Briggs TR is...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRealMetalstorm, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Sen7ryGun84

Briggs TR is a bit of a basket case but I've come too far to turn back and re roll now. I joined KNTR and have a look through of fun with those guys, strategy and tactics wise they're pretty much the same as every other TR outfit on Briggs (average) but they get things done by weight of numbers.I the main reason I like them is because they're easy going and the leaders don't carry on like drill sergeant wannabe internet tough guys and have a laugh while they play. Without mentioning specific names, I've checked out and played with a few outfits on Briggs TR and for the most part the guys running the platoons are total f cking pole smoking w nkers. I'm not one to rage much but when some power tripping d ck spit calls me a c nt over voice as part of a blanket "you c nts do more work!" statement I just want to reach through my monitor and gouge out their eyes.
  2. Caydn

LOL You sure ?
  3. Caydn

NC is worse off and yet we beat you :)
  4. Caydn

The winning team for months on Briggs was TR till the map position rotations started
  5. Pac1

The only real problem with Briggs TR is lower pop. In those rare cases we have even numbers we are doing really well. Hopefully SOE will do something to encourage people to join underpopulated factions, current XP boost is laughable. To OP I would suggest running with different outfits, many of the TR outfits open their squads once in a while. Especially the wars organized on weekends are great opportunity to try more organized play.
    • Up x 1
  6. Connal

I play Briggs NC main, but I've got alts on the other two factions for a change of pace.

From what I've seen, the problems you're describing are pretty much present on all 3 factions on our server. All 3 factions seems to have an obsession with the crown and/or ghost capping the other 2 continents. And the Zerg-fits, we've all go our share of them.

The only challenge unique to the TR is the smaller pop, which you'll get back when the 4th faction (read Northern Indar Warpgate Defenders) moves over.

That being said, I really do think NC has the biggest collection of trash players. There's bad players on all 3 factions, but the sheer number of oblivious lemmings I find when I'm fighting against the NC on an alt is just staggering. They're probably the same ones I see standing around armed generators shooting them at point blank range till they explode.

TL;DR The grass isn't really greener on the other side, hell come over and check it out for a little bit. You'll end up going back to where your biggest cert/sc investment is.
    • Up x 2
  7. Dingus148

North Warpgaters are the 5th Faction :p
  8. Rasp

The VS got gated by ghost cappers and I ordered my platoons to stay in the south where the fight is while the VFD were on Amerish. I dont care at all if we get gated because it means nothing until continent locking comes in and I wont send multiple platoons to chase down a small force. I will continue to order my troops to attack any sizeable force and wipe out anyone dumb enough to stand in our way regardless of our map position.
  9. Pudgeinabowl

Silly thread.
  10. Thesweet

just a small pop, they just have to bring in a cooldown timer for empire swaps
  11. Xarx

If you define winning as ghost capping the most difficult continent to lose while the real fight was on Esamir, then holding it until VS and NC had to call a ceasefire to flip it to neutral.

Haven't played in months, Is Indar still neutral?
  12. Xarx

This is 100% correct.
  13. Private Public

*ahem* IIW *coughcough*, ya know, the guys who with only two squads destroy or at least divert entire zergs. You haven't noticed, oh I understand, we usually get lost in the sea of derp-zergers while actually doing something useful :p.

But I think the main issue is simply population. Ever since GU02 when the 4th and 5th factioners abandoned TR (4th being the slippery slope 'join the winning team' faction stacking '**** guys and 5th being the Northern WG lovers) Briggs TR would be lucky to pull 30% world pop and are generally stuck with around 25% or even as low as 20%. Intriguingly when we do have an equal population we generally hold around 50% of the territory on Indar.
    So really stupidity isn't the bane of the TR any more than any other faction, simply that the population is heavily skewed against us.

Also just gonna leave this here: http://www.incendiaryburrow.com/index.php
    • Up x 3
  14. SgtBreastroker

Yes, that is VS in a nutshell. They always cling onto the crown. In fact they are still holding onto it right now.
  15. TheRealMetalstorm

sorry, i would beg to differ. I'm SE asian, and I can confidently say that for some reason asians tend to outperform aussies on a regular basis in FPS ability... at least in the CS1.6 competitive scene in 2003-2009 era.
    Also, not many SE asians in this server. Not well advertised here.
    To you:
    Small squad spec ops is entirely possible, there are those who actually know what they're doing.
    However, when you face a force just as organised but almost twice your strength, it gets boring after a while.
    Don't talk to me as if I'm too stupid to use the functions PS2 provides. #1, they aren't very comprehensive. #2, they don't help make idiots turn into "mature" players.
    Re-rolling? Out of the question. Coward's way out. Also, being 100% F2P and having decked out the ESF completely, MBT nearly fully, HA and LA nearly fully and infiltrator nearly fully, it's quite a change to re-roll TR on another server.

Lol RazzorAU, i see you in IIW TS once in a while. I play with them. They make up that "handful" (also, some people from JUGA can play well but they don't use mics. Me and some JUGA player formed an impromptu 2 man squad to defend our WG from NC squads and we alternated spawnbeacons and basically denied all sunderers with tankmines + c4)
  16. TheRealMetalstorm

Nope, population started declining before rotations. Used to be 35% TR primetime, dropped to 29% primetime before rotation. Currently at 24-26% primetime. basically 1-3 outnumbered.
  17. Canaris

this is a simple fix OP, you need to lead by example. I want to see YOU out there on the battlefield fighting and defeating the VS & NC single handed then you TR brothers and sisters will see how great you are and become great themselves.
    shush no more words, go!
  18. TheRealMetalstorm

play with IIW. nice people, valid tactics, people don't mull over orders. free to make suggestions during ops anyway.
  19. shackers

KNTR or NightRage is the biggest TR outfit on Briggs with almost 800 members ( with inactive members kicked)
    We single handly warp gate the VS or NC daily and havent been warp gated (on Indar) since the gate rotation.

Even though we have 2/3 of the population of the other factions
    by combining with SOGA IIW KOL BOTM BOH and the many other small outfits the Briggs TR are the greatest of all the factions
    The very second we get even numbers of populations all continents will be RED

If any other faction thinks otherwise gear up and prove it!

-shackers-
  20. Andy789

Tr have low pop. It is what it is. With such a low pop The best thing for us to do is to just bug the crap out of the other teams. Especially the team who have crown. Today the Vanu and nc were fighting each other at Ceres hydroponics (just north of crown) meanwhile the crown was vacant so I sent my squad straight in crown as a distraction. The nc immediate fell back to crown. My squad got slaughtered by nc platoons. But that gave the Vanu an opportunity to push from Ceres hydroponics and onto the crown and then Vanu took the crown. This shows that although tr is severely outnumbered we can still make an impact on our enemies. That alone is enough to fill the mans heart and that's how I stay motivated to play for tr. gorilla tactics Vietnam style ftw