(Miller) Could we get a GM now, please?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lovepump, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Lovepump

Cheater running rampant for quite some time now, and it is the obvious stuff like shooting from beneath the map etc. Reports are in from all factions as it's ruining some nice fights for all.
  2. Copasetic

Still that ThePiratebay2 guy?
  3. Lovepump

4. Copasetic

Going on what? 5 hours now?

Brilliant.
  5. Rhyl

I personally don't understand why the gm's vanished. Every 30 minutes they'd broadcast a message. It was pretty easy to get ahold of them. Now they poofed. You get a broadcast once every 6 hours to every other day.
  6. GSZenith

bad hacker only 800kills 2hour...
    yesterday's hack was 1.9k kills 2hour.
    (check scoreboard easy way to find them)
  7. Moonlite Quality Assurance

Hello there,

If you just wish to alert us to someone you think we need to look at and don't need a response from us you can type /report inside the game and fill out the form there and we will get to it as soon as possible. /report should not be used for anything other than reporting a bad name, bad language or to get us to look into a possible cheater. The forums are not monitored by our in-game CS team.

If you need assistance from an in-game GM for other issues, please send in a ticket by going to help.station.sony.com and pressing open a support ticket tab or from inside the game pressing Escape then selecting Support and Ask For Help. Please be sure to select the correct category In-game Issues, Community Standards so it gets to the right place.
    This will go straight into a ticket queue for the GM's, you'll be given a ticket number and then a response will come to you via a GM ingame if you're online or through your e-mail if offline.

Please be aware that we will not discuss action taken or not taken on account with anyone other than the account owner.

Hope that clarifies.
    Thank you.
  8. Rhyl

We used that report. Guy is still doing it five hours later.
  9. Moonlite Quality Assurance

We had definitely cleared the reports on Miller within the last 5 hours - I know all servers have been done several times since we came back online this morning. I'll look into it to see where the disconnect is because we've been very good since the new system went in getting to them quickly.

If you ever feel we've missed one, don't hesitate to ticket in.
    • Up x 1
  10. Rhyl

Will do. Not to sound like a whiner but I will say this. I agree in the past two weeks you guys have really stepped up your game. The past few days it seems to be a bit "slow." but maybe it's all the issues related to the new patch notes. I've been impressed (until the past three days) with how quick you guys have been handling the situation. I mostly just miss the many GM reporting in for hack hunting which seems to have slowed down a lot. Those seem to have at the very least when it was frequent make hackers stop and pause.

Thank you for looking into it. I appreciate that as a player.
  11. Knarfis

[sarcasm] Wait, I just looked up this guy and I dont see any issue here. It looks like to me he is just a really good player. I mean look at his stats, he only achieves a 47% accuracy over all. I mean if he was cheating that stat would be close to 100% accuracy. I mean a 120 K/D ratio just means he knows how to hide good. I think we all should learn from this guy and maybe hold him up as an icon. [/sarcasm]

I guess the hack programers have smartened up and programed not shooting solely at the head and added in random missed shots. My biggest question really is although this guy is blatant, how would one identify a cheater when it all comes down to it. I ream really, what do you look for and where if it is outside of the players site.
  12. Mastachief

And you will respond it what? 2 -3 days..........................
  13. phreec

14. Tasogie

What beats me is why they dont have GM's in game, it isn't hard to have active GM in the game for 2-4 hour shift. I used to run several servers we owned for BFBC2 an was always contactable in game all evening, an when I wasn't on, one of the other 4 GM's were. across 4 servers.
    Thats just from a clan, so if SOE cant afford a GM or 2 per server well...
  15. Fenrix

I have a better question... why don't the in game GM's keep an eye on the forums? I mean... its the best way to get an idea of a hacking trend or major hacking incident under way.
    im not saying like gms respond to every hackusation but... keeping forums open in a second monitor is not too hard.
  16. Larington

Well, these days when I encounter the ones where I have almost 0 doubt that a player is hacking, you know, clear cases of teleport hacks, shooting from inside walls, 10 people dying one after the other in an instant, I've taken to sending a tweet to @thegreatmutato (Dir. Customer Svc for @Sonyonline) with details of player name, territory, continent and server... That seems to be quite effective when he's in work. I do sometimes wish there was a special hacker reporting twitter account for the absolute undeniable cases like those I mentioned above but when I suggested it to RadarX he didn't seem to think it was necessary. Their call I guess. In the meantime I'll continue using that twitter account when some infant is ruining the game for everyone.

(Please don't tweet at the guy for just any old hacker though, leave that to report function, save tweeting @thegreatmutato for the ones that are clearly ruining the game for everyone)
  17. Selerox

The devs don't pay attention to the forums. What makes you think the GMs will? I'm sure they pay attention to twitter and reddit though...
  18. xourico

its pointless this game with all the hackers ruining the fun.

a quick search on google for planetside2 hacks and I've found several forums that not only offer hacks but also explain on how to bypass ip bans and even HWID / MAC bans. hackers can just bypass any ban they throw at them.

hell, if they had a proper anti hacker team with a few ppl they could "patrol" the main sites/forums for the hacking communities and completly nulify any new hacks that came in... Some of the things hackers use are so plain simple somethings, like exiting the game with ctrl+alt+del instead of normally logging off.

today I had a chat with one of the hackers on miller, apparently im on some sort of kill on sight list, these hackers apparently have some sort of community and even pay for their hacks.

Its very sad to see hackers that were banned back because they can easily bypass the bans with vpn and crap like that.

planetside2 is getting ruined with each passing day.

hackers joining every major battle.
    hackers killing ppl in spawn.
    hackers underground.
    hackers inside walls.
    and etc etc...

those are the obvious ones, problem are those that only use wallhacks and the ocasional aimbot and stuff... those are for us impossible to detect in a game so big without a spectator option, so those just walk arround doing watever they want.

also very alarming, after talking today with a couple hackers they even said a few on the high ranked players hack and are part of their community, many of them are actually premium players and such...

oh well... I'm tired of getting killed by this hackers that find stupid excuses to hack when they simply suck and dont like to get killed :p
  19. HellasVagabond

Perhaps he killed them too :p
  20. Lovepump

So, since i started this thread and it turned into a (suprise suprise) whinefest, here's to balance it out:

Miller has been pretty good for quite some time now. The hacker i mentioned earlier was the first one i've seen in weeks since the GMs started doing the rounds, and the respone time has been excellent. But in this case the response time was rather slow, the hacker had been at it for quite some time ruining several very nice, large and for the most part even fights between NC and TR on Esamir that day. So i made a forum post both as a wakeup call and in case the hacker played a successful cat&mouse game each time the GMs believed him/her/it to be banned.

On a separate note, if i was a proper troll i would do the following:
    1. I would make blatant hacks in the game while pissing off as many players as possible while recording
    2. Next i would then post on the forum about "hackers have ruined the game!" and keep that flame going for as long as possible while screendumping all the tears, anger and frustration scrolling down the screen.
    Then i would gather up all the videos and images and move them into my "special moments" archive right next to the BF3 folder that has the same (and more) content. As the lights dim and the mediaplayer start to chew thru today's harvest i would have to make one final hard decision, "Yasmine or strawberry?" as i reach out for the hand lotion and let my pants hit the floor.