1 hour and 45 minutes of Infiltration gameplay.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ztiller, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Ztiller

Since a lot of people have been complaining about me "cherrypicking" videos. Here you have 1:45 hours of my unedited, streamed infiltration gameplay.

• Up x 6
  2. Mustarde

You cherry picker :p

I bet you found the best 2 hours of footage to stream and post!
  3. Rhyl

Good footage as usual Ztiller I definitely enjoyed watching it. I plan to also get into streaming eventually as well. There needs to be more good infiltrator streams out there.
  4. Dcrd

Usual infiltrator gameplay. Gonna like for maybe it will make people do more streams and videos.
  5. DemoniWaari

Awesome stuff!
  6. Ztiller

Ssh, don't tell them. I have been playing non-stop for the last 4 days trying to get a good run that i could upload.

And you see the small occasional twitches in the screen? That's actually me slightly shifting the space-time continuum in order for me to kill those stationary enemies.
  7. Astraka

I watched your entire stream. I learned a couple of things (the way you hack turrets eliminates my issue with the hacking bug, different hiding spots, etc), and I'm sure anyone else who would watch it could learn a few things too. It was very entertaining, particularly the part in the beginning where you were run over by that flash - I rewound it a couple of times just for laughs. This is exactly the kind of gameplay I was hoping to see when I offered you the challenge.

I think the thing I learned most from your video is the fact that really, you are not any better or doing anything majorly different than myself or some other people I've watched. I can honestly say I felt a great sense of relief when watching you die to the cloak failing you, watching you hack a turret to kill some tanks to see them just out of your turn radius, or simply getting killed trying to run through a heavily defended choke point. It is twisted, but I felt a perverse sense of pleasure from watching you fail the same ways I do. It helped me realize that while I may have some room for improvement, it isn't as dire as I thought.

It also helped me understand where you're coming from a little bit when it comes to balance issues. It isn't as if you aren't experiencing the issues that plague us (which is how I felt previously), it is just that you do not let them bother you.

All in all, it was a multifaceted learning experience for me, and I appreciate you taking the time to get a stream set up so I could learn the things that I did.

Also, just so we're clear:

Cherry picking is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. Posting videos showing nothing but your success and pointing to those during balance discussions as a means of proving your point while ignoring the multiple times you fail due to the very issue we are discussing is the very definition of cherry picking. It is not meant as an insult to you or your videos, but I think it is something to be mindful of when pointing to Youtube videos posted for how successful you were as proof that your position is the right one.

Again, I loved the stream upload & can't wait to see more. If I had one suggestion it would be to have you speak a little bit while you're streaming if possible. From my experience watching streams like Mustarde's or Datduejrod's, it really give me a sense of what you're thinking & why you made the decision that you did.
    • Up x 1
  8. Vaphell

I admit i chuckled few times, like in case of these bold wraith charges through huge prowler/sundie columns... ended with a barrel roll of death.
    On the other hand some things were painful to watch, like these 5? totally oblivious infiltrators murdered in the middle of TI alloys o_O

I was really amazed how all these people in turrets can not hear uncloak right next to them. I uncloak much earlier, 10m at least because being caught with the mine in hand by the aware enemy ain't fun.
  9. Get2dachoppa

This is blatantly false! At 10:30 you get into a MAX, so this is NOT an hour and 45 minutes of Infiltrator gameplay! :p
  10. Ztiller

I said it was InfiltratioN gameplay. Not InfiltratoR gameplay. Who says you can't infiltrate with a full-out guns-blazing MAX?
  11. AnuErebus

MAX infiltrator OP! You survive too long while taking fire and kill too many people for your extreme inaccuracy!

On a serious note I really enjoy actual infiltrator footage. Helps me understand tips and tricks others use which in turn helps me refine my abilities.
  12. lslogin

Yeah, overall some nice footage. Unfourtunately, I bought an SMG recently and haven't been able to cert it out because im saving up for that second betty. This means im showing up on the map more because of my lack of suppressor. Dammit.