SOE devs only play TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by REDRUM4K, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Xind

I like the Lasher, when used in groups, in situational medium range encounters. At least it has a niche. The other two are just semi-pointless.
    However, the lasher projectile aoe damage needs to start further away so you don't shock down people right next to you. (allies)

Jackhammer needs triple shot back. With PAs in the game, why the **** not?

MCG needs no spin up time and to be held like a god damn minigun.
  2. r1stormrider

You realise the dev responsible for weapon balance plays TR, right?
  3. Ghosty11

They are at that, but at least the Lasher has a niche role that it performs reasonably well at. The Jackhammer is an awful shotgun compared to the others you can get.
  4. CoffeeBreak

Here on the forums we base balance off personal observations.

I play my VS(easy mode) and NC(Hard Mode) identically. 90% LA and 10% HA. My VS has a 2.5 KDR and the NC has a 3.0 KDR in the same play style. My current VS carbine has 24% accuracy while my current NC carbine has 30% accuracy.

Conclusion: NC is OP and needs to be nerfed.
  5. Tekuila

Jackhammer has three round burst.
  6. Dudeman325420

And the green grass grew all around and around, and the green grass grew all around.
  7. xNPCx

It always amazes me when people think that balance changes are in anyway effected by what faction a dev may play on. The Devs want this game to succeed because their very livelyhood is involved i.e. this is their job. I highly doubt that the Devs care about making "their" faction OP because that would push players away from the game and could possibly cost them their job, should the game fail.

Devs playing the game is for the PR, nothing more.
  8. BlueyTheWolf

OOOOWWWW COME ON
    T-16 damage nerfed, T-32 recoil increased
    TMG-50 have slowest rate of fire even its a TR gun
    LC-2 literally killed they should refund all lynx owners
    Jaguar cant even pick up an infultrator.
    We had good versus infantry tanks then they insanely buffed to hold agaisnt other tanks then they took its anti infantry power away with NERFING splash damage.S1 and Shrike have a bigger field of explosion now compared to a freaking tank.
    They messed up mossy canon bugged out.
    MSWR was quite good then pufff nerf bat baby.
    FA1 Barrage garbage
    TS4 Haymaker more garbage
    All sniper rifles are garbage expect rams and sr7

Ok now what do we have good left ?
    Carv9 classic always good but too bad with 4x or 3.4x scopes *Default*
    Repeater *nerf all you want* still a good pistol *Default*
    TAR always good medic gun
    TRAC5 always good carbine "TRAC5 S alittle slower version" *Default*
    rams and sr7 awesome army of two

Oww look defaults are really great I wonder why ?
    Maybe its cause I cannot even use half of the weapons I bought effectively due to never ending nerf bat.
    Seriously I dont care about balance anymore but Im getting amazing enjoyment playing TR WHY?
    ITS cause its manly if TR player have a possitive KDR that means he is hell of a good player.
  9. Get2dachoppa

I wouldn't know. I still can't equip the scope I unlocked for my T1 Cycler yet. :rolleyes:
  10. Soundmonitor

This is another..... :eek:
  11. Aztecoatl

All the Devs are TR + All guns are easy and scopes as well ..
    Not sure if troiling or just stupid

Most of the Devs are NC & Vanu , only Jimmy and some others from the QA team are TR .. Please go away .

INB4 TR Scopes OP PLZ OMFG NERF #YOLOSWAG

[IMG]
  12. vulkkan

I would say L2P, but too many people just need to L2UseCommonSense. Hilarious how you think the TRAC-5 is better than a Jaguar or Lynx. Also, yes, I am manly because I'm a TR with a positive K/D ratio. Yes. Manly.
  13. Xind

Does it really? Does it work the same as it did in PS1? Why are they not using it?
  14. Jezs

It's called a CARV

(that can't ADS)

Edit: Jackhammer 3-shot mode fires at about the same rate as semi-auto, so it's pointless

On topic: TR guns actually sound cool. Nerf their audio
  15. doombro

Pretty much everyone I've seen so far except jimmy and that one other guy in the QA interview play NC or VS.
  16. REDRUM4K

The higher damage of NC guns is no match for higher fire rate and larger magazines IMO.Second I did play TR. Why dont I just play TR then and stop whining? Maybe cos I spent a lot of time and certs and money into one faction and find it no small waste of said recources to switch and start all over again. I guess this game is more casual for one then others, wich is totally fine by me.
  17. Xind

Then it's not triple shot. It needs to rapid fire three shots and then have a long period before it can be fired again, but I suppose it doesn't have three barrels...They should of just brought back exact clones of the PS1 heavy weapons.
  18. rickampf

Look at Higby's twitter and you will see him wearing a NC helmet lol.
    By the way, i play mostly HA, i have aurax medals with t9car, t9carvS and TMG-50 and, imo, the GOD saw is, hands down, the best LMG in the game. The NC weapons are great for those who learn how to use it, you just have to make the shots count, no spray and pray. After the flinch change, the nc weaponry has become beasts.
  19. REDRUM4K

If all factions could buy all weapons: problem solved. So please enlighten me with more works of art like our Artzecoatle here, why this is such a bad idea
  20. Barana

Or, you know, loot them from the packs of dead enemies, and maybe store them in a locker for later use. Hmm, I wonder what game has done that before...