New Rocket Launchers - The Good, The Bad & The griefer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wristy, Mar 22, 2013.

1. illgot

You are going to lose this argument if you really insist the new NC launcher is as bad as the VS launcher. I main NC and even I feel bad for the VS.
  2. Paperlamp

I can tell I'm going to hate being hit by the pheonix from out of nowhere, seems like it's going to be used to pad K/Ds from relative safety. I guess the AV turret is the same deal though.

Does it one shot you with direct hits even if you have flak?
  3. Shaolungbao

so do TR but with straight line-of-sight to compensate for target movement during lockon.. so yes.

the point is.. your logic of 1 clip = 1 kill because that's what a lancer does already doesn't make sense cuz striker is denied any max or infantry damage.

the difference tho is that AV turrets have absolutely no zoom mechanics.
  4. Bape

its balanced but lancer should be buffed im not gonna lie but the striker is perfectly fine it a deadly weapon.
    • Up x 1
  5. ya_ay

Lol, this video is pretty much spot on.

Nothing to be said about the striker really, its an annihilator on steroids... but its ok for now as there are plenty of hard counters for it.

The Phoenix is just as good I think, maybe not as effective as the striker, but it is much more versatile. Can be used against everything, can fire from safety +UAV usage and has no counters.

The lancer though is terribad. Its seem to be missing a lot of its unique features that made it looks much better when higby demoed it. But it is being fix so vs players have to wait.
    • Up x 1
  6. Shaolungbao

Says an infantry player who's happy the phoenix is on his side..
  7. Bape

Stay mad :rolleyes: and i hate it really i just died 3 times by a shotgun trying to take out magrider **** damage by the way.
  8. MaxDamage

How SEXY are these new weapons?

Great to see something with variety and serious style, GREAT JOB DEVS AND ART TEAM!

"Cyborg Bette, you done me WRONG f'the last time.
    I got a new girl, the latest model, and she's MINE all MINE.

Superior programming, superior hardware,
    Superior fire power, superior hardware!"

9. that_darn_lurker

People keep using the word "sniper" with the Lancer as if that word imbibes some magic power to the weapon.
  10. SgtScum

Chargeup on the lancer is a pointless feature as you can unload the whole clip with near perfect accuracy long before you can get a single three shot charge off with its tendency to go wide on a shot or two.

Just point the damn thing at a tank and press the fire button like mad..
  11. Bape

He did say it will 1 hit kill.
  12. Angelo85

Regarding the Vanu one: you can actually abort the charge up by switching weapons. You also don't need to keep the target in sight all the time. You can charge up behind cover and pop out for the shot.
  13. Slyguy65

I concur it needs to do more damage...if the vanu don't get what they want...the TR gets nerfed...I have learned that now.
  14. Slyguy65

if the phoenix could ONE hit KO it would be the most OP POS in this game.
  15. skull4squadron

well i got killed by the phoenix quite a bit tonight .
    you can even see were is coming from till its to late :(
  16. Bags

I like how OP complains about lancer having to charge out in the open when you can charge and then pop out.

Also anyone who wants lancer to OHK infantry... yeah
  17. Amrok1

The Lancer also has damage degradation. I Tested it at 50 meters intervals. At 50m, it takes two 3-charge shots and one 1-charge shot to destroy a prowler from the rear. At 150m, it takes two 3-charge shots and two 1-charge shots to destroy it. At 200m, it takes three 3-charge shots or two 3-charge shots and 5 1-charge shots (be foolish not to just use a 3-charge). Two 3-charge shots to the rear at that range wont even put a prowler into the red.
  18. FlayvorOfEvil

The Striker is a very deadly weapon. 3 striker units can take out a sunderer in a single magazine. And its all lockon.
  19. Eugenitor

Charge and pop out at something that you can't even see because you're behind cover? Not everything shows up on the minimap, and even if it does, it's likely to have driven away by the time you've charged up this piece of crap.
  20. }{ellKnight

Striker does it's job the way it's expected to for he most part. It needs to have it's tracking method changed from that of the Annihilator to that of the Grounder though.

Phoenix should be more effective against air/easier to use against air or something. ATM it's mostly used to get lol worthy kills on infantry and the odd sundy kill here and there... but mostly infantry kills. I'm not sure that's how the devs envisioned this.

Lancer is good in the hands of a group of people coordinating fire because it can instagib vehicles but it seems a bit lackluster if not used in groups. On stationary targets the mana turret is better. As a side note the Striker needs to maintain line of sight while locking on, while firing and while you wait for all of them to hit. That's more than 6 seconds most of the time, just sayin'. With the Lancer you can at least pop and shoot.
    • Up x 1