cpu building help me lol

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ronald Miller, Mar 27, 2013.

1. PlumCrazy

I do not wanna burst your bubble I have the same processor and a 660 OC I get 15-25 FPS In big fights on Low or Ultra High. Do not expect to come in an get 40+ frames in this game. If you can return it and get a FX-8350 or 3570k or just wait for steamroller if you like AMD. Also I got my EVGA 660 OC for 230 and I believe its a little faster than a 560ti. Do not be disappointed with FPS it is SOE not your system , you can run every other game just fine. At this rate PS2 is gonna die within another year if SOE does not fix rendering
  2. Addsome

Ya man, im running a i5 3570k overclocked to 4.4GHz with a GTX 680 Lightning at 1202MHz and im getting as low as 35 FPS in HUGE battles. With that CPU you'll be lucky to hit 25 FPS maybe even lower in big battles. You really should of researched more as the i5 3570k is the best bang for your buck CPU for gaming.
  3. Zeke342

60fps PROBABLY will not happen with that build :/
    The GPU would be no problem with the right .ini settings (ultra settings, flora off, shadows off, render quality 75%).. when I was running the single 660 with a 3570k the lowest I'd drop was around the 30-40 (20fps right after the Mattherson merger).. with the SLI setup I'm at 100-120 in warpgate and maintaining 55fps+ in the largest battles (ultra settings, flora off, shadows off).

As for the 650 ti boost... It's pricing at around $170 for the reference design I believe, and will probably be around $200 from MSI.. LinusTechTips did a review of the 650ti boost and it did VERY well (signficantly better in most games actually) against the 660.. if I could go back 2 months I'd grab up 2 650ti boosts in a heart beat instead of the 660.. as long as MSI did their design of the card :)
    The BOOST wont have a hefty price tag because the 700 series is likely just a few months away.

Hopefully your system doesn't perform much worse than mine did when I was running the single 660.. but you never know.. mostly you just need to find the .ini settings that work for your systetm :) I can get 200fps at wargate and 100 in large battles.. but I don't want my game to look bad xD
  4. JebusRicecakes

you have gotten much misinformation my friend but these people know what they are talking about, your build needs some work, BUT something i haven't seen mentioned is that you have an AM3+ mobo which means you can ditch that outdated CPU and get an FX series CPU (make sure it is vishera i.e. 4300/6300/8320/8350 since these are the only ones worth getting) you would have been better off getting a intel if it is purely for this game but an 8350 is more than adequate for most games and with any luck this game will get better AMD optimization in the future
  5. BlackDove

You'll be able to play on high settings at 1920x1080 if you get a 660, but not with that CPU. A 560Ti runs the game fine at 1920x1080.

Get a good PSU too, from Seasonic or Delta. Avoid Thermaltake, which someone else recommended. They're overpriced junk. http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers

Do research and read reviews before you buy in the future.
  6. JasonBourne

Just looked at your motherboard specs and says it do 1333/1066/800.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231422

Disregard the Samsung RAM I recommended in my first post. 8GB is all you will need. The G.SKILL RAM is very reliable and good for its price.

Now the difference is that werzinator recommended a 660, while I wrote a 660 Ti. The Ti is a bit faster than the regular 660. Seeing as you were considering spending $260 on a two year old GPU, that is why I recommended the 660 Ti or 7950. The 7950 overclocks like crazy and could get up to 680 speeds depending on how lucky you get, but the 660 Ti has PhysX, which looks beautiful on this game, and still can get a decent overclock. However if you don't want to overclock I would just settle for a 660 Ti.

Go on Newegg and sign up for their newsletters. Sometimes there are really good deals on 660 Ti's. You can even go check out Slickdeals every day to see if there are any good deals.
  7. Paulus

:) what i meant was, you can buy whatever DVD drive you like, it will not make PS2 faster. For the purpose of this "will PS2 run ok?" thread it is irrelevent to include it in your build spec.
  8. TeknoBug

Oh boy, where do I begin.

I'm thrown back by the motherboard+CPU you bought, my goodness you bought a 3+ year old setup and could've gotten a 970 or 990 board with an FX 4300 for a similar price. Now with the power supply, looking at the +12V rails... I'm not sure what to say to that, 20A isn't enough for most cards these days, I make it a rule that I get ones with 40A per rail or more.

For the past 4 months while at a location site I've been playing on a Phenom II X6 1090T (OC'd to 3.8GHz) and this game had performance problems, now that I'm back home and swapped from an FX 8320 (played PS2 ok) to an Intel the game runs great aside the crash/freezes.
  9. RGEN

10. Yidazen

Guys im sure that we could all build him a computer for less than $1,000. However, this guy does not seem to be taking anything that we say into consideration unless it has "big" numbers. That means that an old video card that is in the "9xxx" is going to look like a better card than the 660ti. Also to run out and purchase that motherboard and cpu combo just proves that it is pointless to try and help. Some people just are too ashamed to ask for help and to take suggestions from people.
  11. Yidazen

Also if you think that what you build now will last you until PS3 comes out you are sadly mistaken. My last computer was built just 5 years ago and it could run any game just fine. Wont play this game for crap. I would have had to replace everything except for the power supply so instead I just built a new one and let my wife use my old gaming rig for the internet.
  12. DonnyD.

Whatever you do do not buy that PSU! It has 6, SIX!!!, 6 12v rails for a total of 166.66w per rail meaning that most of your high end video cards will be pulling more wattage then a single rail can deliver, which is bad. You will also be pulling more wattage then a singel rail can deliver on your CPU if you increase voltage enough to get a high OC, which is again bad. My 1100t which is basically the newer version of what you are buying was pulling 190 watts from the motherboard according to hwinfo64 @ 4.2ghz 1.49v. Find a PSU that cost about the same but has a single 12v rail, you only need 650w-750w to power a video card that will max out that board and CPU.

You will need to replace the CPU and motherboard before you need 16gb of ram unless you are going to use a ram disk but 16gb is to small for that really. Save some money here and get 8gb for like $45USD.

Agreed with the rest here get a 660 or 7850. You can't crossfire with that motherboard so prob better to get the 660.

[sarcasm]
    DVD burner, Really? You get p0rn from the internet now no need for a disk.
    [/sarcasm]
  13. BlackDove

14. Ronald Miller

suppose you are right because if yall didnt lose me at over clock it and all this nerdy **** you lost me at 1000 dollars.. like seriously bro? under 1000 is your goal? take this into consideration mobo+cpu160+gpu200+psu80+ram100= 540 dollars... thats under 600.... why you nerds think everyone is like you and needs a game eater computer is beyond me.. the first responder to this thread is only person who actually posted with what i wanted and the guy that showed comparison between 660 and 660ti.. if you read what im currently using and that my goal fps is only 60 while others bltch if they dip below 80 you might have gotten a better idea of who the *** you were talking about.. im a normal guy.. this isnt my life.. but thank you for sharing your misguided opinion of me.. my opinion of you is that you are a virgin :) but yah those two gave me what i needed as far as info goes so im outty ,.|.. ..|.,
  15. TheAppl3

You became an idiot when you insulted people that are mostly trying to help you. If you read some of the helpful posts you'd realize that a goal of 60 FPS in PS2 is impossible in general and especially with the relatively weak CPU you chose to buy. That's why we are discussing an under 1k figure as a goal - your under 600 setup won't accomplish even close to what you seem to think it will. People are trying to explain the issues with your build to you and you post this? Good riddance to you sir and I regret wasting my time trying to assist you.

My opinion of you is that you lack the social etiquette to act like a normal human, as you've just shown me. Please return that insult (if I can even give it that sort of stature) to the tenth grade classroom you stole it from. I hear they're running low on those.

Also, you're very much wrong about how consumer RAM works from a few posts ago despite your insistence to the contrary.
  16. BlackDove

Yeah, he's talking about registered memory etc. but I can't find any registered non-ECC RAM to buy anywhere.