A very important advice to all engineers (Must Read!)

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by MrDerpAssault, Mar 21, 2013.

1. MrDerpAssault

Kinda frustrated for the planetside 2 downtime, getting kinda impatient lol

Well anyways, I want to give a tip to ALL engineers out there, and even some high level players never knew it. Everytime when I run out of ammo, I always approach to a nearby engineer and ask for ammo. But however, I sometimes run into engineers who have tankmines instead of ammo pack, and then they say "I don't have any ammo since I have tank mines". So here is a tip to ALL the engineers who have mines instead of ammo: Even though you have mines, all engineers actually have a "secondary" ammo pack. This can be accessed by selecting your mana turret and then pressing the button "B". This will allow you to take out your secondary ammo pack, and give it to yourself or your teammates. So engineers, please don't say that you don't have ammo cause you actually have ammo. Its really frustrating for many of us who depleted ammo. Anyways, I hope this advice helped you, and see you at the battlefield! ;)
    • Up x 20
  2. LordZombie14

3. Nintyuk

4. Tommyp2006

It amazes me how many people don't know this. I always have to tell people this. As a rule of being an engineer, you should pretty much throw down ammo everywhere you go, no reason for anyone to ever run out
    • Up x 6
  5. Stadulator

lol love the title.

And OP don't get all miffed about server downtime. It's a regular part of any decent MMO

good tip tho, I'm amazed at how many people don't know this. But then again, these days people expect things to be totally spelled out for them.
    • Up x 1
  6. MrDerpAssault

Glad to help you out :)
    Hope engineers will now give ammo to everyone lol
  7. Nintyuk

The content of this thread should be stickied to the top of the engy forum.
    [PSA] The ACE tool and you!
    Your ACE tool can be used for more than just your turret, Press B (Change Firing Mode) by default and it will switch to deploying your ammo kit even if you have another utility item equipped. Never be without ammo for you and your allies again!
    • Up x 1
  8. Sirinox

Whoa!
    This is the best thread! EVER!!!!!
    Very very helpfull information :D :D

But i got a question: do the perks of the regular ammo-pack work for this "alternative"-pack too? (like how long it lasts and the radius of the ammo supply)
    • Up x 2
  9. Nintyuk

It's Identical to the equipable one. In fact if you place this one down it will replace any ammo packs you have placed.

The only reason the Utility slot one exists is so new players can even realize they can place down a ammo kit. Plus you can place a ammo kit down free of your turret deploy tool's cool down and vice-versa.
    • Up x 2
  10. supahitecjetfyta

if you play Engy a lot then you should max out your ammo pack
    you wont have to keep throwing them down every 2 minutes and people wont have to stand right on top of it.
    its worth doing, youll get a lot more XP from it.
    • Up x 3
  11. Flashtirade

If you play engie a lot, you'd already have swapped out the utility slot for something more useful, like AT mines or C4. The MANA ammo pack doesn't benefit from the utility ammo pack upgrades, so it's not worth the investment.
  12. Nintyuk

WRONG, the ACE tool deployed pack has been identical to the Utility slot one since launch. They squashed that bug in beta.
    • Up x 1
  13. CanadianAttackBeaver

I got a chuckle out this thread. Me and a squadmate, both in beta, only realized we could do this recently. We were both guilty of dropping ammo, grabbing mines, going back for our ammo packs.... ha!
    • Up x 1
  14. MrDerpAssault

I found it out 1 month ago while playing engy... after I found out, everything changed, instead of changing loadout everytime, now, I can go hunt armor and at the time, resupply my teammates lol

Every single person in this game should know this, so we can have engineers who actually supply people with ammo lol
    • Up x 1
  15. Rickenbacker

Very useful tip for those who didn't know. Kind of logical, since B is the fire selector key, but it's not documented anywhere as far as I know.
  16. Alizona

Thanks OP, definitely THE BEST tip I ever received in PS2 when someone told me about it. I was in such a dilemma up until then because as an engineer our primary job is to support our teammates. But I became addicted to my C4 and it was always a moral dilemma for me - do I go with the ammo pack or do I go with my four all-purpose blocks of death and destruction, the C4's? If I went with the C4, then I felt awfully guilty about not having any ammo for my teammates.

And then the miracle happened... someone told me about pressing that B key. I had no clue about it whatsoever. But I've never felt guilty again! I have my C4 cake and can eat my ammo too!! :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Xasapis

There are two things that should be headline for support classes:
    • Engineer ACE tool can deploy both turrets and ammo pouches
    • Medics are the only ones that can rezz maxes (and maxes don't have the rezz icon above them unfortunately, so you need to look for them)
  18. Vadimir

• Up x 1
  19. Nintyuk

20. Stigler

A lot of in game engineers still do not realize it, so keep posting. I keep getting "sorry" from engies who used the default ammo pack slot for explosives.

And yes its worth certing up now as they have fixed the "B" alternate ammo pack not upgrading, the alternate B was better it was a level 3 by default I think, but now its the same level as what you cert.