[GPU PhysX] - If you happened to have it stuck as 'greyed out'

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sh0xy, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Sh0xy

Just a bit of advice to those of you who hadn't bothered with PhysX until now in PS2.

If you find the option greyed out when you have a PhysX capable card with what you believe to be a correct driver installed, here's my advice.

a) The old fashioned way, right click your PS2 icon -> Open file location -> Open Useroptions.ini and under [Rendering] add the following lines:

ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

if this doesn't work, move on to b)

b) This is because every now and then people encounter ye-old PCI conflicts, where at one stage or another you had some issues installing Nvidia drivers (could have even been way back at a time when you first installed your OS).
    The fix is simple, just download revo uninstaller (a powerful uninstall application/or use an equivalent), to completely remove JUST PhysX from your computer. Then download the latest Nvidia Display driver for your graphics card, open it, and do a custom install of just PhysX. This will likely get your PhysX working for you.
  2. Brainwayne

...or just try using latest nvdia beta driver wtih "clean installation" - it worked for me
  3. Sh0xy

Noticed a few people posting that its stuck as greyed out for them still, hope this helps.
  4. Ston3Cold

No need to uninstall and reinstall drivers, just make sure that the PhysX setting in the driver settings is set to "Auto-select" then it won't be greyed out in game.
  5. qSPARTANp

Hey Folks,

Sh0xy, I did the old PhysxX clean install and it worked!.........However when I boot my system for some more PS2 .....its greyed out again. Tried the same thing a few times but on each re-boot it returns to greyed out again. Any ideas???

Thanks.