[Guide] A small guide to VS HA

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Bryan4, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Bryan4

I have bought many guns for my VS character so I know about their strengths and weaknesses. I'm going to put what works for me and hope it helps someone out. Also including a small cert guide that will probably differ from that of others'.

LMG's:
    Orion: Unless you want to do long range shooting with your LMG, stick with the Orion. Once certed (your choice) and practiced with, it can become the best overall handheld weapon on the battlefield.
    Polaris and LSW: Are similar to the Orion. Some may say they are better than the Orion, and that may be true, but just stick with the Orion. Trust me.
    Ursa: Don't buy this. Says it is good for longe range but its recoil and accuracy is down there with the SVA
    SVA-88: Don't get this either. It's alright, but doesn't do anything the Polaris, LSW, or Orion can't do.
    Flare: A good gun worth getting if you have the certs. Good for longer range engagements. And everything else.

Battle rifle: From what I've seen, it is too weak per shot for its intended role. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.

Shotguns:
    Thanatos: Is the best of the original shotguns. Semi auto.
    Nova: Similar to the Thanatos but for some reason just not as good, although you can snipe with it alright using slugs.
    Pandora: Very hard to control. Low ammo capacity, even with extended mags.
    Phobos: Absolutely deadly in CQC. Works as a shotgun should. If you get one CQC gun, get this.

Rocket Launchers:
    All I have to say about the rocket launchers is this:
    The default launcher is good for anti infantry and close range tank emgagements.
    The Annihilator is the best for everything else. Scares away planes, "snipes" tanks, and it very useful to have on you.

Certs:
    Armor: Everyone seems to love flak armor. I love nanoweave armor. Both are good, and whatever you choose, stick with it and fully cert it.
    Utility: Don't even think about getting anything other than Medkit.
    In my opinion, the categories other than these don't matter too much.

I hope you found something useful in this. If you think otherwise than I what I have put, please remember I have experience with these and this works very well for me. Just trying to help out.
  2. VanuSovereignty

Shotties: Thanatos has CoF and reload speed over the others. It's attributes do NOT compare to extra ammo in a magazine of the nova or the fast fire rate of the pandora.

RLs: Annihilator is only good in groups, decimator is best for everything else, lancer is still bad.

Armor: Flak is best because it allows you to survive prox mines and ALL explosives. I just laugh at rocket pods with my flak armor.
    Utility: Resto is arguably better because it allows you to buff your health right before combat, allowing you to take an extra shot. I've found concussions and C4 very useful against sundies.
  3. Maarvy

I'll chime in on the LMG's

The Polaris is NOT like the Orion or LSW , it has a much slower rof and sucks badly for ADS .

The FLare and the SVA-88 are basicly the better long range lmg's with the flar having lower rof more damage per round , and the SV-88 with higher rof and lower damage per round .

The ursa I dont own so have no real experiance or opinion

The battle rifle is best used hip fire as a shotgun type wepon which speaks volumes of how broken it is .

Launchers

The decimator is a stright up upgrade over the s1 in every way exept its 1 less ammo . The Hades and Nemesis are also far more powerfull than a anihilator .

Shotguns

At the ranges the original shotguns are effective at the pandora is a beast , single clicks will make it as controlable as the other semi autos with the bonus of going full auto when u need to .
  4. Bl4ckVoid

Orion has no 2x reflex which is a serious shortcoming anywhere outside.
  5. Ghosty11

The Orion should not be used past short-medium range, for longer range engagements you should be looking for another LMG. So basically it doesn't need a 2x reflex.

I run my Orion mostly with NV/IR scope, sometimes the 1x reflex.
  6. Ganjis

VS LMG discussions always get quite lively with no clear consensus reached (apart from hardly anyone having a good word for the Ursa). I take this as a good sign.

Me, I am a committed lasher user, even in situations when I shouldn't. When I need a LMG I tend to go with the one that came with Alpha Squad. When I need a shotgun I go Engineer and use the Pandora.
  7. Konfuzfanten

In small scale solo the Annihilator is pretty bad - go with the dedicated G2A launcher instead - nemesis FTW!

Get one C4 and the concussion grenade.

Concussion grenade are fantastic at clearing rooms, and taking out MAX's:
    Concussion grenade + C4 = one dead MAX without you taking dmg.
    • Up x 1
  8. goneLinkdead

The Ursa is a good gun, it is basically a slightly better Flare. The reason I don't feel you see many people using it is because the Flare is so cheap.

The crappiest LMG is by far the VX29 Polaris. Can't go wrong with any of the others.
  9. Rudette

The Orion is the whole reason I have a VS alt >.> Well not the whole reason, but part of it. I just love it to death!
  10. Stigler

Good post, thanks.

I just dont agree with what you said on the Ursa.

"Ursa: Don't buy this. Says it is good for longe range but its recoil and accuracy is down there with the SVA"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

The Ursa is an excellent weapon if your primarily ADS, if you have good aim the Ursa is great.

Most of the weapons have more benefit as either hipfire or ADS sight, so pick the weapon that compliments the type of shooting you do the most for that class or weapon.

Try out the Ursa in VR vs the Flare, for me the Ursa is better for my playstyle, but it is not everyones cup of tea. I have Reflex x2 most of the time w/ HV ammo and compensator, dang thing is deadly. I crouch and aim and stop and aim standing from cover, the Ursa is more accurate, Flare is better while moving just a hair.

If your a hip firer definitely go Flare over Ursa.

Dont use the tooltips ingame they are not accurate, use these spreadsheets they pull the numbers from the game. Then test it out in VR with targets downstairs for shot patterns.

Also for Shotguns, I personally chose the Thanatos as best versatility, with extended mag, and slugs as needed, and reflex x2 for slugs, or laser for hip firing and pellets. Im a reloader so the reload speed was a factor in my choice as was the availability of the Reflex x2 sight for the slugs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GUN&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  11. Serin

The Polaris is actually really fun to use. Its the only vanu lmg to get an adv laser sight. Its the best for run and gun hip fire. The 100 round clip is also a nice change of pace from the usual small clip vanu weapons. Took me a few days to get out of the habit of reloading after every kill with it.
  12. pnkdth

There really is no definite guide on the VS HA, probably isn't for any of the factions, much of the time it is people stating their personal preference as fact.
    I run(depending on situation);
    VX29 Polaris with adv laser and IRNV. This and Orion are my CQC/close range options but the Polaris at the added advantage of being good at longer ranges due to single direction recoil, medium ROF, and high projectile velocity. Additionally, having 100 rounds per magazine is a big advantage over the Orion.
    SVA-88 with comp, grip, HVA, and IRNV/Flare with comp, grip, HVA, and IRNV. Can't really decide on which I like more since the changes to flinch. Both have their ups and downs.

Don't really use the shotgun much, but when I do, it is the good old Nova with extended mag and IRNV.

I alternative between S1/nem/hades/anni depending on situation.
  13. Venetar

Due to lag I would be careful about certing the Medical Kit. Because they don't always work if the server lags too much. The health will instantly drop back down. It has happened so many times that I gave up and changed all loadouts to Restoration Kits.
  14. goneLinkdead

It happens with both kits when the server is lagging.
  15. Venetar

I've never had a problem with the Restoration Kits, only the Medical.