Phoenix whiners please watch this

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan3123, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Spartan3123

There is no splash damage form the NC15 phoenix ( watch the video if you don't believe me)
    1 hit kill to infantry (infantry between 100 to 290 meters) otherwise ineffective

what else kills infantry in 1 hits ?
    bolt action sniper rifle (headshot) 20- to max draw distance (much faster bullet speeds)
    unguided rockets ?

I dont think SOE will nerf it to the extent that you need headshots to 1 hit infantry, since sniper rifles can already do this.
  2. SgtBreastroker

And people claim it takes no skill to use. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  3. XRIST0

Are you trying to compare a guided rocket to a bolt action sniper rifle ?

Another incompetent NC player , not even going to bother watching your video .
    • Up x 3
  4. Tasogie

Sniper rifles are "Meant" to headshot people, An Anti Tank missile is NOT meant to out snipe a rifle. Fact is, there's multiple vids showing 50-0 kills on infantry using that pos... Please stop making **** up, The phoenix needs to be nerfed, an made into what is designed for. AT
    • Up x 4
  5. Spartan3123

What I am trying to say if a sniper rifle can 1 shot someone, they why cant a rocket.
    It would be completely stupid if a direct hit with any rocket requires two hits to kill.

If the Phoenix is OP then so are all bolt actions, i can get far more kills with the sniper rifle than the phoenix, the only difference is getting kills with the phoenix is easier therefore there are more using it ....
  6. Haterade

This feels exactly like the video "proof" that the SkillMAX isn't overpowered. The proof is in the pudding, son. The Phoenix has 3x the kills per hour than the Striker, the second highest kills per hour. Tell me again how that screams balance?
  7. Xasapis

I would have liked to see the comments of all the people defending this cheesy no-skill weapon, if the glancer could 1-shot infantry.

Because it takes absolutely no skill whatsoever to hit infantry with it. At least snipers have to account for sway, bullet drop off, lead their target if they move and more important than all, aim.
    • Up x 1
  8. PhilDun

Actually, OP, bolt action snipers do NOT always 1-hit kill. Nanoweave armor prevents one-hit-kills at any decent distance. Thus, from 100-300m, the Phoenix can 1-hit kill a target that a bolt-action sniper can't.

Your own argument just turned against you.
    • Up x 2
  9. PS2Freak

Phoenix Avg. score/hour: 7058
    Striker Avg.score/hour: 9892
    Lancer Avg. score/hour: 4860

and the winner is - STRIKER (vehicle xp and infantry inside it)

right there it shows by how much larger score, striker owns phoenix.
  10. Spartan3123

If you head shot is a guaranteed 1 hit kill
  11. Spartan3123

Yea i agree striker is way more OP than phoenix
  12. tugernut

i like wrel's videos , of all factions, hes pretty unbiased

heres the problem - its an AV rocket launcher only being used for AI

when this was a problem at release they nerfed the AA lock on rockets really quickly - if you didnt know they dumbfired straight with no drop off and everyone used them for AI instead of AA - thats why now if dumbfired the AA lock on rockets now have huge drop off.

this video was also pre patch , not a huge difference but still some.
    also - nc - most even agree its OP - and are 4th factioning while they can to play this OP weapon
  13. SgtBreastroker

Phoenix is cheesy no skill?

[youtube]

Direct impact kills infantry. The splash is abysmally terrible.
    • Up x 1
  14. Wusl

maybe you should watch this :D

mom the striker kills vehicle with this score and the phoenix ? ah yes :D
  15. Xasapis

Lets put it this way. It's easier to get hits/kills than a dumpfire missile. It's safer to use than a lock on. At least with a dumpfire, one can attempt to sidestep. With the phoenix you just adjust for somebody's movement.

So yea, you're right, it's not no skill. It's just the easiest launcher they introduced in the game so far, by a big margin.
  16. Spartan3123

Direct impacts kills infantry thats how its currently set up, if they are going to nerf it increase the speed increase the range and make it more uncontrollable, at least it would be still fun to use if that were the case.

A damage nerf would mean it would be useless against everything. Honestly the phoenix isn't that good against vehicles its more of a general purpose launcher ie infantry + Armour
  17. MGP

Splash is still higher then the sniper rifle. And you can steer your bullet too.
    And that's what Phoenix is, OHK sniper rifle with a controllable bullets.
  18. Spartan3123

Those guys were standing still, i could have easily head shot x2 faster than the phoenix. Also the phenoix has a long reload time
  19. Xasapis

What do you mean it isn't good against vehicles? It's a direct upgrade to the default launchers (vehicles can't sidestep the rocket like they can with the dumpfire) with the added bonus that you can shoot it from cover. Putting a sunderer anywhere closer to 300m from any NC controlled base is a nightmare.
  20. PS2Freak

• Up x 1