[NC] Getting 6,000 SC tomorrow. What to buy?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kylesal18, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheRealMetalstorm

SC just doesn't quite cut it out right now. The game's still too immature for me to feel safe when purchasing with real world currency.
    I'm just risk-adverse when it comes to online gaming, but what keeps me away is how things are released in such an overpowered fashion or otherwise released in such an underpowered fashion that more often than not, your $7 "virtual item" (that's like, a good home cooked meal) can be rendered mediocre or no longer suiting your gameplay style.
    However, infantry weapons are relatively safe IMO, except for shotguns - I don't want to use them because to me they feel cheap to kill with, and although it is pretty miserable at long ranges (duh) it's pretty frustrating and un-fun for my adversaries in close range.

ok, rambling over.

I say that the NC14 is fine because it's only really good for cert farming - the semi-automatic (cheapest one) is the actual squad support weapon that does much higher DPS during actual combat situations (as opposed to farming a zerg)
    Also, you can't really snipe heads reliably past 100m in this game (against moving, non-****** targets). It sounds nearby, but this is what a 420m snipe looks like: (you'll see an awesome infiltrator run, if you look for Suddenly Prowler by the same video poster)

Also: Just get the vortek. Helps you start flying. Trust me. Might not think it's worth now, but hell, breaker pods and vortek (M30 when you're really really good) are great purchases and tools IMO. Doesn't take a genius to use it against stupid targets to help your squad, but if you wanna use them pods in really hot areas you gotta be experienced. Very experienced.

Anyway, Bulldogs have really impressive splash damage/radius. Fury has very bad drop coupled with almost no splash. IMO the default M20 has a higher average DPS than the fury, since you can reliably hit at nearly all ranges with practice, and can effectively take out infantry. However, for AI work, I suggest a combination of the bulldog and the kobalt. Really, test the kobalt in VR, you'll see how impressive it is for its price.

For the bulldog/fury comparison, it's best to take it to VR and test it out. Pick a random target and try to land your first few shots on him. Do it as fast as you can, since you can't take your time in an actual situation. My experience says that Bulldog + Kobalt = great infantry defense, but never bring that setup outside a base or building. 2x Basilisks (default HMG on sundy) are more or less lethal to any noobie tank willing to duel an experienced sunderer driver. Surprisingly effective against aircraft that hang around as well.

Good luck.

P.s. I play mainly TR. my NC is BR10, but I know enough about the weapons (VR) and my weapons to conclude.
  2. TheRealMetalstorm

Nope, it's very very accurate (G30 Walker, NOT the G-40F Ranger) and it's deadly against air. I use one when I play organised ops with the half-platoon I regular.
    I actually get a lot of ESF kills manning it.
    But it isn't fair since I fly mostly, so I know the leading needed and the general behaviour of ESFs.

Also, the G30 Walker is very effective against infantry too, but can't aim low enough usually. Kobalt's much better in that sense.
  3. C0L0NELH0GAN

You definatly have to grab a Phoenix Rocketlauncher to onehitkill Infantry from far away in your safty corner AND
    you have to buy the Claw - its the oneshotkillpumpactionshotgun which also ruined the game because without it youre screwed in CQC AND
    you have to buy the twotime Scattercannon with Slugammo for the onehitkillnoskill ScatterMAX

No ironic, no sarkasm, no mocking - I would buy that with my NC Alt if i would have 6000SC!
  4. FreelancePanic

The Ranger, that's the one which fires spitballs.

The Walker needed two buffs to get to the point where it's now, a mostly respectable weapon.
  5. irishroy

6. TheRealMetalstorm

Go to VR, try out LC3 Jaguar with adv laser and 1x reflex.

Be jelly.
  7. Czuuk

TV rockets.
  8. Aegie

Even though I use it a lot I would say the Rebel is not worth it and you may as well wait for the NS Revolver.

The Rebel will do 250 damage at max damage (highest small arms, non-shotgun non-sniper damage in the game) but only has 8 rounds per mag and a slow ROF- this results in significantly less DPS than the default Mag-shot with 200 damage per round but 15 in the clip and a faster ROF.

The GD-7f has one of the highest DPS ratings in the game so it is a beast in that regard- only it has not so great accuracy (especially compared to other NC weapons) and with having 845RPM and only 30 in the mag with no extended mag options you may find yourself wanting in the ammo department. Still, with advanced laser sight the GD-7f can hold its own in mid to CQC range if you are careful not to use too many unnecessary shots.

I trialed the new NS-11C last night and that seems like a solid all around mid range weapon- with a foregrip (no advanced foregrip option) and high velocity ammo it is relatively easy (compared to other NC weapons) to keep a bead on headshots at mid range. Moreover, as NS this would be an account wide unlock. I do not have my real experience with this one though, just my initial impression.

I would recommend the PAS but with all the complaining on the forums this purchase would be risky due to nerf herders. You may want to consider the Blitz, even though you have the Cyclone, because 60 rounds in the mag with soft point and laser sights will provide you with a solid CQC weapon, likely out of the nerf danger zone at least at the moment, that can put down multiple targets per reload.
  9. nick779

for heavy try the em6, and the em1 as they both are pretty good. the gd7f is good, but i find myself running out of ammo way too fast. 845 rpm is unnecessary, and id look for something more in the middle of rpm, try it in the VR area
    id grab a shotgun of sorts, some sundy anti air and a grenade launcher. the anti vehicle turret since its a common pool, and the dumbfire common pool launcher.

then id buy a max burster arm and 2 hacksaws.

I like the la80 because it has a shorter reload then the longshot, but thats up to you
  10. beefrobo

Don't buy ANYTHING. At least not right away. Buy the vehicle starter pack and the infantry starter pack if you don't have them already, they are 2000SC each very worth it I feel. There is also a Mercenary Bundle coming out in 4 days which has one shotgun and one SMG in it. Probably will be 800 to 1000SC? Other than that only buy bundles and stuff that's on a daily sale.

Think of it like this. The Shotgun and the SMG each sell for 700SC. You buy the bundle and it costs say 1000SC, that's really 500SC a weapon. THEN divide that by whatever you bought SC at, for you 2 so you're only spending 250SC for each weapon. For me it's like 1.66 or something as I bought SC back on the x3 SC day.

SAVIN' MONEY!
  11. irishroy

go to VR training area and test our dubblehackMAXwithextendedmagsandslugs.
    be
    [IMG]

;)
  12. Xind

MAKE SURE THE CARD SAYS INCLUDES 500 SC BONUS! But yes, the bonus is doubled or tripled also!
    • Up x 2
  13. TomaHawk

right on, thanks for this.
  14. Gustavo M

All I have to say Is: Focus your virtual purchases as the same as you would when buying a chocolate bar: It's yummy, taste, doesn't last forever and you want to devour It as soon as possible.
  15. TheRealMetalstorm

sorry to be a wet blanket, but they're getting balanced soon lol
  16. SgtBreastroker

I'd get the Engy AV Mana Turret and other MAX arm Burster as they are both NS.
  17. Accuser

I play all three factions, so when I spend SC I want it to be on something that works on all three. To that end, I recommend:
    Engineer AV turret
    Anything for the Liberator
    Anything for the Lightning
    Anything for the Sunderer
    MAX burster arm # 2
    NS-11c

And for NC specifically:
    The Phoenix looks like a -ton- of fun, even after it's nerfed.
    No sniper rifles... FFS man, the default is bolt action and it works great, unless you really want a semi-auto.
  18. Syphers

The longshot is worth it mostly if you like to lonewolf with a silencer your bullets will drop much less and the extra damage always help

The Rebel is crappy don't bother with it it's a downgrade
  19. Yidazen

If you are at an effective range with the longshot a silencer is not needed as you will not show up on the map. Silencers make too much drop which greatly affects aim. If you are within range to use a silencer you might as well just go SMG and go into the fray.
  20. Duff_Chimp

OMG, they killed Kenny! You bastards!

Hmm, can't buy skill with station cash. So what to buy. That's a real toughy.