extra bullets in a mag, or the infiltrator, or any class with a slow RoF weapon. Any TR who complains about this weapon is biased beyond belief. I really do hope that the NS bring out a burst pistol that's on par with this.
  16. Selerox

See above.

At close range (which is where most pistol fights happen), they are crazily effective.
  17. Phrygen

i dislike it considerably, but then again the VS one is worse.

were i using pistols often, i would go with the Emperor instead. Also the TX2 emperor has nice iron sites (compared to the NC rebel)

NC have the best pistols. Rebel is a boss
  18. ClickMe

It's a pocket SMG that every TR gets for free.
    • Up x 1
  19. FateJH

If you hammer the fire button, you can make it act like an accurate automatic weapon. It's like walking around with two bullet hoses.
  20. FnkyTwn

Before SMGs were released, most TR Infiltrators ran around exclusively with the Repeater
    because it was so effective. TR have always tried their hardest to downplay having the best
    default Pistol in the game. TR would probably say that the Beamer is better because they're
    trying to avoid people calling for a nerf.

Within Pistol range, nothing beats the Repeater.