I have to say - the "T2 striker" is ridiculous! specially against air

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shimiii, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Shimiii

the weapon of TR, the "T2 striker" is ridiculous! specially against air!
    its way overpower!, have too nerf it!, no need skills to blow up things in a second!!

and another thing, the game give to heavy assault many kinds of rockers, even the engineer get antitank turret!
    too many rockets everywhere!!
    so what with more armor to vehicles??

idea:
    they can do X2 line that cost 750 or 1000 certs, and after you buy this on your lightning or aircraft or something else
    you can use 2 equipments like: side armor+ front armor, or side armor+ anti tank mines and Etc

its not overpower! specially after the 100 kinds of rockets we have in this game!
    • Up x 2
  2. Paperlamp

The tracking method - following the target's path - for it actually makes it easier to avoid the missiles according to multiple pilots on these forums. Tanks and air with cover can duck behind it to lead the rockets into hitting the terrain instead of them, which is what happens fairly often. When you do get all 5 rockets hitting a target it's good damage for a lock-on though. I think it's an upgrade to the annihilator, but I don't think it's overpowered currently.
    • Up x 4
  3. Zaik

holy crap get flares, I thought they were pretty much already mandatory with a2a missiles being an instant win if you don't.
  4. LonelyTerran

http://1.bp.************/_FZVvgFCIxXM/TD5qPdtzViI/AAAAAAAAABE/Ht-VwGQ6bjY/s1600/confused-full.jpg
    • Up x 14
  5. Kortan

How about you dont play like a sped?
  6. BlueSkies

You know it takes a few seconds to get a lock yeah? before you get to watch your rockets slam into the ground/tree/wall/shrub that the target moves 1m towards.

It is, however, highly effectual against bad/afk players.
    • Up x 2
  7. Nirallus

It takes time to lock on, time for the missiles to get to you (lots of time to take advantage of their awful tracking), and time for the user to fire five weak missiles instead of one. The damage output from a single launcher is anemic, and if you have multiple heavies firing these at you, and you're in the open with no flares / IR smoke, you deserve to get your vehicle melted.
  8. Forkyar24

lock on time sucks for the striker,damage against anything sucks,take a chill pill and calm down.
  9. Tasogie

yer, I routinely get crushed in my Sythe by that ****. Usually I am flying at full speed over base, when I get a lock on of about 2 seconds max, an ,......Dead.
  10. LonelyTerran

Strikers travel in packs.

Watcha expect?:eek::eek::eek:

Glory to the Empire!
  11. SpaceKing

Learn to scrape missiles, or use flares :3

But yeah, the Striker isn't overpowered, the people who use it have these things called 'friends' which come equipped with Strikers.

Honestly I think 60% of Striker ******** is just the OH GOD WHAT THE HELL A SWARM OF GIANT RED BEES ARE CHASING ME effect it has.
  12. Notyoz Tacoz

Or better yet, learn Basic Threat Avoidance 101 for Fighter Pilots. Don't BE an easy target and you wont become an easy target for your enemy. Fighters have speed, maneuverability and flares as a very good assest against anything lock-on. Also helps to use teamwork, our Outfit has a dedicated Air Squad and we're constantly communicating back and forth, and we actually use comms to warn them about heavy AA threats in the area and likewise call them in when there's easy targets in the open that we can't otherwise engage. Rarely here complaints from those guys about locks-on or any other AA threats, cause they fly smart and stay informed about ground conditions and they DO NOT just blindly fly into an area with a Platoon full of Lock-ons or various other AA threats!
  13. Teegeeack

The Striker is a good example of an ESFL. Every faction has the option of a lock-on launcher, but the TR get one that is significantly better than the default. People were complaining of how unoriginal the Striker was when he came out. If only the Phoenix and Lancer were so unoriginal, we mightn't have had so much complaints and bickering.
  14. Eclipson

Woah woah woah, we got the NC nerfed, can we take a break for like a month? The TR had our turn already with the Prowler nerf. Just use flares. Also, if you don't have flares, quickly fly to the ground, as close as possible, the missles will hit the hill side. Problem solved. Don't even need fllares.
  15. Robes

No, its VSs turn.
  16. Papio

VS needs nerfs like I need a new hole in my head.

Love Papio TR for life.
  17. Robes

I believe everybody can agree their butts are way to perfect.
    • Up x 2
  18. TacCom98

Genetic Engineering my friend. First on the list of priorities was for perfect bootys. Next is to increase the metabolism so we always have a perfect figure :p

Hail Vanu for super-model soldiers. :D
  19. Kimgibbler

Hey bad pilots, just dive when you get a lock warning. This makes every rocket slam into the ground because of the predictive pathing.
  20. Marinealver

I find it redicilous that they didn't had these empire specific anti vehicle weapons at launch. Talk about finishing the other half of the game.