New Rocket Launchers - The Good, The Bad & The griefer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wristy, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Wristy

Here's a first look/impressions of all the new launchers added today
    • Up x 12
  2. Bill Hicks

Good post.
  3. Zarth

The lancer sucks. That's all I gotta say.
    • Up x 2
  4. TheAnnoyingGunner

Nice one. Like it. But I wouldn't call the Lancer bad, it is just an anti-vehicle sniper with a maybe narrow field of application. Good to bash retreating vehicles from far distance, where you don't even render as infantry to unsuspecting MBTs.
  5. sham

Great vid. While I don't agree entirely, it's fairly clear the Lancer needs a quicker charge time (along with a way to cancel) and the Phoenix could do with a buff to it's range plus also a buff to it's speed at the expense of a bit of steerability at higher speed.

The Striker, while being the best atm, I think should probably go with a different tracking method. The one from the Grounder would be ideal and maybe a slight buff to the lock on time which is a little bit much atm.

To make all three launchers stand out the Lancer and Phoenix need buffs to what they already do and the Striker needs a bit of a change and maybe a tiny buff to lock on time.

Just my opinion and that's off first impressions too.

Did I mention great vid?
    • Up x 2
  6. illgot

I thought the lancer would be a charge and hold charge weapon until the mouse button was released.

Not a charge and suddenly release on the third charge. The Lancer... worse of the 3 by a long shot.
    • Up x 1
  7. DeltaGun

Me and so many people were excited for the lancer. The thing is useless for every role :(

Nice video though! Subscribed ;)
    • Up x 1
  8. Doodles89

it's so painful to see the clear obvious loser in these 3....
  9. Bape

Lancer should 1 shot infantry and reduce charge time.
    • Up x 2
  10. Shaolungbao

seems like the execution of the lancer/phoenix were very different than perceived.. that's fine because the striker is pretty much exactly what was perceived.

Lancer can't insta-gib and usage doesn't really allow for perfect ambushing? good. happy to hear it's not supposed to.

Phoenix isn't actually a fire from safety guided mortar? good.

damage reduction for no pre-fire warning to targets? good compromise there actually.

Seems pretty balanced in terms of vehicle destruction.. we're all still just killing the same bad drivers.

Now why NC are allowed to OHK infantry while Vs have a hard damage reduction and TR aren't even allowed to target them... i don't know.
    • Up x 4
  11. Purg

I believe you can reset the Lancer by swapping weapons - I'd also sight a target, get behind cover while it charges then pop out to fire if I were to use it. I preferred the Striker for its damage over the Phoenix but had a lot more fun shooting at Magriders with the Phoenix after you get the hang of what it can do. I found it pretty unwieldy at less than 150m when it's hard to control but when the missile slowed down you could aim it quite well - I guess this was the balance intention. At targets that close, better off with dumbfiring the Decimator than the Phoenix.

Thought it was a little rough that guy intentionally TK'ed you after running in front of your launcher and dying.
  12. Bape

because the phoenix only has 1 round? while the lancer has 6? 2 full charges kill infantry which = to the entire clip of the lancer which = to 1 phoenix missile. Also ths NC they are know for high damage is it that hard to comprehend?
    • Up x 1
  13. Sov21

Great video, does an excellent job summarizing the weapons
    • Up x 1
  14. Sebastien

Can't do anything in a Vanguard now. Striker is like a roided up Annihalator
  15. xen3000

Phoenix should not OHK infantry. Lancer should not have COF while scoped and should be able to scope and un-scope while charging. Striker... idk, how do you balance a lock-on to be more skill focused? After these changes balance should be re-evaluated.
  16. Sov21

replace Vanguard with 'anything not painted red'
  17. Shaolungbao

well in that case.. i phoenix round should also take as long as 2 full lancer charges too right?

Honestly what server do you people play on? maybe i'm just on the wrong server..

normally lockon warnings and incoming damage get drivers i see to... you know.. actually i won't say it.. need more bad drivers around.
  18. Braken

The main thing that hurts the Lancer, imo, is that the fully charged shot shoots 3 beams in a triangle pattern instead of 1. It makes it hard to deal full damage (That isn't much at all, mind you) to vehicles/aircraft.
    • Up x 2
  19. Bape

With the long reload and we have to guide it and stand still ummmmmmmm balanced?
  20. Tanelorn

All the talk of "its not better than our lockons" is specifically due to SOEs decision to sell us 5x different launchers instead of going the PS1 route and only having faction specific launchers. In PS1 there was the Deci and the ESRL. You used what you had and there wasnt a better alternative.