The REAL Planetside Factions.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Mar 25, 2013.

1. DashRendar

[IMG]
    • Up x 13
  2. Devrailis

You should tell that Vanoo infil to put her suit back on.
  3. MintiFresh

his*
    • Up x 1
  4. FlayvorOfEvil

No it's this.

• Up x 10
  5. MintiFresh

the TR song doesn't fit at all, but the VS and NC are perfect.
  6. Hovis

Other than the musical choice I never saw any connection to the USA in the NC. The USA is about power and having lots of power and preserving that power. That's not the conditions for revolutionaries, radicals or rebels, and the NC are those. If you were making the comparison to the Confederate States of America you might have a point. There's definitely a USA vs CSA dynamic to the NC vs TR war in many respects.

I don't know where the VS fit into that though. Because the VS are weird.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. VanuSovereignty

I have the same feeling.
  8. Devrailis

I don't know why but every once in a while I keep finding myself watching those videos.

It's like they're hypnotic.
  9. BlueyTheWolf

10. Sebastien

The VS are Commies, NC are Revolutionaries, and TR are *****
  11. VanuSovereignty

They're better than some of SOE's trailers! They are also just really really really entertaining for some reason.
    • Up x 1
  12. Teegeeack

Naw. NC is Space America, TR is Space Europe and VS don't fit a category and simply want to enlighten humanity but they refuse to accept it, much like creationists refuse to accept evolution.
  13. FlayvorOfEvil

No, the NC are the Space French
    The TR are Space Soviet Union
    The VS is The Nation of Celestial Space
    • Up x 2
  14. elementHTTP

Behold Vanus hymn
    • Up x 1
  15. Evileet

Why weird? They are transhumanists, they have good points to fight.
    "Human can be such more than just miners or soldiers."
    With the Vanu technology they want to become demigods. They want to do the humans a favour.

Perspective is one hell of a drug.
  16. ACE McFACE

NC = USA not particularly for the rebel part (excpet that the US was essentially founded because of a rebellion) but more because of the corporate power aspect of the NC, they're essentially fighting for their corporate sponsors. Also probably because all of them have the most generic American accents. (I know all the factions have American accents so don't bring that up.)
  17. bodmans

OP,
    crippled infiltrator is correct, but every infil without an smg or bolt action is crippled
    NC is correct
    TR is indeed correct, but needs more kids

@songs
    surprisingly fitting for all factions
  18. NinjaTurtle

I was going to say the NC video is way off but frankly after watching the VS video I think we got the better end of the deal
  19. sham

I thought the same tbh. TR = Union, NC = Confederate. VS = Mormons?

Makes some sort of sense. TR regards everyone as TR and the NC and VS as rebels/domestic terrorists. NC is seeking "freedom", though really it's just freedom oversight/regulation for massive corporations so they can exploit the people/planet for profit. And the VS have begun their own religion and want to set their own rules and run things in accordance with said religion. Plus a bit of social commentary on personal freedom vs domestic security that western society has been going through in recent years.

Though of course it could just be a Sci Fi story where none of the sides is really good or bad.
  20. Malfice

Pretty simple, really.

TR = Imperial Guardsmen
    NC = G.I. Joe
    VS = Brotherhood of Nod