[Suggestion] Fix existing MAX AV Weapons

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Stigler, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Stigler

The damage of the existing MAX AV weapons needs a slight buff, they are more effective at sniping infantry and they net better xp vs infantry than when used as dual AV full time vs vehicles, these weapons are not working in the role intended, as you can tell by the stats on their use in game I am sure. Any buff even a mild one would still leave these weapons as underwhelming but more useful and not even close to overpowered.

Please buff these default MAX AV weapons BEFORE trying to sell us new ones. Many MAX users have tried to make use of the dual AV weapons and they are just not good enough for their intended role. As you would know if you played any of the MAXES as dual AV, it is highly situational, and with the XP being awarded for the final shot, the MAX loses 90% of the time to a rocket even if he got the vehicle down 3/4's of its health.

Even a small positive number change to the direct armor damage would leave these still underpowered but more useful. Check your stats on their use, I am sure they confirm what I say 110%.

So please fix the existing MAX AV weapons before trying to sell us new ones.
    • Up x 3
  2. JudgeDeath

I very much doubt it.

It will be helped when the max balance roadmap hits, 700 SC / 1000 Certs per hand.
    • Up x 2
  3. Stigler

The sad thing is they will nerf everything that is cried about being to strong, but they wont fix a weapon that obviously cannot fulfill its intended tole.

As AV/AA I have no issues getting xp, I swap to AV rarely when I see an opportunity, even hitting close/med/long range many times, you will rarely get the xp for the kill, even as support all it does harass. I get more XP for infantry kills or the occasional MAX, that was not the intended role of AV anti-armor weapon.
  4. Jaeger41

They should offer the option of certing into high-velocity armor-piercing ammo for the existing AV weapons. Something with less arc and less splash damage, and more impact damage.
  5. Blackinvictus

I've been playing my Dual falcon Max all weekend and have been having a blast (no pun intended) with him, used to be my third choice weapon set for Max, now my first. Used to only pull in special situations as well but this weekend changed my mind.

My thoughts:

-Firing up a hill or high: mostly worthless
    -Firing on even ground: fairly worthless
    -On a hill or higher elevation than your prey: Godlike
    -Guarding a point, say on stairs facing a doorway: Godlike, aint **** getting in there without a LOT of coordination. If you have an engi, they are NOT getting up the stairs

Can lock down an area of infantry or even a few of armor single handed.

One shots infantry, and splash damage is excellent. The confusion factor is great because nobody expects its coming from that far off NC Max

In regards to vehicles, they are indeed pretty weak, but hasnt stopped me from killing them. I do have to move around though, my eight shots (more because if you are point blank, you are most likely dead, and that vehicle isn't going to just stand still) to kill a tank and his 1 shot to kill me seems a little imbalanced. I'll not complain about the rockets cause we can both 1 shot each other which seems pretty balanced.
  6. Stigler

Thats great.

I can snipe dots with the Comets, I can get xp and get kills on vehicles too. This was a thread on buffing the MAX AV weapons, not how good YOU are with them, lol. This happens every thread, then if this is actually gets read by a dev, (which it will not) your post leads them to believe everything is fine, which it is not.

The default AV weapons need to be buffed/fixed BEFORE they try to sell us new ones.

All they have to do is change a couple numbers for gosh sakes.

If they used their STATS like they did when the nerfed the Magriders, I am sure the stats for MAX AV weapons are TEN times worse for use, and xp per hour.
  7. Olek

I think they should redesign the current "HE grenades" to actually be HE grenades, as an anti infantry weapon, basically the equivalent of a 40mm grenade launcher.

Then they should design a rocket launcher for the MAX, for use on one arm only, dumb fire.
    • Up x 1
  8. Purg

I agree with the cert options but I don't think the NC or the VS MAX AV weapons are all that bad. I quite like the Falcon. It's the TR one I have issue with. Drop is too great.

If we could manually select a convergence range ourselves, large part of the problem solved.
  9. MaxDamage

Who the hell tries to snipe infantry with a TR AV MAX?
  10. MrIDoK

Oh, let's take a look at the Wiki.
    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/M8_Pounder_SKEP -> AP Pounder
    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Meteor -> AP Comet
    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Eagle -> AP Falcon

Always the same. Remove a useless stat (splash radius, already too small to be useful), buff the useful ones (direct hit damage and probably bullet speed) and there you go, here's your new weapon. Totally a sidegrade.
  11. Jaeger41

Yeah, those are from beta I believe. Problem is, if SOE goes that route (separate weapons) then it will cost you 700SC or 1000 Certs per arm to get them. If SOE makes it a certable ammo upgrade to the existing weapons, then the cost will likely be only 150-250 certs per arm.
  12. MrIDoK

Option 1 -> moar $$$$ for SOE;
    Option 2 -> less $$$$ for SOE;

What option will they pick?
  13. Paperlamp

Or just AV styled after bursters
  14. desktop

the pounder should have at least 4 rounds. they do crap all damage to anything as it is.
  15. carbonite

My suggestions for MAX AV weapons:

Terran Republic:
    Self Propelled Anti Tank
    Pounder HEG/SKEP
    Both Pounder HEG and Pounder SKEP would be morphed into the same weapon. In turn, the MAX would have the ability to switch between the two ammo types on the fly. Reason being is that the HEG rounds would be purely CQC engagements with tanks, whereas the SKEP would be for engaging tanks at longer range.

New Conglomerate:
    Self Propelled Anti Tank
    Falcon/Eagle
    Falcon and Eagle would get the same treatment as the HEG and SKEP launchers got. They would be fused into one cannon giving the operator to switch between which ammo type he wants depending on the situation. Falcon would fire a HESH/SQUASH round that would straight devastate armor at close ranges. The Eagle would fire a kinetic sabot round better at annihilating armor at longer ranges.

Vanu Sovereignty:
    Self Propelled Ant Tank
    Comet
    Comet fires high energy fusion charged bolts of plasma that smelts through all forms of armor, even reactive armor. The weapon fires at a moderate rate, and has a moderate clip.
    Meteor
    Meteor is a lock-on multiple plasma launcher, that fires off a volley of sticky plasma bolts. Each volley consist of three bolts, with a reload necessary after each volley's discharge.

More info can be found here.
  16. ColdCheezePizza

Falcons are pretty underrated as an AI weapon, but against armor they leave much to be desired, it seems my AV turret does way more damage with one missile than dual Falcons. I guess since the first one is free, SOE would rather release a new hyped V2 AV and sell you 2 of them instead of balancing the current one.
  17. Pikachu

My change.

Falcon
    +32% damage (from 750 to 990)
    -28% reload time (2.5 to 1.8)

Pounder
    +36% damage (from 375 to 510)
    +67% indirect damage (from 150 to 250)

Comet
    +32% damage (from 550 to 725)
    +32% indirect damage (from 200 to 264)
    -28% reload time (1,75 to 1,25)

-50% maximum ammo for all.
    Remove the reduction of damage against nearby infantry.
  18. mindbomb

im actually fine with the dmg.
    what i want is:
    faster reload
    alignment with crosshairs (shooting straight)
    faster projectile
  19. Evil Monkey

I'm sure, new, improved AV weapons will come along in due course that will make the old ones obsolete.

I hear NC are getting a Pheonix arm.
  20. Disinclined

Max AV is fine. IMO it's where AV should be. The AV with the HA's and engineers, and all the mines/C4 classes have access to needs to be toned down tremendously.