Phoenix still OHK people?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wezdor, Mar 27, 2013.

1. N0008918

It is far from effective. Only dumb people think that using this weapon vs infantry is effecive. In fact it is the worst thing that has happend to the nc but you guys don´t see it. While using this weapon to snipe infantry you are absolutly useless when it comes to capturing bases....Is it fun to do so? YES it is but it is less effective then using regular weapons and it slows down progression.
  2. Pikachu

My phoenix sure has no problem seeing infantry. It's just like before. :(
  3. Pikachu

You forget the factor of annoyance to the enemy. Other weapons might be better in the big game but I think the annoyance to enemies is too high. I would hate to get killed in the way that I see videos of people doing, and myself doing.
  4. Kubor

I tell you what. Anybody that shoots a Phoenix missile down even now its been slowed down will do so through sheer fluke rather than skill.

The slow speed is a great change though because now its easy to dodge them provided that you stay alert. If the NV part it implemented then it will be an excellent and elegant solution, albeit to a problem that should never have existed in the first place.
  5. XParagonX

I don't get it.
    The phoenix is supposed to be a AV weapon.
    Yet its mostly used as AI weapon.

Go to crown when NC comes around, see how many phoenix are flying around.
  6. XParagonX

If you think the lancer is fine ur dumb founded ********.
  7. Silent255

I like the changes they're planning on making to the Phoenix. They're gearing it more towards the use towards AV, rather than another infantry farming weapon that everyone drops as soon as it no longer instagibs infantry for those quick certs. Lancer, I love it. Dunno what people are wanting from it but I find it to be extremely powerful. I love being able to snipe vehicles, based on the distance from this morning, 549m away. Saurva biolab is an awesome sniping spot....any vehicle caught within render distance, more or less, while in that open field facing the pad is meat. Full charge to the *** of a tank takes a huge chunk. Full charge to the sides hurts a bit too.

Striker is....dunno, haven't tried it. Been on the other end of it though and is probably the most harassing (that used right?) ESL. It has a lot of scare factor behind it when you see 5+ missiles flying towards you. Am I seriously the only one really satisfied with the ESL's they've given us? Tried both the Phoenix and the Lancer and had favorable outcomes with them with little grief behind it.
    • Up x 1
  8. GraphicJ

So how much damage does it do against an ESF in percent value??
  9. XParagonX

A pathetic instant damage weapon that can't be shot down.

fixed.
  10. Wezdor

Then enlighten me! Tell me why it's SO VERY BAD. I find it needs a touch less CoF (0.3 -> 0.15) and then it's spot on. Maybe a 0.2 sec charge time decrease too.
  11. Wezdor

A lot of us are happy with them. They just need a touch here and a touch there to make them perfect. To be honest, there is only one blatantly OP weapon in the game, and that is the MANA AV. Needs a 500m range limit.
  12. Silent255

There is one thing I forgot to mention about the Phoenix that I believe needs a tweak: the user needs to switch to the camera as soon as the trigger is pulled rather than letting it travel for a few meters and then clocking in, unless they've fixed/changed that yet.
  13. Armchair

The phoenix is GREAT for killing idiots who don't understand tactics. All these "videos" of "OP" phoenixes keep showing missile after missile slamming into bloody idiots who sillhouette themselves against the skyline. Yet despite all these OP phoenix vids, I've not seen one that comes close to the bloodbath carved by giraffe camo + knife. Where's that knife nerf? Oh wait, neither the knife or phoenix is a problem. It's just that idiots will be farmed by anything.

I just got back from a weekend of playing red orchestra. Does it have homing 1-hit kill rockets? No. It has 1-hit kill LMG's that can accurately hit a man at 300m. Does the game collapse in on itself due to the potency of these weapons? No. People actually use cover for a change. Suppressive fire, smoke, flanking. It's amazing what tactics can accomplish.
  14. Wezdor

It got fixed, i tried it a few mins ago and it's almost instant now.
  15. Eyeklops

You can throw grenades 300m? NC even get OP arms!
  16. Silent255

AND since everyone is using it for infantry instead of collectively popping tanks....tanks become an issue all of a sudden.
  17. Jrgsubzero

The lancer is good at killing BR1 maxes who are for some reason not inside a building or within running distance of one.
  18. Czuuk

It's them space steroids. We juice all our boys up before battle. ;) We thought errybody was doing it.
  19. Czuuk

It's on the "probably" list at the moment.
  20. MrGurrenLemfox

you
    you know you still have your small firearm right ? you know to shot infantry with it. it doesn't change anything that TR and NC have new toy but you......owh wait you have a new toy also, so why the hell you still complaining???